Charlotte, NC

Posted June 17, 2015
My daughter has just finished kindergarten. The teachers at Lansdowne are compassionate, caring and driven. Our principal and the administrative staff are very responsive to parents and especially the children. The ib world curriculum keeps the kidd interested and engaged. We are proud to be part of the Lansdowne Lions!

Lansdowne Elementary 4

Posted January 09, 2015
My three kids have all gone to Lansdowne and we love this school! Great teachers and the IB program is terrific. The building is old, but it serves the needs of the students. This is a great place for your child and family to feel like you "belong" to a school family.

Posted November 05, 2013
I have two children at Lansdowne and I cannot begin to explain how great it has been watching them grow. One of my children has learning issues and his teachers have been so nurturing and caring with him. They definitely have his learning at the forefront of their minds at all time. The teachers have an incredible amount of patience and they also seem to engage the students in ways that I cannot. If you are school shopping, I highly recommend this school!

Posted November 04, 2013
Lansdowne has been my childrens school for 5 years and we love it! The teachers are great, they respond to emails, phone calls, concerns, etc. The administration team is phenominal! We have had issues with my daughter's attention/focus and met with the right people at the school and got things taken care of. Teachers know most students even if they have never taught them. PTO is really active and involved. Supplies that are needed in the classrooms are provided. I LOVE the diversity of this school and how much it teaches my children about tolerance. I can't say enough about the school. The IB program is a great way to start their education.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is my son's first year at Lansdowne. It's his home school for which I am so grateful. His teacher is understanding and super-sweet. I love their bucket-filler/bucket-dipper concept. They encourage the kids to be "bucket fillers" not "bucket dippers", and they award one kid in each class every month for excelling at that. Last month the theme was "respect"; this month is "commitment/enthusiasm". They have seasonal beautification days so everyone can help tidy up the garden. They have a map of the world in one of the hallways with pictures of the kids on whatever country their ancestors came from. They encourage diversity and acceptance and respect and every other wonderful quality I want to see in my child. They have an incredible PTO. I haven't met one person, whether they be an employee, a parent, or a child, who hasn't been bright and cheerful and friendly. I can't wait to send my next son there too!

Posted August 16, 2013
I have had my children at this school for 7 years and my children and I have continued to be very happy here. I am relocating to a different state and have just recently had to rely on the ratings of schools to help me locate an area to live in. It is different living in an area and knowing the dynamics of the school than looking at the ratings. I wanted to post for those that are in my situation. This school feeds into East Meck high school which I have had several parents go before me and reaffirm this too is a great school. Lansdowne has an amazing teaching staff and strong administration. They continually strive to maintain our IB status and grow. The PTO is so strong and a bunch of great people that give endless hours & effort to make the school a better place.

Lansdowne Elementary 1

Posted April 17, 2013
Pulling my son out of Lansdowne coz the new teacher can not even understand my child. It's the school I've known for years when my older children went to. Goodluck w/ your child, Parents.

Posted July 31, 2012
I think that Lansdowne has great teachers that take the time to understand my child. They really try to teach more than the basic curriculum. My son's tteacher challenged him and encouraged him to grow in every way possible. I am very happy to send my son to Lansdowne and I think the new principal, Brian Bambauer is great!

Posted January 11, 2012
My son has been at Lansdowne for 4 years now, and the only complaint I have is not with the school itself but the district administration. We have had 3 principles in 4 years. All of the principles have been very good, very qualified, and excellent administrators. However this instability of leadership can be disheartening for parents and students. The staff and teachers at Lansdowne are top notch. Looking forward to my 2 othe rsons going to school there as well.

Posted April 20, 2011
Lansdowne is not only a great school, caring for each child but a great place to work. The adminstration truly cares about each staff member and child. In these critital times in our district, Lansdowne's adminstration, teachers and parents, work hard to make sure each student reaches their potential.

Lansdowne Elementary
6400 Prett Court, Charlotte, NC  28270
Last modified Lansdowne Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lansdowne Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top