Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Druid Hills Elementary
Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 25, 2016
I'm not sure yet.today was my kids first day attending this school. Will update soon.

Druid Hills Elementary 3

Posted July 25, 2016
Today was my kids first day of school, it's just the first day, I don't know much about this school but I know it has alot of bad reviews, and a really bad rep!. Last year I came to check it out myself and I did not like this school at all! I saw a middle school student through a chair at his teacher and he was just out of line and disrespectful and the other kids thought it was so funny and just laughed at the poor teacher. After seeing that I turned to the councilor and said thank you for your time and walked straight back out the doors!. my husband says mabye I over reacted so I went to go check it out again for this year, oh boy i did not want to even step foot in thier again and to my surprise it seems to be completely diffrent from the last time I visited this school. Last year the middle school students were OUT OF HAND! BATS A** CRAZY out of hand. But so far this year is going at a really good start. The school was super clean, staff were amazingly friendly and very helpful, the middle school students seem to be very proper and nice and WE'LL BEHAVED, the elementary part of the school is the most exceptional part For me, The teachers are so friendly and warm welcoming and the children were so happy and just sweet! Now I know of course mabye because its the first day back to school all may seem fine and dandy, but so far all seems too good, so im giving them a try, besides it's a new year the majority of the middle school students from last year are in highschool now, and the school has a new 0 tolerance policy, any students with a disruptive behavior or break out any fights, all students who even get involved in that kind of behavior even instigators will be expelled! My kids are honest and i trust thier word, if they say that they like it and thier happy, then so am i! And I will be looking forward for my kids to learn more and make new friends :).But if they don't and something happens, bullying or something that even makes thier learning experience a bad one, I'm pulling them out. :(. I will be updating soon.

Druid Hills Elementary 1

Posted September 28, 2014
I am a very disappointed mother. This is my children's first year attended druid hills they had to be put there because we moved and it was the school that is in our district. They used to attend eastover elementary school, my children are scared to go to school attending druid hills there are fights everyday they are being bullied by other kids they don't go to breakfast because they are scared a fight will break out. They hate riding the school bus because of the fights that occur. And Mrs. cavil is very rude and nasty she thinks she can scare the children into learning but it doesn't help it just make them want to put a guard up in don't learn anything. I've tried to request to move them back to east over but its alot harder then I thought I'm Actually thinking about moving again just to get them out that school and into a better one.

Druid Hills Elementary 1

Posted September 29, 2013
Ms. Cavil has a terrible attitude and does not seem to help students at all. can't wait to move back to Shamrock Gardens

Druid Hills Elementary
2801 Lucena Ave, Charlotte, NC  28206
Last modified Druid Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.