Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,510

Harding University High
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 27, 2015
see previous comment I like this school and it is a good place to attend if you are serious about your learning.

Posted June 27, 2015
My daughter attended there all 4 years as an IB student. I like the rigorous courses they offer, because students need to be prepared for college, and this school did that. The PTA and Band Association were great, except that they need more parental support to help get many more positive things going on at the school. The news always show the negative about Harding, but there were many positive things that went on-Fall Festival-the students put on a Fall Festival and many families came out to support it. The homecomings-every year students who used to attend the school would come back and participate. It was nice to see those who attended come back to support the school-it's like a family! I hate that many teachers leave the school-they need to be a support to the children! Harding University is a school for students who care about their learning-and they will receive it if they focus on their learning and not the negative things, because all schools have something negative about them. It is what you as students, staff, and parents do to make the school a positive place to attend!

Harding University High 2

Posted January 10, 2011
Since the regime change at Harding, and with the new pending enrollment status changes, things are about to get worse than they already are at Harding. The students do not care to learn, nor do they behave in any way shape or form. Furthermore, the administration does not enforce rules fairly. They play favorites with both teachers and students. For the most part, the teachers are efficient. But this school does not look for the students' best interest.

Harding University High 2

Posted November 09, 2009
I t is rediculous that there is simply not enough control here at HUHS and I would know because I am a student here!

Harding University High 4

Posted September 21, 2009
My son attends Harding University High school and I must say I'm so very pleased with the school and the teachers. They are supportive and want what's best for the students. The teachers also challenge the students academically and that's just great. Harding also offer alot of pre- college courses. I'm proud to have my son attend Harding University High School!

Posted September 16, 2009
As an alumni, I love Harding University High School because it is the only high school in the state with the word 'university' in its title. And it offers the I.B. program for extensive learning. Harding is also a magnet school, which means that a student can live anywhere in Charlotte and attend Harding. The marching band also marched at the Inauguration as well and I am very proud of them.

Harding University High 4

Posted December 01, 2005
Great School! My daughter is continuing in the IB program, which has continued to challenge her academically. I especially like the 'Teacherease' program that can be used to track your child's progress. The site is kept up-to-date and I receive prompt responses from teachers when I inquiry or have concerns. Mr. Carroll is very much involved with the students and takes a personal interest in each one.

Posted November 20, 2005
This is the best school in Charlotte, NC.

Posted March 08, 2005
This is a great school. Harding University High is the best high school in CMS and in North Carolina. You build lasting friendships and make very deep connections with the other students. The teachers are excellent and truly try to make every child successful. At Harding my child learns the importance of a successful high school and college education. Also Mr. Carroll is great.

Posted February 19, 2005
Last year was the first year my daughter attend and there I feel very pleased with the school teachers there are very concern about all their students and very much involed with them. And the students have a personal relationship with them also. The students feels comfortable to disussed anything to the teacher. I'm glad that my daughter is attending Harding high school.

Harding University High
2001 Alleghany Street, Charlotte, NC  28208
Last modified Harding University High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harding University High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top