Posted August 23, 2013
Myers Park Elementary School. This is a school where the teachers and ffffadministrators truly care. I have watched my granddaughter blossom into an excellent reader and problem solver and I credit the caring guidance of her teachers for this.

Posted August 23, 2013
Great community of teachers and students! The teachers and staff provide a wonderful learning environment and respond quickly to concerns or suggestions. MPTS has very qualified teachers that add a new way of learning which adds fun to the classroom

Posted August 22, 2013
Myers park traditional school has high standards and people who Go there really care about their children's education. The teachers Work at a high standard as well. Sometimes I find certain individuals to be Either gossipy or pretentious. It would be nice if people in Charlotte in general learned To be real and genuine. I sometimes wonder if adults haven't learned how to behave and never left elementary school themselves. Overall the front office always has it together. They are always prompt and on top of things. The new principal is nice. If the school wants full participation from more individuals they should be weary of the few individuals that judge and scare away the truely genuine people that want to help out. Overall the school is happy and the children always seem nice.

Myers Park Trad Elementary 4

Posted March 31, 2013
This is a clean and organized school. The teachers that I have encountered seem friendly, nice, and genuinely interested in the students' education.

Myers Park Trad Elementary 3

Posted December 03, 2012
MPTS is a good school but will warn it depends on your teacher. We were very pleased with Kindergarten but have had a completely different experience with first grade. The teacher is condescending to students and makes inappropriate comments both of which I heard myself as well as things that were conveyed by my child---comments not only to him but others as well. There is a new principal this year so not sure of that impact yet however, he failed to follow up with me as promised and even after my reminding and reaching out afterwards to follow up. We left and no love lost.

Posted November 01, 2011
MPTS is a wonderful school and I have been pleased. The teachers are well trained and prepared. The students are well mannered and come to school with a winning attitude. My childeren started Kindergarten and are finishing this year with 5th grade. The foundation of MPTS program focuses on traditional learning reading, writing and math and builds other ciritcal components. My children are in Recreational Chess and Competitive Chess as a result had developed critical thinking skills. MPTS has a great support system, the parents , teacher , Principal and PTA make the school make MPTS a success. MPTS is an outstanding school and I would change anything about it.

Posted September 22, 2011
My son started Kindergarten at Steele Creek Elementary (which i thought was good at the time) and then moved to MPTS. He was picked from the waiting list a few weeks before first grade started. I would have never known how far behind my son was if we never would have switched to MPTS. His first grade teacher Mrs. Gerald and his literacy teacher Ms. Kinsela were PHENOMENAL in making sure he caught up to the level that other "native" MPTS students were performing on. He even attended a 3 week reading camp parterned with Queens College (FREE) over the summer to ensure that he would be ready for second grade. Second grade has started and he doesn't miss a beat! And just to think just 2 short years ago I was mistaking mediocracy for being "on target". THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MPTS!!!! ( and the magnet program) CMS you must keep the magnet program!

Posted August 21, 2011
MPTS has the advantages of a competitive private school without the pervasive elitism found in so many of them.

Posted February 27, 2011
We sent our son to MPTS and we were very happy! The staff is wonderful the administration was very supportive and positive. We have moved since and truly miss the atmosphere of the school. Very good choice.

Posted October 02, 2010
Mpts is a great school with more diversity and opportunities than surrounding schools. Prepared my daughter very well for middle school.

Myers Park Trad Elementary
2132 Radcliffe Avenue, Charlotte, NC  28207
Last modified Myers Park Trad Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myers Park Trad Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.