School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I've read the comments posted on this site, and I've engaged current and prospective parents in meaningful dialogue during my first 100 days as principal. I am committed to improving the quality of our instructional program and school spirit this year and for years to come. With a new school building opening in the 2012-2013 school year, and a renewed effort to reengage our students and community members, McClintock will become the premier middle school in Charlotte. I encourage the readers of these posts and parents considering McClintock as their home middle school option to come by for a tour before making judgements based on hearsay. Please come see what the Mighty Scots are all about.
November 13, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted February 17, 2016
My daughter is involved in so many activities at this school I can hardley keep up. There is always going to be a need for improvement at any school and the principal and the administration at this school is working very hard at doing this. I have had a very positive experience!!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 17, 2016
Mr. Williams is involved with everything that goes on with the school and with all the children and all his effort shows!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 17, 2016
I love the teachers at this school, my child can easily communicate with all her teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 17, 2016
With all of the activities my daughter is involved in she does get a lot of homework, but they also give her plenty of time to complete it at school and at home.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted February 17, 2016
I belive this school strives to bring out the best in all their students. No matter what level the child is on they continue to push for greatness.

Posted December 01, 2015
McClintock is our neighborhood school and we decided to send our daughter there. She is now a 7th grader there and she loves it! We are thrilled with the teaching staff and she has made wonderful friends. We have nothing but positive feedback to provide! Very happy with our decision to stay local.

Posted May 27, 2014
This school is wonderful. My daughter attended in 2013 and at first she was terrified by the rumors. She was transferred to Mint Hill Middle and she couldn't adjust there so I put her back in McClintock. She loved it there after all. Don't let rumors scare you it is better to know for yourself. We are glad that we gave it a chance.

Posted May 21, 2014
Fantastic school, changes have this school in great shape. Overall much better. Faculty is outstanding.

McClintock Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
I already know i'm going to this school and all, but it's scaring me that some people are giving real bad reviews on this school! I'm going to be attending this school with some friends and i'm only hoping for the best. Some reviews on this website says things like it's a school where the teachers don't really give homework, or the parents aren't involved with the learning of the children. And one that scares me plenty is that the kids get in lots of trouble and there are a bunch of fights! Urg, what is the truth of this school? Guess I( have to attend to find out this year. (2 week and 5 days till school) AH! ( my rating is based off of other views and research ).

McClintock Middle School 1

Posted July 18, 2013
There is no money for books. My child did not receive a personal set of books to take up, so she wasn't able to study for tests. Also, the teachers do not assign homework. They occasionally send home a worksheet to be completed, but the kids never bring home graded assignments. The school doesn't involve the parents in their children's education. Also, the teachers and new principal have no compassion for bullied students. They allowed my child to be tormented all year and literally told her to "find away to cope". Overall, this school is a complete fail.

1925 Rama Rd, Charlotte, NC  28212
Last modified McClintock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.