Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted December 03, 2015
I have lived in the Mint Hill Community for 15 years, my son attended Independence High School and was an honor student and athlete. Most recently he graduated with excellent academic achievement and is now attending UNCC. The parental and community involvement is fabulous, the teachers and staff are wonderful and the academic achievement ranks up at the top.

Posted November 30, 2015
My husband and I love Independence High School! My daughter was in honors classes and her counselors at Independence helped direct her path and now she is in 11th grade taking college classes along with CMS classes. We really appreciate all of the hard work of the teachers and staff it really makes a difference.

Independence High
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 30, 2015
The teachers hold the students to a high standard and expect the best from them at all times.

Independence High 1

Posted July 30, 2015
I teach at the school and it's dangerous. The principal has little control over discipline. We had four teachers physically assaulted last year. One student was attacked by another with a broken beer bottle. The faculty doesn't feel safe and the students shouldn't either!

Independence High 4

Posted May 02, 2015
I really think the school has been great for our children! A few areas to work on possibly being required to be a CMS staff member to be involved with the sports team as a coach or assistant. I have witnessed some questionable behaviors out of an assistant who sells sports equipment out of the truck of his car at a cheap price. We walked away while other kids purchased athletic wear from an assistant (non-employee) of a winter sports team. This was in all new packages as if it has been taken from somewhere else. Don't think administration would have approved had they known. This seemed to be authentic wear from a professional sports team. Not sure it's paints a good image for the school or its Coach.

Posted January 07, 2015
Great school, fantastic Principle and engaged parents are making Independence an excellent High School in Mint Hill.

Posted September 29, 2014
I have been going here for 2 years now, since moving from upstate New York. I really like all the kids I have met and felt very welcomed. In new york, I thought the teachers were ok, but didn't feel like they really cared. At Indy, I love my Spanish teacher and Math teacher the most, and frequently stay after for additional tutoring. That helps me really understand everything better and do better on tests. Im in 9th grade and am excited to play JV sports and go to all the games for all the different sports. I play volleyball and its so much fun and I am learning alot! Go Indy!

Posted September 16, 2014
I am was new to this school this year and I am so happy to be part of this wonderful school. It has helped me out with my big move down to the south!

Posted September 03, 2014
Independence is a fabulous school. The academics are strong, offering multiple programs like AIS and Academy of Engineering, advanced placement and honors courses. Career ready courses are expanding every semester. I feel the administration is hands on and relates to both students and parents. Communication through calling posts and emails are regular. Teachers are involved in after school activities and show they are genuinely there for the education of their students. We are blessed to have the Big I in Mint Hill!

Posted August 22, 2014
This school rocks...so impressed with all the new programs and how well the students are excelling in a wonderful environment. Keep up the great work. Joan Barnes

Independence High
1967 Patriot Drive, Charlotte, NC  28227
Last modified Independence High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top