Posted February 04, 2010

Posted December 19, 2008
This is a WONDERFUL school, able to help students excell at either end of the spectrum if they are advanced or if they have a learning dissabliilty or handicap. Because of the schools small size the students are bonded like a family. They accept each others strengths and weaknesses. I have seen the smartest and brightest encourage and help the slower ones rather than make them feel dumb or put them down. This school has a GREAT bunch of Teachers who REALLY are there for the students and are ready to help them even if it means coming in early or staying late to help. I can't say enough good things about this school. They havestarted the Early College program this year and your students can go to High School for 5 years instead of 4 and graduate with a 2 year college degree.

Posted December 17, 2008
The Blue Ridge School is definitely unique for its smallness. My child is one of a very small senior class and is good friends with children of all ages and knows pretty much everyone in the school. The opportunity that the early college provides for him to earn college credit while in high school is something I wish I had the chance to do. The teachers, especially Mrs. Young work hard to keep him moving forward and encourage him to think big. He has a chance to go on to college which was not part of his plans just a short time ago. If the quality of teachers and their effort continue to improve in this way, I think many of our children will begin to dream a little bigger and feel like they can grow outside of our small community. Keep up the good work.

Blue Ridge School 0

Posted November 12, 2008
I have three girls who attend Blue Ridge School. I love this school! Growing up I attended every school in the county except BRS, because of the location. I placed my children there because of the AMAZING Pre-K (Ms. Wanda is the Best!). Even after moving off the mountain, I still choose to drive an hour for my children to attend this school. I love the close 'family' we have! I agree with the parent who wrote 'this is not a school for everyone'. I guess if you don't want an extended family you would not fit in. I love that the teachers know my children they are not just a number! I recomend this school above any in the county!

Posted November 10, 2008
I have 2 children in Blue Ridge School. My oldest has a learning disability and thank goodness for this school. He is not pulled out of the classroom or treated any different. He has excellent teachers who will take time with him. He is excelling and so very proud of himself, which I think is great. I also have a daughter in 3rd grade. She loves her teacher and she is having a great year this year. The student teacher ratio in this school is so unique. The teachers actually have time and make the extra time for the students that need it. If problems arise they are dealt with privately and efficiently in a timely manner. They never look down on anyone and welcome everyone. The atmosphere is so wonderful it is like everyone already knows everyone else. And even the students welcom new students with open arms. This is

Posted October 29, 2008
I have 3 boys at Blue Ridge and love the environment here. My oldest is in 5th grade and my youngest in pre-k. My children enjoy going to school and above the curriculum they also learn valuable life lessons at Blue Ridge. The transitions each year from one grade to another is always smooth as these students know the faculty and staff and there are no 'big' changes. The new principal, Mrs. Winburn, spends more time in the classrooms and this is a major plus! I would recommend Blue Ridge to anyone but especially for younger students. The pre-k program is exceptional and can not be beaten.

Blue Ridge School 3

Posted September 22, 2008
I have a son who goes to Blue Ridge and hes in the 9th grade. Im not to thrilled by the administration but it has been worse in the past. My other children go to Highlands School but because of the sports team and the college program offered is the reason we choose Blue Ridge. This is not a school for everyone so you really have to check it out before making a decission to bring your child here.

Posted July 31, 2008
I have 3 children attending Blue Ridge and I love the atmosphere at this school. The faculty and staff are willing to go the extra mile to help all students and that makes a great school

Posted December 19, 2004
As a parent of a 6th grader at Blue Ridge I feel that this school is an excellent choice for my daughter because it is smaller and she is able to go to the adminstration when there is a problem. The teahcers there are willing to help the students by staying after school if they need extra help on class work so that they can make good grades. Not many teachers I know would do this for any student. Consider a larger school how many teachers or even adminstrators are willing to give up their afternoons to help a strugling student, and how many of these people can recognize a student outside of the school setting? My daugher's principal and assistant principal both have been a great help to my daughter when she was being picked on the problem was dealt with promptly and hasn't happened again.

Blue Ridge School 1

Posted October 21, 2004
- a administrator

Blue Ridge School
Bobcat Drive, Cashiers, NC  28717
Last modified Blue Ridge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.