Charlotte, NC
Before care: Yes

Posted December 18, 2013
Great school, however 56% of the students are on a reduced lunch pricing program which says that poverty is an issue. It really boils down to how much time you spend with your child outside of the school working on homework and so forth. My son does well considering that we always do his homework and help out. Other students that do not have parents working with them at home do not do well.

Posted December 06, 2013
Lake Wylie is a phenomenal school. I was a littel wary when we moved to the area because of the 3/10 rating. However, the principal Ms. Hayes has only been there for 2 years and she is great. She greets all the kids EVERY morning when they enter. She is always available for parents. I have 3 kids in this school in various grades and the teachers are accessible and attentive in all the grades. The school is very up to date with their technology and my kids love it. My daughter loves being a part of their student CCTV broadcast. They have lots of extracurricular activities rangin from robotics to french club and the PTA is very active and relevant. I honestly could not be happier with this school and my kids rave about it and their teachers. Good Job Pirates!

Posted November 24, 2013
Great school! The Principal really cares. I have seen her interest to communicate each day as she waits for kids at the drop off evey morning. Teachers really care for their students. My son has been attending 3 years this school. Keep up the good work!

Posted June 11, 2013
My son attends Lake Wylie Elementary since the end of his first grade. The personal interest from the teachers and staff is outstanding. The science Olympiad team performed an amazing job winning in 16 events this school year bringing home 34 medals. This success was obtained with the help of our outstanding science teacher and our dedicated children. Lake Wylie is an OUSTANDING SCHOOL; my experience has been great here at Lake Wylie.

Lake Wylie Elementary School 1

Posted January 02, 2013
My child started Kindergarten here and I was told many disheartening things from my child as to what takes place at school. This has also been documented by professionals outside the school. My child told me that a child brought a toy gun to school and was showing it to other students during recess. If this is happening and it goes unnoticed what else is happening? A toy gun is scary no matter what and should never be taken lightly. My child is a Kindergartner who was placed in this school temporarily and had no choice. I am a Real Estate professional and had reservations to begin with. Where is the supervision? What about enabling and helping children to feel that it is okay to speak out rather than cover it up? If my child felt comfortable around her classmates perhaps it would be different.

Lake Wylie Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2012
I am not Impressed with this school at all. The Staff for the most part is very unpleasant .The teachers do not pay attention to what's going on with the children, and you have STAFF members who GOSSIP with parents about other peoples children and act like they're in high school all over again... I mean shouldn't the focus be on the children! The parents are not involved at the school and it's sad. The way that some of the teachers talk to the students is just horrible! I can't wait to get my child OUT OF THIS SCHOOL!!! There is a reason Lake Wylie has a 3 out of 10. My child loves to learn and just loves school period but he always has a story to tell about school and it's hardly ever anything good!

Posted August 01, 2012
The Communication is IMPECCABLE! We have been at 5 elementary schools so far in CMS and I am so impressed with Lake Wylie! In fact, my daughter got into the magnet program and we decided to cancel that and keep her at Lake Wylie! I can't wait to start another year!

Posted June 05, 2011
I must say that I am surprised Lake Wylie is rated at a 5 because this school is outstanding. I moved from CT and used this site to find a good school for my 2 boys (my other son goes to Southwest Middle, another good school). The teachers and principal are wonderful and care so much about the students. The children here are being well prepared for their next grades. My son has gone to school here for the 3rd and 4th grade and had the most amzaing teachers, he loves it here also.

Lake Wylie Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
This is only my 3rd year at Lake wylie but I have been very pleased with the academic progress my children have made. They are both in the talent development program and I love that they are in that enviroment all day (not just an hour or so like other CMS schools).

Lake Wylie Elementary School 0

Posted September 12, 2009
Lake Wylie is an awesome school. My daughters love and have excelled since they've been attending Lake Wylie. It's truly a family atmosphere.

Lake Wylie Elementary School
13620 Erwin Rd, Charlotte, NC  28273
Last modified Lake Wylie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Wylie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top