Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The support at this school is incredible! Teachers plan, work and conference as a team. They care about the whole child - Education + Character. They use many on-line resources to present, evaluate, and track your childs progress in each and every skill in which parents have access. There are many other opportunities for us as parents to learn about, follow and assist with our child's success beginning with PTSA / Curriculum Nights, Conferences, Principal Coffees, and other extra curricular activities. Teachers and staff are professional, informative, and inviting. They are eager for you to be part of your child's educational team. Open, honest, and respectful dialogue is incouraged. Thoughts and opinions are respected and considered.

I have been a student all three years. I have enjoyed my friends and teachers. The teachers are always helpful and encouraging. Yea there are some fights but that's at every school you go too. But anybody can excel at this school as long as they focus the staff is always there to help and are always proud to see you excel in whatever you do. Don't let the bad reviews effect how you feel. Let you child try they're first year and see if it's a good experience

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers can instill the information in your head through home work work sheets and videos

Amount of homework: no rating

It depends on your teacher. Like mrs vaulx mrs stelfox and mr Wylie gave home work pretty much every week

Develops character: Agree

This school wants to be the best it's can be they teachers try to help every student in every way they can

My 1 star is well deserved. My daughter has been held back once, and continually fails her way thru each grade. She has not been put in tutoring, although I have rqstd it, and support from the school to get her the extra help she needs is non-existent. She is slipping thru the cracks. She has been continually bullied, she's a small child for her age. Some of the things the staff say to these students is degrading and undignified, I cannot believe these people are allowed to work with children. I'm forced to find outside help for my daughters academic issues, that I can't always afford, because of the lack of support and assistance from the school. I have rqstd to have her homework assignments emailed to me directly several times...nothing. I feel like somehow I'm failing my daughter, because her educators are. I believe the students that excel in this school, do it, in spite of the chaos and unruliness in the classes, not because they don't exist. I'm am desperately trying to find my daughter help, while looking to have her transferred out of this school. I DO NOT recommend this to in any way.

Northeast is a good school with an active PTA, welcoming office staff and caring teachers. Rigorous professional development for teachers has helped increase student test scores for the 2013-14 school year. Student achievement is recognized by honor programs where parents are encouraged to attend. Students are also encouraged by weekly "Praise Referrals". Middle school can be a tough period for some/most students but the students are taught to think of the consequences of their actions.

I love the teacher interaction and have seen GREAT improvement over the past 3 school years

My daughter moved to Charlotte, NC two years ago from Madison, WI. Wisconsin schools have a much higher bar for academic learning and that is the ONLY reason for not giving Northeast Middle 5 stars. My daughter first went to Mint Hill Middle which has a higher grading level than Northeast. It was a newer building and seemed very nice. Then we moved and needed to go to Northeast Middle. Although I was not thrilled because of the grading level being diminished to a 5 out of 10, I had no choice. Once my daughter started going there in the middle of last year (6th grade), both her and I have been VERY happy with the school. The teachers are great and the whole education portion feels a lot more like a middle school should. Although it has a lower grading standard, it ranks much higher in my book over Mint Hill Middle. I would recommend Northeast Middle to any parent/student. We love it!

My student attended this school during the last school year and was in the 6th grade. It has been the worst year of her school career. Whereas my child is not perfect but is overall a very decent child. The students were extremely unruly, communication from teachers to parent were horrendous. My student went from a/b honor roll to an average student during second semester. Teacher morale seems low overall. Just a toxic environment.

Last modified Northeast Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.