Charlotte, NC

Posted December 23, 2014
I love idlewild. Great teachers, great curriculum, great students. Very hands on and the teachers care about each student's individual success.

Posted December 23, 2014
I love Idlewild!! This school is so interactive and proactive in teaching their students and helping them in every area of their learning. They send text messages and the principle calls every week with a weekly update on whats happening at the school. My daughter loves going to school which makes me so very happy and gives me relief. Her teacher is great and she is reading above grade level which is exciting for me. Idlewild is a great school with great teachers who go above and beyond for their students. I couldn't be happier.

Posted September 06, 2014
Great all around program with great staff who teach the whole child. My family is very thankful for this school.

Posted April 17, 2014
Idlewild Elementary is a fantastic school! My daughter is a kindergartner in the magnet program and we could not be more pleased with this school! She is reading at a high level and loves going to school everyday. They have electives here three days a week which can vary from Rainforest Study (K) to Civil War History (older kids). The staff are friendly and extremely qualified, the classroom is diverse, and the school has excellent technology available to the students. Idlewild is also always being recognized as a magnet school of excellence, and they just received recognition in NC as a title 1 reward school. I just can't say enough good things about this school- again we are very pleased with our decision to send our daughter here.

Posted December 15, 2012
I was a student at Idlewild Elementary School and I enjoyed my years there and it set me up for a great transition into middle school.

Posted November 03, 2010
Idlewild is a great school and my son loves going everyday. The teachers and staff are wonderful.

Posted October 26, 2010
Second year at Idlewild. The staff and teachers are incredibly dedicated to all the students. Academics in the magnet program are second to none. My child is a person at this school, not just a number. My child has received opportunities not available at his home school including the elective program, clubs and academic competitions. Students are given the tools to succeed and encouraged to do so here. Glad to have found this school and looking forward to finishing elementary school here at Idlewild.

Idlewild Elementary 1

Posted May 06, 2010
Very disappointed with the school. Academics within the magnet program have been acceptable; however not worth the trade off of violent infractions and bullying that occur on the playground and especially the before and after school program. Also, county will only allow transfer back to home school on the quarter mark...... So, if your child is bullied and unhappy - you are stuck! They need some intensive work on bullying and playground safety within the mainstream school. Looking forward to going back to home school.

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted November 23, 2007

Idlewild Elementary
7101 Idlewild Road, Charlotte, NC  28212
Last modified Idlewild Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idlewild Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top