Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We are new to MPTS this year and are just amazed at the quality of education, the teachers, the specials offered to the kids, and the administration. We could not have asked for a better school for our child and our family. There is truly a sense of community.

I taught at this school for 20 years. The staff is very "clicky" and unwelcoming to new staff. I never fit in so I was basically alone - which was safer. The younger teachers wouldn't have anything to do with the older teachers. The former principal ran off all the older teachers. I felt pressured to leave. My child also went to MPTE K-5. She hated it. She felt like if your family didn't have a lot of money, you didn't fit in. I agree and have heard this from other students. Her biggest memory of MPTE was when her 4th grade teacher leaned over to her during the state writing test and told her that SHE WOULD FAIL 4TH GRADE IF SHE DIDN'T DO BETTER THAN THAT. What a memory of something that should have been happy. Had I known at the time that this happened, I would have taken the matter to the superintendent. The parents.......some of the parents look down on other parents. A lot of elitism. ALL of the parents think their children do no wrong and blame the teacher for everything. Working here was a thankless job and made me feel like my whole career was a waste.

This school has literally changed my sons life. Prior to attending MPTS he was attending a highly rated n'hood school but didn't fit the picture perfect student so he was constantly struggling and hated going to school each day. At MPTS he looks forward to school each day and he has succeeded academically and is now in the TD program. Every single staff member I have met is caring, friendly, and truly wants to be there. The principal Mr. Price is down to earth, approachable, and is constantly present and visible. His leadership is absolutely outstanding and leadership starts at the top and at MPTS this is obvious. The PTO is very active and plans awesome spirit night events for the kids. I love that unlike our n'hood school, MPTS is not a bunch of stuck up, snobby, old rich parents who are only involved by writing a check. This school is 5++++.

Caring and wonderful teachers and a great principal and staff. Happy to be here! Our kids love it and they are so very happy!

Myers Park Elementary School. This is a school where the teachers and ffffadministrators truly care. I have watched my granddaughter blossom into an excellent reader and problem solver and I credit the caring guidance of her teachers for this.

Great community of teachers and students! The teachers and staff provide a wonderful learning environment and respond quickly to concerns or suggestions. MPTS has very qualified teachers that add a new way of learning which adds fun to the classroom

Myers park traditional school has high standards and people who Go there really care about their children's education. The teachers Work at a high standard as well. Sometimes I find certain individuals to be Either gossipy or pretentious. It would be nice if people in Charlotte in general learned To be real and genuine. I sometimes wonder if adults haven't learned how to behave and never left elementary school themselves. Overall the front office always has it together. They are always prompt and on top of things. The new principal is nice. If the school wants full participation from more individuals they should be weary of the few individuals that judge and scare away the truely genuine people that want to help out. Overall the school is happy and the children always seem nice.

This is a clean and organized school. The teachers that I have encountered seem friendly, nice, and genuinely interested in the students' education.

MPTS is a good school but will warn it depends on your teacher. We were very pleased with Kindergarten but have had a completely different experience with first grade. The teacher is condescending to students and makes inappropriate comments both of which I heard myself as well as things that were conveyed by my child---comments not only to him but others as well. There is a new principal this year so not sure of that impact yet however, he failed to follow up with me as promised and even after my reminding and reaching out afterwards to follow up. We left and no love lost.

MPTS is a wonderful school and I have been pleased. The teachers are well trained and prepared. The students are well mannered and come to school with a winning attitude. My childeren started Kindergarten and are finishing this year with 5th grade. The foundation of MPTS program focuses on traditional learning reading, writing and math and builds other ciritcal components. My children are in Recreational Chess and Competitive Chess as a result had developed critical thinking skills. MPTS has a great support system, the parents , teacher , Principal and PTA make the school make MPTS a success. MPTS is an outstanding school and I would change anything about it.

Last modified Myers Park Trad Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.