Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I agree that the principal is the chief bully.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

No. IEPs are a joke and parents are bullied.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Poor. Should be replaced. and investigated. This is supposed to be a school for profoundly disabled children . It is disgraceful.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can you have integrity when the administration does not have any. I have personally caught them in lies which they indicate are CMS policies - they do not exist.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Environment created by principal is that the teacher knows more about my child than I do.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is no homework. Also no notes about what happens daily.

High staff turnover and poor training. Parents are treated as ignorant and their input ignored.. I have also been attacked at meetings and the principal used words such as "alleges" when describing my concerns or comments. The principal is a bully and purposely encourages disengagement of parents since she does not want parents at the school. Our children cannot communicate in many cases to tell us what really happens.

Worst experience of my life! I had several IEP meetings to get them to raise my child's goals, since he accomplished everything they listed, years ago. They didn't care what I had to say about it. They flat out refused stating my child hasn't proven to them he can do it. You just met my child, what happened to asking the parent to familiarize yourself with their child? This staff spent every meeting taking turns explaining the same things over and over. Not one of them were open to hearing what I, as the mother had to offer. You are NOT part of the IEP team at this school. I have NEVER been so disrespected and disregarded when it came to my child's needs. They knew my child for a few weeks and spoke as experts and treated me like I was a liar. My child can talk, eat, walk, socialize, etc, and was placed here due to his IEP stating separate school. Metro is not the same school he attended in Missouri. I wanted him placed into the neighborhood school ASAP. The bus picked him up at 5:15 AM, which I had to wake up at 4:30 to make sure he was ready. He didn't get home until 5:30PM. I begged them every meeting, even called every week, to please contact the neighborhood school, which they told me over and over the school was full and not accepting new students. Then they lied and said even if they wanted to I would have to wait until January for them to get to know him better and decide if an outside school is better. Long story short, I decided to homeschool, since they convinced me there was no other way in NC. When I showed them my homeschool license on and said I was pulling him out, suddenly they called me the next day stating they had great news, the neighborhood school now has an opening and he could start on Monday. Really?? These people are control freaks. They treat the parents like a nobody and basically act as if they own your child. They have absolutely zero compassion to your child's needs. My son started pooping on himself DAILY, which he hasn't done since he was 3!!!!!!!! He also started laying around on the floor in a fetal position at home - never did that before. My mother said get him out of there now because he's trying to tell me something. Since pulling him out all of those behavior were gone immediately. Would I recommend???? Only if you don't care about your child and would rather trust strangers to make every decision concerning them.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The students are not the bullies, the principal is a bully who hires teachers to bully. They are still working there, so I would say they do NOT effectively deal with bullies.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Treats them all the same. No matter how high or low functioned, they will all get the same lesson. Which doesn't meet the students where they are academically.

Last modified Metro School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.