Hickory Grove Elementary 1

Posted December 10, 2013
I have two children that attend this school they started in august we move to Charlotte nc from Raleigh nc , the staff is rude and disrespectful to parents and the children they have an elderly teacher teaching 25 children without a assistant and daily they are having fight in the classroom as well has disruptive behavior yesterday I was in a middle if my aunt funeral get call from school the thrid grade class having a pencil fight which invoveld my child begin hurtthen when he reacted they suspend him for a day for being bullied

Hickory Grove Elementary 2

Posted May 30, 2012
I transferred my daughter here from University Park Arts due to transportation. I am very disappointed she was doing more in kindergarten at Uiversity than in1st grade here. The work is not challenging at all she is done with her homework in 5 mins. This school year I am trying to get my daughter back in a full magnet. The children in this school are at severe disadvantage. Parents beware.

Hickory Grove Elementary 1

Posted September 15, 2010
I moved here from IL last Oct. i am very disappointed in this school...The ppl here are very rude and nasty to the students..I am moving again because of this school there is not anof education being taught here...

Posted November 28, 2007
I was somewhat apprehensive when my child began first grade because we had just moved to the area. However, she now enjoys going to school and is learning a lot. She loves her teacher, Ms. Simmons, and comes home happy everyday excited to share stories about her day!

Posted June 06, 2007
I really was impressed with the teachers and the way they interacted with my children. I have three children and this was there first time at a Charlotte Mecklenburg School and I loved Ms. McCoy, Ms. Jones, and Ms. Phifer and Ms. Smith. The Principal was always visable for the parents to see and it was a great experience and I am so thankful that they attended there!

Posted September 24, 2006

Posted May 12, 2006
I moved here almost two yrs ago, and i have a 10 year old. My son is in mrs tuckers class, she has been a blessing to him. Her tirerless efforts in teaching my son, and working with him has brought out the best in him. The progress he has made is unbelievable. If i could have one wish now it would be for hickory grove to extend its grades to the 12th. Leevon loyd my son is now in the fourth grade and has one yr left, i fear the day he has to leave. Reason being is i know the teachers he has now are genuine, in what they do, and how they feel about children like my son.

Hickory Grove Elementary
6709 Pence Road, Charlotte, NC  28215
Last modified Hickory Grove Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Grove Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.