Posted July 26, 2014
Great school! My oldest son graduated in 2005 and my youngest son will graduate in 2015. I have always been greatly satisfied with teachers and advanced placement classes. My oldest son was really prepared when he went off to college.

Posted July 24, 2014
Independence is a great comprehensive high school that meets or exceeds growth each year. The principal and staff have a clear vision and work hard to meet the needs of each student.

Posted July 24, 2014
My son attended Butler for 2 years and then was re-assigned to Independence. What a blessing. It is an awesome school with well rounded programs and academic offerings. My daughter currently is a senior and we have had a great 3 years at Indy both in academics and athletics. We love Independence and will miss it next year when she moves to the university of her choice.

Posted July 23, 2014
Indy is a great school with great teachers! We have been so happy at the school.

Posted July 23, 2014
We love Indy and believe that the small town feel of our community reaches into our school. Our son had a successful freshman year and is looking forward to sophomore year.

Posted March 31, 2014
Independence High School is a work in progress. The Principle is very capable and has made significant strides in improving the school from top to bottom. I expect to see the GreatSchools Rating rising steadily.

Independence High 2

Posted August 26, 2013
I currently attend this school and it is horrible. They have told us the school is not only infested with bugs, but also MICE. Many teachers don't care about if the students understand the information being taught. The administration has always been rude to me personally. The environment does not feel safe because there are so many rough kids. Overall independence is NOT a good school.

Posted July 17, 2011
I graduated from The Big I way back in 1970. It is a wonderful school and always has been. Times change and students in Charlotte-Meck sometimes have to travel a long way to school. This is a very diverse student body. There are a lot of teachers there who graduated from Independence and that should speak volumes As times change everyone has to adjust. Overcrowding occurs and new schools are built. Sometimes that splits up friends, but Independence has always seemed to come out at or near the top. The football team is coming back. They were undefeathed for many years (7 to be exact) and both of my children went there. I am glad to say we are alumnus of The Big I.

Independence High 1

Posted June 15, 2010
this is a horrible school i went there and I'm happy that I'm leaving there and getting transfered. every time you call the school they will always transfer you to a voice mail as if the people in the front office don't know a thing. like they can't even answer the simplest questions. also when you leave a message you hardly ever get a call back. independence has brought too many many bad things to me and it was only my first year there.

Posted January 07, 2010
This School Is A Great School The Principle Is great. The teachers are great and the Safety of this Is school I great to I recommend It for parents who wanna enroll there kids In a high school

Independence High
1967 Patriot Drive, Charlotte, NC  28227
Last modified Independence High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.