Posted October 22, 2013
Hats off to the Volleyball Team who just won their third regional match in Swansboro ! Like

Posted August 31, 2013
This is a very competitive school within a great school district. Many students enroll in challenging AP, honors, or accelerated courses. Many options are available for classes including many languages and upper level math and sciences. The teachers, for the most part, are well qualified and dedicated to teaching their subjects rather than dishing out A's. Although they are often tough on their students, at the end of the day, every student understands the material. A vast majority of students continue on to four year colleges, many of which are well-know universities. Extra-curriculars as well as academic and service clubs are often stressed, being in a college town where sports like basketball and football are big focuses. Our athletics tend to be good, but they of course vary from year to year. Our arts department is very established with a various musical opportunities, a large theater that often teams up with the tech crew to create well-known and original productions including a yearly musical. Overall a fantastic school, by far among the best in NC.

Posted May 30, 2013
The 5 & 6 grades for all the high schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City School District appear to be caused by the supposed ~50% pass rate for the Algebra I end-of-course test. I highly doubt that these scores are accurate and there must have been a glitch in the uploading of this data.

Posted April 16, 2013
I don't know how "GreatSchools" comes up with a grade of 5 for this superior High School (one of the best in the state). All three of my children attended the school, received a great education, went on to good colleges and then successful careers.

Posted February 21, 2012
The school is amazing. It has it's failings. The Achievement gap persists thought the black and white kids outperform the national average and similar schools. We still haven't found a great plan for our Burmese refugee students, but all around the kids are great, the sports teams are great, the teacher s work hard, and the curriculum is rigorous.

Chapel Hill High School 2

Posted September 23, 2011
Chapel Hill high school, is a school for quick and psychologically strong kids. If your child is not bright and cant deal with stress well I wouldn't recommend it. Personally, my experience goes against the crowd. This school has hurt me academically, and I've lost all confidence I've ever had in myself. Instead of learning, the teachers are way to concerned about grades, gpa's, and SATs. That is all any of the teachers care about. Not the actual learning part of highschool, just the percentages and the outside looks. If you don't have a's you have nothing. The teachers individually are all usually nice, but do not make an active attempt to help you learn. They give you little to no references to complete assignments, as well as give challenging tests with little to no preparation. All in all, my 2 years here have been incredibly traumatizing.

Posted August 19, 2010
Strong academics, decent administration. Parents may need to push a bit to make sure their student doesn't get channeled into a path that limits their achievement. With a lot of very bright, outspoken, competitive students in the school, it's easy for the quiet kids to miss out on opportunities. That said, my daughter had a very good experience at CHHS, especially in the band program, and has gone on to do well in college.

Chapel Hill High School 4

Posted February 14, 2010

Chapel Hill High School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
I loved going to CHHS when I was there. We had wonderful teachers that really cared; and the school embraced diversity. I recieved a well-rounded education and really enjoyed my time there.

Chapel Hill High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Quality education is afforded to all students.

Chapel Hill High School
1709 High School Rd, Chapel Hill, NC  27516
Last modified Chapel Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapel Hill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top