Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The reason why I put a great is because for me East Meck challenge me to exceed in my academic average.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The reason why I strongly agree is because that's the way I feel about it.

Bad school due to bad leadership. Find another option for your child! This is a terrible environment.

This school is terribly mismanaged. The principal only cares about his image and not about his teachers or students. The school is falling apart once you get past the front office and auditorium. There are not enough novels, morale is low, and turnover is high. There are many behavioral issues among students that are brushed under the rug so that the principal's image isn't tainted. It is a hostile work and learning environment.

My daughter is a freshman at East . She has had a fantastic year! She is very involved in school clubs and activities and met so many new, great and smart friends. East is a great place to be! Our family will be at East for 7 more years. Best high school in Charlotte ! Rick Parker is the best school leader. He is personable, engaged with the kids and committed to their success!

East Meck is an amazingly diverse community of students with faculty that truly care. Especially with the IB program, students are given global perspectives in the classroom concerning real issues that we will face in our futures. I had my doubts about East Meck going in because of its "bad" reputation from incidents that occurred many years ago, but that reputation is slowly but surely going away, as it should. I have experienced nothing but happiness at this school and I am so grateful to have gone to a school with diversity. Learning at East Meck extends beyond the classroom, and my four years there have really shaped me into who I am as a person today. Go Eagles! Best school in the CMS school system!

East Meck has always been considered a vibrant and strong part of the cms system but can sometimes be referred to the quote "bad" school from incidents years and years ago when the lines were redrawn. Going in I though maybe it was based on all of the things I was told by friends going to Providence or Myers Park, but I quickly learned what made a great school. The East Mecklenburg family is a very diverse group of strong and intelectual individuals that strive to better the community and challenge themselves in everyday actions. Coming from being a part of it's well known IB program, I made many life long friends and learned more about how to be open to more ideas and how to be a better well rounded person. East Meck not only embraces the idea of equality and world culture but rather the idea that experiences go a lot longer that the books you read or the papers you write. My 4 years at East Mecklenburg helped evolve me into a college student, open to the many ideas life will begin to throw towards me. The East Meck education embodies critical thinking and analyzation as well as encompacing global aspects to give a more well rounded education.

Great school! I was fortunate to attend high school here, after having been stuck in the Christian school system for elementary and middle school. What a relief! How glad I am that I got exposed to real education and diverse people before I went to college! East Mecklenburg has a great variety of AP and IB classes, with some wonderful teachers at the helm. I entered the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with 25 credit hours, thanks to my wonderful AP classes that really prepared me for the tests. Students here are open and friendly, with groups mixing relatively easily. I may not have been a "popular" kid, but I never felt unpopular or unwanted. For the first time in my life, East Meck exposed me to diversity both in culture and in education. Both were MILES better than my Christian school experiences, and I strongly discourage Charlotte parents from sending their kids to Christian schools. Maybe you'll worry about East Meck's location or the fact that it's not the richest public school in Charlotte, but that's a baseless worry. If your child is motivated, there are as many opportunities for them here as Myers Park or Independence or any other public school.

I have one son that attended and graduated from East Meck in 2013. He was not in the IB program but excelled academically. East Meck offered sufficient honors classes and AP classes to satisfy our needs. He was accepted into every college he applied to including the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and NC State. He just finished his freshman year at NC State in mechanical engineering. He was on the Dean's List both semesters! My son was well prepared for college based on the education he received from East Meck. It is not necessary to be in the IB program unless that is something your child really wants to do. I have seen so many kids struggle in IB and not enjoy their high school years at all. It is not necessary if they take Honors classes and AP classes. No school is perfect -- not private or public. All schools have some issue that you will have to deal with as a parent. My son transferred from Vance High School to East Meck during his freshman year. That was the best move we could have made. The student body is very diverse and they stress respect for all. Not much fighting but it does happen. The administrators respond appropriately. Good School!

This school is pretty good. I am a current freshman in the IB program at East Meck and I like it so far. It is definitely better than most schools and most of the teachers are extremely dedicated to making sure that we not only get promoted, but we graduate.

Last modified East Mecklenburg High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.