Chapel Hill, NC

Posted October 25, 2014
The school does a great job of meeting every student's needs. There is a dual language program which is great whether your first language is English or Spanish. There are services for any special need. The gifted students program is used not only for those who are at the top of the gifted spectrum, but for many more students who could benefit from the extra challenge. The teachers make every effort to differentiate the curriculum to reach each student.

North Chatham Elementary 4

Posted November 28, 2011
My fifth grader is extremely happy at NCE and enjoys going to school each day. This is the third elementary school that he has attended and the balance between academics and extracurricular activities seems to be appropriate. The staff is helpful and friendly and his teacher is extremely competent and experienced!

Posted September 16, 2009
My kids love North Chatham. They like the teachers on and off...lol. I really love the new pricipal that took over and I think he is going to continue making the school an excellent learning facility.

Posted September 11, 2009
NCS is fantastic! This is our second year at NCS and we have been very pleased! The teachers are very caring and the school is small so the principal actually knows the students and you arent just a number! The teachers help bring out the best in your child! My daughter loves going to school every day!

Posted February 01, 2009
We are very happy with this school. Great Teacher, lots of activites. great after care.

Posted October 30, 2008
hi, i go to this school and I am in 7th grade. this school is wonderful! if i have a prob. and i need help trying to solve it they help me...they are great!

Posted March 27, 2008
This is a great school with a diverse population. The teachers are wonderful and hard working professionals who truly care about the children and their education. I'm always welcomed! warmly

North Chatham Elementary 3

Posted January 20, 2008
All three of my children attend this school and all three have seemed to like it alot. On the contrary, though, my daughter doesn't get the academic differenciation she needs. Overall, this is a quite nice school!

Posted February 20, 2006
North Chatham School has provided an outstanding educational experience for my son's Kindergarten year. His class has 18 students and is staffed with both a teacher and assistant teacher. He has had an opportunity to participate in the Science Fair and a Young Author's competition. He loves to go to school which was one of our primary objectives for his first year.

Posted January 18, 2006
I have had the privelege and honor of teaching at North Chatham School for the past 3 years. I have been a part of 4 other school districts in the past and find North Chatham to be an example of excellence. Our staff is truly dedicated to our students, everyone from admistration to custodial staff. Our test scores show that we are commited to constantly improving our academic programs and meeting the North Carolina Curriculum of study. We also continue to add to our extracurricular activities in order to meet the needs of our diverse population. We have a wonderful PTA who supports our school tremendously. I was sadden to read such a negataive review of our school on this site. I encourage the parents/community members to voice thier opinions about our school, so that we make sure we are constantly striving for excellence.

3380 Lystra Road, Chapel Hill, NC  27517
Last modified North Chatham Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Chatham Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top