Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If you are looking for a "family oriented" place...Metro isn't for your family. We have had run ins time and time again with the administration. The world isn't perfect, but it is round. In the administrators world it is flat. They are uncompromising. Our kids our special needs - this isn't a MILITARY SCHOOL. I agree with all the other comments below.

Lots of things wrong with my school. It is not the same as when I arrived. It is sad to see teachers leave by the dozens. Since the current principal arrived at Metro we have 9 teachers left since the switch. We have over 30 teachers. That was three years ago! Teachers are unhappy but afraid for their jobs. Students suffer the consequences. Administrators won't listen to the parents or even work with them. Its a sad state of affairs at Metro - people are vocalizing need for change but nothing done. A petition is floating around for change, the media came to do a story, Metro needs a change. I just saw the news story at WBTV or metrofixit.com.

I agree with the comments of other parents. Communication is poor and as a result, there is a distrust of teachers and school administrators. Safety is a major concern as well as the curriculum which is beyond the comprehension of most of the students. While education and treatment of special needs children have progressed elsewhere, it has taken several backward steps at this school.

I second the parents comments in September 2014. The principal and her staff are rude and will not answer direct questions. They refer you to the legal department. I have never seen this kind of rude behavior at a school in my life. It is sad that this principal casts a negative impact on our children. She bullies the parents...I can only imagine how the staff feel. It is sad because special needs students lives are impacted. Keep asking direct questions pertaining to your child to am administrator. They will refer you to Valerie Todd. Valerie will refer you to the legal department.

As a parent of a child enrolled at this school, it is very disturbing to me that we are never allowed inside the school during operating hours. I understand for security reasons that people should not be permitted in without reason, but as a parent, I feel I have a right to see how my child is being educated/cared for while she is there. This makes you feel like you are living under some ridiculous government regime where you have no rights. The whole situation makes me wonder what goes on that they don't want parents to see or know about. I have two other children who went all the way through NC public schools and never encountered this kind of treatment where the parents are totally disregarded and stopped at the door.

Great school - the special needs students need this school!!!! There are not many in the US like this and it should be celebrated as such!!! The students and staff are wonderful - it is great to see a place for our kids.

I love Metro because of the students!!

I am a teacher here. I love the students and staff. Rewarding the needs of the students,

'I love this school so much'! i love this school so much because the principal and its staff have a great repore this parents and really take care of the special needs kids who attend this school! i highly recommend this school for parents who have special need children and are looking for quality in getting the education that their child need for a productive life!

Last modified Metro School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.