Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 2,153

Posted September 29, 2014
I have been going here for 2 years now, since moving from upstate New York. I really like all the kids I have met and felt very welcomed. In new york, I thought the teachers were ok, but didn't feel like they really cared. At Indy, I love my Spanish teacher and Math teacher the most, and frequently stay after for additional tutoring. That helps me really understand everything better and do better on tests. Im in 9th grade and am excited to play JV sports and go to all the games for all the different sports. I play volleyball and its so much fun and I am learning alot! Go Indy!

Posted September 16, 2014
I am was new to this school this year and I am so happy to be part of this wonderful school. It has helped me out with my big move down to the south!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 03, 2014
Independence is a fabulous school. The academics are strong, offering multiple programs like AIS and Academy of Engineering, advanced placement and honors courses. Career ready courses are expanding every semester. I feel the administration is hands on and relates to both students and parents. Communication through calling posts and emails are regular. Teachers are involved in after school activities and show they are genuinely there for the education of their students. We are blessed to have the Big I in Mint Hill!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
This school rocks...so impressed with all the new programs and how well the students are excelling in a wonderful environment. Keep up the great work. Joan Barnes

Posted August 21, 2014
Good school and I love the teachers and good football game on Thursday and Friday night

Posted July 26, 2014
Great school! My oldest son graduated in 2005 and my youngest son will graduate in 2015. I have always been greatly satisfied with teachers and advanced placement classes. My oldest son was really prepared when he went off to college.

Posted July 24, 2014
Independence is a great comprehensive high school that meets or exceeds growth each year. The principal and staff have a clear vision and work hard to meet the needs of each student.

Posted July 24, 2014
My son attended Butler for 2 years and then was re-assigned to Independence. What a blessing. It is an awesome school with well rounded programs and academic offerings. My daughter currently is a senior and we have had a great 3 years at Indy both in academics and athletics. We love Independence and will miss it next year when she moves to the university of her choice.

Posted July 23, 2014
Indy is a great school with great teachers! We have been so happy at the school.

Posted July 23, 2014
We love Indy and believe that the small town feel of our community reaches into our school. Our son had a successful freshman year and is looking forward to sophomore year.

Independence High
1967 Patriot Drive, Charlotte, NC  28227
Last modified Independence High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top