Posted August 01, 2014
My student attended this school during the last school year and was in the 6th grade. It has been the worst year of her school career. Whereas my child is not perfect but is overall a very decent child. The students were extremely unruly, communication from teachers to parent were horrendous. My student went from a/b honor roll to an average student during second semester. Teacher morale seems low overall. Just a toxic environment.

Posted June 12, 2014
We have "hung in there" with this school for 4 years (2 kids going through). The oldest is now out and did okay, despite some of the problems with discipline and low test scores. She is the quiet type and had a small circle of friends. She was involved with orchestra, theater and was in advanced classes with good teachers for the most part. My youngest though has had problems all year long with bullying and academics. I went to the school when there were threats of violence and some of the attacks became physical. The administrative staff wants to get things under control, but weren't able to. I'm I also constantly worried that the standard for learning is too low at the school. The teachers were not in control in nearly all of her classes. Everything just got worse as the year went on. I hear dozens of teachers will not be returning next year. Really, really disappointed with the school. It seems like it is time for the state to step in to turn the school around.

Northeast Middle 4

Posted March 14, 2014
Northeast is a great school. The majority of our students are well-behaved and eager to learn. We are implementing strategic plans to improve on our test scores. With the tight structure, organization and focus on student achievement, we a sure to see great improvements each school year.

Posted December 01, 2013
Lack of teacher support. Very low test scores across the board. The administration plays the blame game and intimidates good teachers through spies and other methods. This drives good teachers away.

Northeast Middle 5

Posted March 28, 2013
The teachers and staff are wonderful at this school! It amazes me how so many 'grade' a school by diversity. Yes, this school is diverse....Isn't the world!? The majority of staff is very professional and really listens to my childs needs. My child is exceeding in all subjects. I am pleased that my child goes to a school that is 'real life'. Many parents ask me where the best schools are in the area of Charlotte! This is one of them! If I wanted my child to go to one of the 'exceptional' schools with less diversity (which seems to be what most are afraid of) then my child would just be a number instead of an individual!

Posted April 09, 2009

Northeast Middle 3

Posted February 19, 2009
I've had 2 children at Northeast and their experience has been mixed. Discipline seems to be ok, (except on buses sometimes), but the school's emphasis is definitely not on their high-achieving students. Some of the teachers are wonderful and others are terrible. There is a lack of respect for students by many of the teachers.

Northeast Middle 5

Posted December 23, 2008

Northeast Middle 0

Posted December 18, 2008
I love Northeast Middle School all except the new Principal. I am not fond of him at all.

Northeast Middle 0

Posted November 10, 2008
this school is great and there no gangs in this school

Northeast Middle
5960 Brickstone Drive, Charlotte, NC  28227
Last modified Northeast Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top