Charlotte, NC

Posted April 23, 2015
My 1 star is well deserved. My daughter has been held back once, and continually fails her way thru each grade. She has not been put in tutoring, although I have rqstd it, and support from the school to get her the extra help she needs is non-existent. She is slipping thru the cracks. She has been continually bullied, she's a small child for her age. Some of the things the staff say to these students is degrading and undignified, I cannot believe these people are allowed to work with children. I'm forced to find outside help for my daughters academic issues, that I can't always afford, because of the lack of support and assistance from the school. I have rqstd to have her homework assignments emailed to me directly several times...nothing. I feel like somehow I'm failing my daughter, because her educators are. I believe the students that excel in this school, do it, in spite of the chaos and unruliness in the classes, not because they don't exist. I'm am desperately trying to find my daughter help, while looking to have her transferred out of this school. I DO NOT recommend this to in any way.

Posted January 25, 2015
Northeast is a good school with an active PTA, welcoming office staff and caring teachers. Rigorous professional development for teachers has helped increase student test scores for the 2013-14 school year. Student achievement is recognized by honor programs where parents are encouraged to attend. Students are also encouraged by weekly "Praise Referrals". Middle school can be a tough period for some/most students but the students are taught to think of the consequences of their actions.

Northeast Middle 5

Posted January 21, 2015
I love the teacher interaction and have seen GREAT improvement over the past 3 school years

Posted November 14, 2014
My daughter moved to Charlotte, NC two years ago from Madison, WI. Wisconsin schools have a much higher bar for academic learning and that is the ONLY reason for not giving Northeast Middle 5 stars. My daughter first went to Mint Hill Middle which has a higher grading level than Northeast. It was a newer building and seemed very nice. Then we moved and needed to go to Northeast Middle. Although I was not thrilled because of the grading level being diminished to a 5 out of 10, I had no choice. Once my daughter started going there in the middle of last year (6th grade), both her and I have been VERY happy with the school. The teachers are great and the whole education portion feels a lot more like a middle school should. Although it has a lower grading standard, it ranks much higher in my book over Mint Hill Middle. I would recommend Northeast Middle to any parent/student. We love it!

Posted August 01, 2014
My student attended this school during the last school year and was in the 6th grade. It has been the worst year of her school career. Whereas my child is not perfect but is overall a very decent child. The students were extremely unruly, communication from teachers to parent were horrendous. My student went from a/b honor roll to an average student during second semester. Teacher morale seems low overall. Just a toxic environment.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 12, 2014
We have "hung in there" with this school for 4 years (2 kids going through). The oldest is now out and did okay, despite some of the problems with discipline and low test scores. She is the quiet type and had a small circle of friends. She was involved with orchestra, theater and was in advanced classes with good teachers for the most part. My youngest though has had problems all year long with bullying and academics. I went to the school when there were threats of violence and some of the attacks became physical. The administrative staff wants to get things under control, but weren't able to. I'm I also constantly worried that the standard for learning is too low at the school. The teachers were not in control in nearly all of her classes. Everything just got worse as the year went on. I hear dozens of teachers will not be returning next year. Really, really disappointed with the school. It seems like it is time for the state to step in to turn the school around.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 14, 2014
Northeast is a great school. The majority of our students are well-behaved and eager to learn. We are implementing strategic plans to improve on our test scores. With the tight structure, organization and focus on student achievement, we a sure to see great improvements each school year.

Posted December 01, 2013
Lack of teacher support. Very low test scores across the board. The administration plays the blame game and intimidates good teachers through spies and other methods. This drives good teachers away.
3 people found this helpful

Northeast Middle 5

Posted March 28, 2013
The teachers and staff are wonderful at this school! It amazes me how so many 'grade' a school by diversity. Yes, this school is diverse....Isn't the world!? The majority of staff is very professional and really listens to my childs needs. My child is exceeding in all subjects. I am pleased that my child goes to a school that is 'real life'. Many parents ask me where the best schools are in the area of Charlotte! This is one of them! If I wanted my child to go to one of the 'exceptional' schools with less diversity (which seems to be what most are afraid of) then my child would just be a number instead of an individual!

Northeast Middle 3

Posted February 19, 2009
I've had 2 children at Northeast and their experience has been mixed. Discipline seems to be ok, (except on buses sometimes), but the school's emphasis is definitely not on their high-achieving students. Some of the teachers are wonderful and others are terrible. There is a lack of respect for students by many of the teachers.

Northeast Middle
5960 Brickstone Drive, Charlotte, NC  28227
Last modified Northeast Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top