Bad
Good

Wonderful school. The teachers have so much to offer. It is a very positive learning environment.

Both my child and I have loved our experience with New Hope. The teachers and staff are able to challenge the kids who learn easily while still meeting the needs of the kids who need some extra help. I feel very fortunate to be able to send my child to this school. She looks forward to going every day.

New Hope is such a wonderful school. Teachers, Staff and Principal Mr. Lewis are great people and I am so glad my son goes here! Best Halloween Carnival around too!

I have two children at New Hope, a fourth grader and a first grader. I am routinely impressed with New Hope. The teachers are exceptional--caring while having high academic standards for students. New Hope meets the needs of all students and supports their learning needs. There is nowhere else where I would want my children to attend school.

My children are doing amazingly well at New Hope. I have a child with strong academics and a child with learning disabilities. I am so impressed with the teachers (both classroom and resource). Not only have my kids made leaps and bounds academically, but they have also learned a great deal about kindness, compassion, and personal responsibility. Admittedly, we have gotten lucky with getting great teachers, but what has impressed me most is how are kids are treated like the individuals they are, no one-size-fits-all approach. The administration even does a good job focusing the kids on what matters during benchmarks, During EOGs when I was heartened to hear my kids talking about "growing their scores" and not "passing or failing". No school is perfect but New Hope is a great place for kids to learn how to be successful, both in academics and in life in general.

If your kid is 'average', this is the school for you. While there are some amazing teachers at this school, I am disappointed with the administration's (past and present) attitude towards kids with 'different needs': they have been quick to send them away or ignore them. If your child is Academically Gifted (AG) or an Exceptional Child (EC), watch out! I have both, but fortunately I'm able to spend a great deal of time at the school as a volunteer and I supplement my kids' education at home. Honestly, I think the staff is discouraged by years of underfunding. But they could do better with what they've got.

The teachers and principal are wonderful I have an AIG Student there so that does say something for the teaching abilities of the staff! I've yet to even meet a New Hope student who doesn't excell in his/her school work. The teachers there don't just teach our children, they love our children!

New Hope Elementary is a wonderful school. My child will leave this year with 6 years of positive experiences! I'm happy with every aspect of this school. Thank you New Hope staff for making my child's first years an enjoyable learning experience!

So far not impressed. Our highlight of the last parent-teacher conference: The school's 'diversity' program pretty much boils down to the teacher telling us that our child must take mandatory Spanish classes and reduce his exposure to his Dad's native German, which is --'SURPRISE!-- not offered at New Hope.

We absolutely love New Hope! Our daughter loves going to school. We have had wonderful teachers every year for 4 years in a row, beginning with Kindergarden. The teachers do a great job of keeping smart kids challenged and interested in learning. Teachers are very responsive to parents and the school has great activities. We were disappointed at first that we could not afford a house in the Chapel Hill school district, but now we are very happy that we are at New Hope. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified New Hope Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.