Posted May 24, 2014
We are a bilingual family and have a daughter in 1st grade at FPG. Her Spanish communication has made amazing strides and the teachers continue to find ways to challenge her. The related arts teachers are great and truly show a passion for what they do! I love the international community here and the dedication to bilingualism.

Posted April 15, 2012
FPG is a great school. The principal is VERY involved with everything at the school. The PTA is super active - offering everything from technology in the classroom to new play ground equipment. The teachers care about the students and are normally very good at communicating with the parents.

Frank P Graham Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2011
Through no fault of her own, my daughter had three first grade teachers and was in a second grade class where half the children did not speak English. She basically "floated" through second grade and was not challenged academically and was limited socially. I have taken my child out of the school.

Posted February 23, 2011
I have a 3rd and 1st grader at FPG and they adore being lions. The new principal is wonderful. She is warm and engaging while maintaining consistent focus on the best practices and most current research in the field of education. The teachers are kind, motivated, and skilled educators. The PTA is amazing and deserves credit for a beautiful new structure installed on the 3rd-5th grade playground. The parent and staff work together to offer literacy night, math night, diversity night, movie night, dances, arts in action, a community garden, and many other enrichment activities for the students of FPG.

Posted July 22, 2010
FPG is a school with a lot of spirit. I have been very happy with the school and administration. My child just finished kindergarten and had a terrific year. The teachers are caring, intelligent, and committed. Also, the community that FPG has created outside of the classroom is amazing. I will admit that I did hear some stories about FPG and had some concerns before my child started school but we have had a wonderful experience.

Posted March 14, 2010
FPG is a wonderful school -- diverse student body, effective and caring teachers, and an active and committed parent community. I have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader and we've been at FPG since kindergarten with them both. It's a very special place.

Frank P Graham Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2009
The dual language program is a poorly organized nightmare. The principal is extremely difficult to communicate with. She is more concerned with the school's statistical performans than needs of individual students. Some of the teachers are very good and dedicated but leadership suffers. The supervision of student interactions needs improvement to assure safe learning environment.

Frank P Graham Elementary School 0

Posted August 28, 2009
Great school and great teachers. We love it. They do an amazing job with the most racially diverse student body. Our son has excelled and is very proud of his school.

Frank P Graham Elementary School
101 Smith Level Road, Chapel Hill, NC  27516
Last modified Frank P Graham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank P Graham Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.