Posted October 22, 2013
This is a good school. The teachers and staff are caring and go the extra mile to make the year memorable and instructive for the kids. My daughter is very happy there.

J H Gunn Elementary 0

Posted January 15, 2008
I am very involved in my children's education. This is a great school. The teachers and administration have high expectations for all students at J H Gunn.

J H Gunn Elementary 0

Posted July 31, 2007
I am a parent who has 1 child that has attended K-3rd so far and with the change in principals came a change in teacher retention. I also do not like the demographics and feel they are unequal and feel teachers spend entirely too much time disciplining children and not educating. Sadly, we are seeking another school to insure my child's education is the primary focus.

Posted December 21, 2005

Posted September 19, 2005
I cannot say it loud enough - i love J.H. Gunn! this is my son's 2nd year there and i cannot think of a better school for him to attend. The teachers are caring and loving towards the students. The principal, ms. 'G' treats them as if they are her own and has a hands on relationship with them. Ms. Pendergrass was my son's 3rd grade teacher and she and i were side-by-side partners in his education. She cared for him, called me when she had concerns, and kept him close to her heart, she is an exceptional teacher, she teaches the whole child. This year my son was blessed to be assigned in ms. Price.....She is awesome to say the least. We will be moving out of the district and the fact that my son will no longer be attending J.H. Gunn brings tears to my eyes.

J H Gunn Elementary
7400 Harrisburg Road, Charlotte, NC  28215
Last modified J H Gunn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J H Gunn Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top