Posted July 10, 2014
I have attended Woods Charter since I was in the 3rd grade, and am currently a freshman. I love going to school there so much! The classes are small, so you don't know just the kids in your grade, you also have friends in other grades. The teachers are wonderful and extremely dedicated to teaching, and are in some cases overqualified! For example, my 7th grade english teacher went to Duke and Harvard. Due to the teachers being super smart, the classes are rigorous and challenging, but since the teachers have such great personalities, they are also fun! I love every day at Woods, and if you are lucky enough to make it in, then I know you will have as great of an experience as I do!

Posted April 23, 2014
This is my second posting, and since the years since my last, we've had great teachers and so-so teachers, and various issues with my kids. However, I don't know of a better school anywhere around here than Woods. The volunteers are awesome, and many of the teachers go well beyond what they are paid to do to help the kids. I was surprised to see a negative post about Principal Cotton. He was the first individual at Woods I ever talked to, and he convinced me to send my kids there. Perhaps the other parent could be more specific about what Cotton is not doing well? There's always room for improvement.

Posted April 23, 2014
The school is an excellent place for students to learn and grow as individuals. I have two kids at Woods and feel that the current principal is a refreshing injection of energy that will take the school to an even greater level. The teachers and staff could not be more dedicated and the sense of community created with parents, students and faculty is amazing. Best school ever.

Posted April 23, 2014
I was a parent volunteer for many years and loved the school so much I accepted a position when it came available. I have no complaints. The faculty are engaged with the students and truly care about each one.

Posted April 22, 2014
We cannot praise Woods Charter enough. Woods principal and staff sincerely and compassionately care about each student pro-actively involved in helping him/her succeed and always ready to give sympathetic support when the student has any personal challenges or problems . Faculty, staff, and volunteer parents all work together to make this school a community. The product is a unique culture that makes Woods a great school. We love this school !

Posted March 21, 2014
This school is amazing and has a great leader this year. Cannot be happier!!! My kids are thriving in all aspects.

Posted March 21, 2014
This school is an amazing place. We've been part of this school for ten years and been through 5 principals and I think Mr. Bryan is shaping up to be one of the best to date. I have two children in attendance and one who has graduated and I don't think I could drag my kids back to traditional public school. No single place can perfectly suit all people but this comes as close as it gets.

Posted March 20, 2014
I cannot imagine a better place for a kid to grow up. This is a school that really cares about my kids and pushes them to be their best. The teachers are a dedicated group, and the new principal has provided phenomenal leadership. We have been with the school for a long time and are excited that the current principal is finally head of the school. We are grateful for Woods!

Posted March 20, 2014
I have been a member of the Woods community for more than 10 years. The new principal has not reversed or undermined any work done by parents over the years. On the contrary, he is revitalizing and re-energizing the staff and community. My children have thrived at Woods and I am grateful that I found the school when it was still in the strip mall! There was no wait list because most people cared more about the facilities than the wonderful people inside. Those of us who looked beyond were rewarded with an excellent educational institution and a fantastic group of teachers who care about each individual child. I have no doubt that under the leadership of Mr Bryan, Woods will put down strong roots in the building and community which will benefit youngsters for years to come!

Posted March 17, 2014
I have a response to the person who wrote "New principle in his 1st year is not capable,". First I note this person did not say if he/she is a parent of one of our students, a student or a staff/teacher. Second it would be interesting to know how many years this person has been involved and volunteered at Woods. Third this person needs to spell principal correctly. I have full confidence in the principal and he has worked diligently for several years to help Woods. If this person has some positive recommendations to make I am sure the principal would be willing to listen. Grandparent to student at Woods for seven years. Lastly, if you don't like the school or the principal, there are other schools available.

Woods Charter
160 Woodland Grove Lane, Chapel Hill, NC  27514
Last modified Woods Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woods Charter Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.