Posted August 01, 2014
I am currently a high school freshman. I love Piedmont. I have made so many memories. I remembered the sixth grade classes. I was a student who was just proud to be in middle school, but I left Piedmont being a top achiever and hard worker along with many of my friends. I left Piedmont appreciating. I remembered the vocab challenges and Pigman Mock Trial in seventh grade, and boy, the conversations never stop even when we get to eighth grade! Those things are a big deal. They are like real life challenges that you experience while you're young. It's a great school with great academics. There are multiple levels, such as standard plus and honors. There is virtual school for those who needs additional help or for those who are so advanced that their schedule is packed. Piedmont leaves you with the option to start World Language at a 10th Grade level, or even Math at an 11th Grade level! There are many competitions and extracurricular activities in all fields.

Posted January 08, 2014
As a current senior in high school, I can say that the three years that I spent at Piedmont were priceless. Middle school is a time of change and self discovery. It is where you transition from a child into a young adult. I can say with full confidence that I would not be who I am today without this school. It is where in a seventh grade English class I discovered my passion for marketing, which I will be pursuing at college in the fall. It is where I not only made friends, but found a new family. It is where I was able to express myself as a lead in the musical production of Bye Bye Birdie. It is where I became the person that I am today. Four years removed and about to start an entirely new chapter of my life, its influence is all around me. I still get together with my best friends from Piedmont despite the fact that we go to four different high schools. I still sit in my IB Diploma Program World Literature class and think "that's a Milligan word". It is a part of me that I would never trade or change in any way. The experience of attending Piedmont Open Middle School is one that I feel unbelievably fortunate to have had.

Piedmont Open Middle School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
Be careful for one of the 7th grade math teacher there. She is uneffective and the majority of her students are failing her class. My child tells me storys on how the children in the chidren do not understand and she says "what is there to understand" when they asks questions. I've been to the principle and her boss with no resolution.

Posted December 09, 2013
As a Piedmont IB Middle School graduate, I can say that these three years I spent in there have been the best years I've had. Now, a Myers Park ninth grader I look back on how my middle school won all those awards, and accomplished each goal they put out. Piedmont excels in academics as well in sports. They have a great football program a great basketball program, and a great soccer program. But must of all, they have a great set of teachers and a great staff and faculty. Piedmont teachers care. They will get you on the right path to success.

Posted September 12, 2013
Piedmont truly is the most amazing school ever. I am an 8th grader currently and I'm in love with it. There is literally nothing wrong with Piedmont. The teachers are phenomena, lt takes learning to a whole new level. I am not the only one who thinks. We have one a ton of blue ribbon national awards recognizing Piedmont as a school of the NATION. If your child wants to get in my word of advice is that you can't slide by at Piedmont. We only take the best and we make the best. Piedmont is the best thing that has ever happened to me. They made this the best time of my life, I will never forget Piedmont

Posted August 18, 2013
This is a very rigorous school, which is what you want. I have had 4 kids attend this middle school and all of them came out of this school very well prepared for any high school in the state. Some parents who do not want there kids to have a very rigorous middle school program or who's child is not ready for this level of rigor sometimes have a hard time when their child is being challenged and their academic abilities are being stretched. I say stick with it, that's what school is all about , challenging a child and encouraging academic growth.

Posted August 13, 2013
Piedmont IB Middle is an amazing school. The IB program challenges students to think outside the box and to explore more. Academics is a big focus at Piedmont. The teachers are amazing and do their best to teach students in the most fun way. Piedmont exposes you to new things, good and bad. Piedmont also has an amazing Science Olympiad. Overall, I would recommend Piedmont to any middle schooler because it is the middle school to be at.

Piedmont Open Middle School 4

Posted October 31, 2012
I am a former student of Piedmont after changing school it is probably the best PUBLIC School you could got to especially for 7th grade however the learning is severely messed up by the population of students who cause trouble and misbehave.

Posted December 21, 2011
I am currently an 8th grader at piedmont and i have to say it is the best school ever. The teachers (shout out to Mr.Milligan, Mr.Reddig, Mr.Booth, and Mr. Parkins) are amazing and do there best to not only prepare you for life but offer you emotional and academic support in any class no matte what subject they teach. The administrators do a good job, and Ms.Delany (the counselor) is the best lady you could ever meet. She is very understanding and never judgemental. She is the most trustworthy person you could ever meet. Entering Piedmont I had many friends whom i had known since the 3rd grade and now i have many many more!! The diversity among the students has offered me many personal experiences in other cultures and not just the regular old page paper some schools might assign. I love Piedmont and i wish I would never have to leave!!! I have met my best friends here and conquered so many challenges here!! -Tierra F. (A Student)

Posted December 14, 2011
im not a student yet but im planning to be ! my bff goes there so im exited!

Piedmont Open Middle School
1241 East 10th Street, Charlotte, NC  28204
Last modified Piedmont Open Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piedmont Open Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.