Cary, NC

Posted June 08, 2015
I felt like the didn't care about my student. When I was frustrated and reached out to talk on behalf of this I was met with much difficulty and disregard at our issues at hand.

Posted March 06, 2015
Amazing school that is now only going to get even better with new administration. The teachers, VP, PTA are amazing.
3 people found this helpful

Alston Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2015
This school is excellent now that the principal has retired. She was very rude, unprofessional and disrespectful. I can't express how happy I was once I heard she was retiring. I feel bad for the teachers that had to put up with her. I do love my daughter's teacher she is amazing! The school in general is very nice. 4 stars but only because someone hired that horrible principal.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 17, 2014
This school has been the worst school by far for leadership and communication. We have not been happy with the rude responses we've received from the principal. The teachers are great but it seems that they are just as frustrated as we have been.
18 people found this helpful

Posted November 19, 2014
New to this area and being a parent of our first kindergarten child. I love this school The growth I have seen since she has started is wonderful. She's sounding out letters and trying to read. She's talks about students in her class as her friends and I can tell she loves the environment The green folder idea works well. I get to see everything she brings home and all her writing and artwork. We really enjoy all the people we have come into contact with from before school care to the office staff

Posted August 03, 2014
Diversity, a satisfying mix of ideas, cultures, races, genders, economic statuses and other characteristics necessary for promoting growth and learning among a group. Having variety in religious, racial, cultural, and geographic backgrounds as well as experiences, beliefs, and world view is great. When I read the race page on this site it lead me to think the school was a lot of White people. But I found out that people from India are WHITE. They make up 1/2 the schools population. A great mix of diversity.
2 people found this helpful

Alston Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2014
enrollment is 1000 + and capped-crowded! There are 10 kindergarten classes now. Teacher retention is not great.
6 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2014
I have the opportunity to witness first hand what is important to school environments that are successful. I am blessed to have found Alston Ridge Elementary. The administration is the most caring to teachers and students. Even with the number of students we have, the administration knows most the students by name. Students' achievements are announced and celebrations are held quite often to involve parents. Expectations for Teachers are high, but that is what any employer should expect if they want a well run, successful business. Schools' business is educating children for the future. This dedicated staff works hard to make our children enjoy learning. High expectations is what is needed to be a success and I am proud to be an ARES Gator and part of this family.

Posted May 05, 2014
The school is pretty engaged. Reports of bullying(if any) are promptly taken care of. Parents are given good feedback on progress. In general, the students who attend this school are from a higher caliber. There is however some pressure from all the Asian kids for academics. Seems like almost everyone does go out and do external coaching like Kumon etc. So they come back more advanced and you are pressured into getting your kids into one of those places so they dont fall behind.

Posted April 01, 2014
Amazing school, staff and PTA. So many opportunities to be involved and participate in your childs education. Wonderful communication from both school, PTA and teachers. Kids are very fortunate!

Alston Ridge Elementary School
11555 Green Level Church Road, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Alston Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alston Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top