Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Olde Providence Elementary
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Ms. DePasquale is awesome! The perfect blend of fun and discipline, she is loved and respected by her class. My daughter has thrived this year, and I am so thankful for Ms. DePasquale!

Posted May 23, 2016
Great community full of caring, supportive teachers and staff -- all are concerned about each child's learning, and they want the kids to be good citizens. We have been thrilled so far. We have a daughter in first grade so have been involved with the school for two years.

Posted April 20, 2014
OP is the place to be! Our family loves the school staff. We are so happy that all the teachers are involved and have a positive approach to learning. Thankfully, we moved to the right area of town to go here!

Posted April 18, 2014
Olde Providence Elementary is a wonderful neighborhood type school with professional, caring teachers and administrators. The multiple color behavior chart with the opportunity to improve the child's behavioral rating during the day is a great idea.

Posted April 02, 2014
We just love our new school. Olde Providence Elementary School is everything and more a parent could ask for. It has caring teachers, wonderful leadership by the administration staff and hands on PTA with parents who care. You do not realize how different the CMS school are individually. We are so happy to find the right neighborhood school for our family. It is nice to know that teachers and parents are on the same side and for the student. It is wonderful knowing you are at the right school.

Posted November 15, 2013
My son is in his 3rd year at OP, having started in Kindergarten. The dedication of all staff I have encountered is front & foremost. The parent volunteerism rate is high also which is fantanstic ! All teachers and members of administration I have encountered have demonstrated no more than complete diligence in seeking a safe & stimulating learning environment for each and every student. I am so grateful that my child's journey into public school education began here. A special side note about the PE teacher- she is a true gem of the community, dedicating countless hours to ensure the kids get the most out of school. She knows literally HUNDREDS of students by name & cares deeply about the culture & moral st OP !! I recvommend this school hands down

Olde Providence Elementary 4

Posted August 26, 2012
I am baffled by the negative reviews most recently posted. OP is a very warm and inviting school where my children are happy to walk in the doors every day. The classroom teachers are dedicated and caring and many are quite innovative. They work hard to make sure every child is learning, from the ones who need remediation to the high flyers. The principal seems both dedicated to improving the school by doing the best she can for the children and supporting the teachers. One area which could be improved is communication from teachers. It is inconsistent! While some do beautifully, some don't. Update your websites more frequently, send email newsletters and provide more feedback on report cards. A conference in October shouldn't be the sole verbal/written feedback a parent gets on their child's academic/social/emotional development. Otherwise, OP gets an "A" from this family.

Olde Providence Elementary 1

Posted February 06, 2011
We too had to withdraw our child form this school due to the poor learning conditions that we experienced. The administration is dishonest, horrible and quite unwilling to work with you. Who knew when we bought into this district that it would be the worst mistake we ever made. STEER CLEAR OF OP! NOT the place to be!

Olde Providence Elementary 4

Posted August 21, 2010
My twins have been at this school since kindergarten and are now entering their final year. I think this is a very good school for advanced learners. My kids have been challenged in the advanced math and writing classes, and as a part of the talent development program. The physical education teacher is amazing and makes sure that the kids have a healthy balance of education and physical exercise while still having fun. She is amazingly dedicated to these kids. There is also a very healthy diversity of race, religion and culture to be found at this school. The parents are very heavily involved which I think is key to making this a top notch school. As a single mom I am very greatful to all of the moms who are able to dedicate so much time to the school and kids.

Posted September 17, 2009
I have one in OP and one who is now in 6th grade after finishing at OP...I have nothing but good things to say about the school...I love the special attention that is given to the younger kids and the activities for the older ones. I think the teachers are doing a great job and look forward to the final years I have at OP..

Olde Providence Elementary
3800 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC  28226
Last modified Olde Providence Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.