Myers Park High 1

Posted August 22, 2014
African American Parents must stay on this school if you want your child to be successful, if you sleep...your child will be left behind. Please be visible!

Myers Park High 4

Posted May 04, 2014
I am currently a freshman at Myers Park. I actually like my school a lot. most of the problems in Myers Park are issues that will be found at all public schools. I am in the IB program, so I am not often with kids in "the wrong crowd". I have been super satisfied with my teachers so far also (with the exception of one not-so-great math teacher, but she actually left for another job!) my teachers are all amazing, and really care about our education. Class sizes definitely vary based on what class it is. My math class had 27 students, while my world history class has 49. one bad thing about the campis is sometimes the cleanliness...the bathrooms are down rught disgusting. overall though, i love my school and am happy to be enrolled here.

Posted October 07, 2013
I go to this school its actually really good. Me and my family are moving to Monroe road and I was just wondering if its close to Myers Park?

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is the best in the city...ask the college reps at the college fairs. Yes, it is competitive, but if you want your child challenged send them here.

Posted June 18, 2012
Your child's education begins at home. This is an excellent school. And gives an excellent opportunity for students to experience what College will be like. Take control of your education. Expecting staff or teachers to babysit your children while you remain uninvolved, and then complain about the staff and teachers? No wonder many of the parents on here have complaints-- get involved. They can't do it alone. By comparison to other schools this is a large school-- you should want your kids to be in a larger school-- the ratio of students to teachers is still excellent, there are just a lot more of them... that's the real world. I graduated from a high school with over 5,000 students and 1800 in my senior class-- MPHS is half that size. The student body if very diverse. From underpriveledged students to those that are from the most expensive neighborhoods in Charlotte. Welcome to the real world.

Myers Park High 3

Posted May 15, 2012
There are a lot of fights at this school, and my child was in the class the lady spoke of previously where the boy was pleasuring himself. The teacher was not aware of what was going on! How can this be? I don't fault the staff for the numerous fights, there are just so many kids and some are not from good homes. I've had two children attend Myers Park and I don't love it because of its size. Also, the lady on the left in the front office is rude and puts her personal calls above helping anyone at the front desk. Why is her rudeness permitted?

Myers Park High 2

Posted May 14, 2012
I am not sure what all the praise about Myers Park is about. The school is average, at best. The math teachers are poorly qualified. My child's teacher for Algebra I and Geometry was completely incompetent. My child tells me of fights at the school on a daily basis and not a week goes by that someone is not arrested at the school. The administration is not engaged. I asked for a meeting with the principal three times and was turned down each time. Middle management is good, but a fish rots from the head first. If I had is all to do over again I would not move to this school's attendance zone.

Myers Park High 1

Posted March 29, 2012
This school has a bad drug problem....I'm seriously thinking of not sending my second child to this school. I have been through a very rough 1 1/2 yrs...Drug education classes, counseling and finally a new school mid year. It all went down hill when she started at MP. We are now doing much better at a small private school, which I'm lucky we can afford. Now my child enjoys going to school. Before she use to cry. I was on the verge of taking her for major psycho therapy.

Myers Park High 3

Posted March 28, 2012
I graduated from Myers Park in 2011.....I think it's one of the best schools in Charlotte.. We had our share of problems just like every school but it's not a bad school.......if you associate with the right people you won't have any problems

Myers Park High 2

Posted March 27, 2012
No support for exceptional chidren here. Not sure why the lady with the desk in the left corner of front office always has an attitude.Staff can be inflexible , and patronizing at times. Be careful of them telling you what they can't do for your child and require them to show you in the policy. Push for your childs rights and best interests.Get an advocate or you will be run over .The squeaky wheel get the oil.

Myers Park High
2400 Colony Road, Charlotte, NC  28209
Last modified Myers Park High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myers Park High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.