Bad
Good

I am a student at myers park this school is bad and good some of the teacher are mean and rude. if you are late for at lease for have a sec the teacher will go crazy and Caplan why are you late even tho that you was only late for have of sec and that are getting the kids in to trubble for no reason and the school puts the office in the front of the school even the school is really big that could put the office in the middle of the school that make the the students late on purpose so that can get sent to lockout and if that give you a pass to class the teacher won't care and send you to lockout for no reason

African American Parents must stay on this school if you want your child to be successful, if you sleep...your child will be left behind. Please be visible!

I am currently a freshman at Myers Park. I actually like my school a lot. most of the problems in Myers Park are issues that will be found at all public schools. I am in the IB program, so I am not often with kids in "the wrong crowd". I have been super satisfied with my teachers so far also (with the exception of one not-so-great math teacher, but she actually left for another job!) my teachers are all amazing, and really care about our education. Class sizes definitely vary based on what class it is. My math class had 27 students, while my world history class has 49. one bad thing about the campis is sometimes the cleanliness...the bathrooms are down rught disgusting. overall though, i love my school and am happy to be enrolled here.

I go to this school its actually really good. Me and my family are moving to Monroe road and I was just wondering if its close to Myers Park?

This school is the best in the city...ask the college reps at the college fairs. Yes, it is competitive, but if you want your child challenged send them here.

Your child's education begins at home. This is an excellent school. And gives an excellent opportunity for students to experience what College will be like. Take control of your education. Expecting staff or teachers to babysit your children while you remain uninvolved, and then complain about the staff and teachers? No wonder many of the parents on here have complaints-- get involved. They can't do it alone. By comparison to other schools this is a large school-- you should want your kids to be in a larger school-- the ratio of students to teachers is still excellent, there are just a lot more of them... that's the real world. I graduated from a high school with over 5,000 students and 1800 in my senior class-- MPHS is half that size. The student body if very diverse. From underpriveledged students to those that are from the most expensive neighborhoods in Charlotte. Welcome to the real world.

There are a lot of fights at this school, and my child was in the class the lady spoke of previously where the boy was pleasuring himself. The teacher was not aware of what was going on! How can this be? I don't fault the staff for the numerous fights, there are just so many kids and some are not from good homes. I've had two children attend Myers Park and I don't love it because of its size. Also, the lady on the left in the front office is rude and puts her personal calls above helping anyone at the front desk. Why is her rudeness permitted?

I am not sure what all the praise about Myers Park is about. The school is average, at best. The math teachers are poorly qualified. My child's teacher for Algebra I and Geometry was completely incompetent. My child tells me of fights at the school on a daily basis and not a week goes by that someone is not arrested at the school. The administration is not engaged. I asked for a meeting with the principal three times and was turned down each time. Middle management is good, but a fish rots from the head first. If I had is all to do over again I would not move to this school's attendance zone.

This school has a bad drug problem....I'm seriously thinking of not sending my second child to this school. I have been through a very rough 1 1/2 yrs...Drug education classes, counseling and finally a new school mid year. It all went down hill when she started at MP. We are now doing much better at a small private school, which I'm lucky we can afford. Now my child enjoys going to school. Before she use to cry. I was on the verge of taking her for major psycho therapy.

I graduated from Myers Park in 2011.....I think it's one of the best schools in Charlotte.. We had our share of problems just like every school but it's not a bad school.......if you associate with the right people you won't have any problems

Last modified Myers Park High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.