Posted May 27, 2014
This school is wonderful. My daughter attended in 2013 and at first she was terrified by the rumors. She was transferred to Mint Hill Middle and she couldn't adjust there so I put her back in McClintock. She loved it there after all. Don't let rumors scare you it is better to know for yourself. We are glad that we gave it a chance.

Posted May 21, 2014
Fantastic school, changes have this school in great shape. Overall much better. Faculty is outstanding.

McClintock Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
I already know i'm going to this school and all, but it's scaring me that some people are giving real bad reviews on this school! I'm going to be attending this school with some friends and i'm only hoping for the best. Some reviews on this website says things like it's a school where the teachers don't really give homework, or the parents aren't involved with the learning of the children. And one that scares me plenty is that the kids get in lots of trouble and there are a bunch of fights! Urg, what is the truth of this school? Guess I( have to attend to find out this year. (2 week and 5 days till school) AH! ( my rating is based off of other views and research ).

McClintock Middle School 1

Posted July 18, 2013
There is no money for books. My child did not receive a personal set of books to take up, so she wasn't able to study for tests. Also, the teachers do not assign homework. They occasionally send home a worksheet to be completed, but the kids never bring home graded assignments. The school doesn't involve the parents in their children's education. Also, the teachers and new principal have no compassion for bullied students. They allowed my child to be tormented all year and literally told her to "find away to cope". Overall, this school is a complete fail.

McClintock Middle School 4

Posted November 14, 2012
Don't be fooled by the facade and the OLD reputation. My son is a 7th grader and doing very well academically. His teachers are committed to challenging him intellectually while encouraging him to grow. They could go elsewhere, but they are very loyal to McClintock and want to see it grow. The robotics team is outstanding, and the partnership with Christ Lutheran has exposed all of the students to wonderful experiences. We have been impressed with our new principal, Mr. Williams, and are looking forward to even better things when we move into our new facility.

McClintock Middle School 0

- a principal
I've read the comments posted on this site, and I've engaged current and prospective parents in meaningful dialogue during my first 100 days as principal. I am committed to improving the quality of our instructional program and school spirit this year and for years to come. With a new school building opening in the 2012-2013 school year, and a renewed effort to reengage our students and community members, McClintock will become the premier middle school in Charlotte. I encourage the readers of these posts and parents considering McClintock as their home middle school option to come by for a tour before making judgements based on hearsay. Please come see what the Mighty Scots are all about.

Posted November 13, 2012
We have been very impressed with McClintock Middle School. My child is a 6th grader, and we have found that he has dedicated teachers who are truly concerned about his academic success. He has made several good friends and is excelling both academically and socially. Our new principal has been a wonderful addition, and we are excited about moving into our new building next year.

McClintock Middle School 4

Posted November 13, 2012
Although this is our first year at McClintockk Middle School, I have nothing but good things to say about the school, the staff, the teachers and the administration. My son has transitioned to middle school with ease, and a lot of that is due to the wonderful staff and teachers at McClintock! They have gone above and beyond to make 6th graders feel welcome and at ease. During the first parent/teacher conference, I met with the teachers and they were friendly, informative, listened intently to any concerns I had, and just generally made the conference a good experience. I highly recommend McClintock Middle School to anyone in the neighborhood! The principal, Mr. Williams, and the staff are doing everything it takes to turn the school around and engage the students.

Posted November 13, 2012
This school is awesome. It has the best robotics program in the state, the only real cross-country team in CMS for middle schoools, the teachers are engaging and accessible, and the principal is passionate. My son is a 6th grader who has always made straight As and scored in the 98th/99th percentile on EOGs. He continues to be challenged academically and has made a lot of friends at McClintock. We couldn't ask for a better experience for our son, and our daughter will be attending there next year. Go Scots!

Posted November 13, 2012
So many great things are happening at McClintock, and we are so excited to be a part of it. Our son is a 6th grader who is participating on the cross country team and the robotics team. My wife and I have found the teachers to be very good and very aware when students need to be challenged more. The new principal has energized the school with a lot of enthusiasm, and students are respectfull. And with the new school opening next year, McClintock is becoming a game changer.

Contact Information

2101 Rama Rd
Charlotte, NC 28212

School website

McClintock Middle School
2101 Rama Rd, Charlotte, NC  28212
Last modified McClintock Middle School is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McClintock Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.