Bad
Good

I have two children that attend this school they started in august we move to Charlotte nc from Raleigh nc , the staff is rude and disrespectful to parents and the children they have an elderly teacher teaching 25 children without a assistant and daily they are having fight in the classroom as well has disruptive behavior yesterday I was in a middle if my aunt funeral get call from school the thrid grade class having a pencil fight which invoveld my child begin hurtthen when he reacted they suspend him for a day for being bullied

I transferred my daughter here from University Park Arts due to transportation. I am very disappointed she was doing more in kindergarten at Uiversity than in1st grade here. The work is not challenging at all she is done with her homework in 5 mins. This school year I am trying to get my daughter back in a full magnet. The children in this school are at severe disadvantage. Parents beware.

I moved here from IL last Oct. i am very disappointed in this school...The ppl here are very rude and nasty to the students..I am moving again because of this school there is not anof education being taught here...

I was somewhat apprehensive when my child began first grade because we had just moved to the area. However, she now enjoys going to school and is learning a lot. She loves her teacher, Ms. Simmons, and comes home happy everyday excited to share stories about her day!

I really was impressed with the teachers and the way they interacted with my children. I have three children and this was there first time at a Charlotte Mecklenburg School and I loved Ms. McCoy, Ms. Jones, and Ms. Phifer and Ms. Smith. The Principal was always visable for the parents to see and it was a great experience and I am so thankful that they attended there!

Last modified Hickory Grove Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.