Posted August 16, 2014
I've been a student at NWSA since 6th grade and will be graduating with the class of 2015 from NWSA. My overall experience at this school has been a journey. The staff is so hilarious/diverse and welcoming of each and every student. This is the school any child/teen should go to if they want to perfect their art. Somehow and someway the academic staff can always find a way to incorporate a students art into academics. We all get a huge amount of opportunities to become professionals at what we love to do. If you send you kid to this marvelous school, you will not regret it. Northwest is simply the BEST!

Northwest School Of The Arts 4

Posted July 19, 2014
This is a very diverse and cultured place! Many different kinds of people and personalities. Core classes are good, but could be improved. Arts classes are EXCELLENT! Band is my major and we are still growing, but each individual has phenominal musical abilities! Theater programs have had some tallented actors/actresses! NWSA won 9 out of the 12 blumey awards in 2014 (BEST MUSICAl, Best actor, best actress, Best supporting actor, Best supporting actress, Best featured preformer, Best overall direction, Best ensemble/chorus, Best choreography execution.) Ms.Saigon in london this year is staring a NWSA 2014 graduate. Many other major accomplishments have been made by NWSA students! Overall great school!

Posted February 21, 2014
This is in rebuttle to the post below. This is clearly false information and is slanderous to the school. If this person truly knew anything about NWSA, they would know that the middle school has a very strong theater department. All someone has to do, is pick up a monthly school calender or view the calender online. NWSA also provides opportunities outside of the school to help students in middle and high school further their theater career. The school has a rigorous and challenging academic program which may be what this person is chaffing at. There is a great blend of academics and art which is a rare find in today's public schools. And the teachers that I have come in contact with are passionate about their students.

Northwest School Of The Arts 1

Posted February 06, 2014
I hate this school Ive been going there all through middle school (three years) and now I cringe at the thought of going there... I hate even thinking about this school. In middle school there is rarely any shows or performances that are filled with middle school students. It seems that they only focus on high school students. Middle school just seems to stay in the background. I will admit this school was fun but just for a little while, after the first year, the school seemed to gradually become more and more annoying. I'm in eighth grade so I can not WAIT to get out of here FOREVER!! I have to go there tomorrow anyone please SAVE ME!!!!

Northwest School Of The Arts 4

Posted February 05, 2014
I am interested in transferring my child to this school from NYC. So far it seems to be a pretty good school. Good reviews!

Posted September 26, 2013
I have a 7th and a 8th grader in NWSA. It is a great School. I would recommend this school to any parents that want to see their child/children succeed in Art.

Posted September 11, 2012
I also have a sixth grader at this school and so far I have been nothing but impressed. The audition process was very easy and smooth. The open house we attended over the summer was very informative and I was very impressed with the sixth grade team. The communication has been fantastic and I feel like they are really helping my daughter get a great start to middle school. My daughter really enjoys her classes and the teachers are willing to go the extra mile to make sure she succeeds. I have no doubt that she will succeed academically and artistically. Yes the commute is long on the bus but I have had no problem dropping her off in the morning.

Northwest School Of The Arts 2

Posted September 07, 2012
I have 6th grader in this school and I find the school quite disappointing! we heard so many good things about the school but I find this school opposite of what we heard. I think most of the problem is the district running out of money to fund a lot of the programs. And many teachers have left due to same reasons. The school is very disorganized and the communication needs desperate improvement. Also there is lack in strong leadership. We just have not been impressed at all with the school. Long commute also make things very difficult.

Posted May 03, 2012
I love reading all the good feed backs on how great the school is. I'm currently moving from up north to the south this summer. Looking for a great school for my 13 yr old. She loves to dance and this is what we are looking for. Something to keep her on the right path for her education. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Posted February 29, 2012
I havent started high school yet but when i do go to NWSA i hope i'll have a great time there! im gonna be in drama and im really looking forward to it! NWSA HERE I COME! :D

Northwest School Of The Arts
1415 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, NC  28216
Last modified Northwest School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest School Of The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.