Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Piedmont Open Middle School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 12, 2015
Thank you to Ms. Case for helping me through helping me through really tough times.

Posted November 12, 2015
Piedmont is, in my opinion, the best school in CMS. Teachers push students to strive for excellence. As a current 8th I can say that all memories of Piedmont have been positive for all 3 years.

Posted June 25, 2015
The best school in the country in my opinion. Piedmont creates magic for your children-a love of learning, a respect for the process, discipline to show them they can do anything they set their minds to. Great, great school.

Posted January 04, 2015
I am a current 8th grader at this school and it is an OUTSTANDING school. Great learning environment great teachers and students. I highly recommend this school to parents and students. We learn a lot during our 8 hr school day. The academics also lead to sports. Our coaches stay on top of your school work as much as you do! Please enroll your child in this school!

Posted August 01, 2014
I am currently a high school freshman. I love Piedmont. I have made so many memories. I remembered the sixth grade classes. I was a student who was just proud to be in middle school, but I left Piedmont being a top achiever and hard worker along with many of my friends. I left Piedmont appreciating. I remembered the vocab challenges and Pigman Mock Trial in seventh grade, and boy, the conversations never stop even when we get to eighth grade! Those things are a big deal. They are like real life challenges that you experience while you're young. It's a great school with great academics. There are multiple levels, such as standard plus and honors. There is virtual school for those who needs additional help or for those who are so advanced that their schedule is packed. Piedmont leaves you with the option to start World Language at a 10th Grade level, or even Math at an 11th Grade level! There are many competitions and extracurricular activities in all fields.

Posted January 08, 2014
As a current senior in high school, I can say that the three years that I spent at Piedmont were priceless. Middle school is a time of change and self discovery. It is where you transition from a child into a young adult. I can say with full confidence that I would not be who I am today without this school. It is where in a seventh grade English class I discovered my passion for marketing, which I will be pursuing at college in the fall. It is where I not only made friends, but found a new family. It is where I was able to express myself as a lead in the musical production of Bye Bye Birdie. It is where I became the person that I am today. Four years removed and about to start an entirely new chapter of my life, its influence is all around me. I still get together with my best friends from Piedmont despite the fact that we go to four different high schools. I still sit in my IB Diploma Program World Literature class and think "that's a Milligan word". It is a part of me that I would never trade or change in any way. The experience of attending Piedmont Open Middle School is one that I feel unbelievably fortunate to have had.

Piedmont Open Middle School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
Be careful for one of the 7th grade math teacher there. She is uneffective and the majority of her students are failing her class. My child tells me storys on how the children in the chidren do not understand and she says "what is there to understand" when they asks questions. I've been to the principle and her boss with no resolution.

Piedmont Open Middle School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
Hello I go to Piedmont IB Middle School and I am switching to Jay .M. Robinson Middle School after the !st Semester. Why ? Because kids are disrespectful to teachers and talk a lot and we never get work done. My class is the worst class in the 7th grade and they are just so disrespectful that they do not care about what the teachers say and do what ever they want and i think they will never grow up. Im just teling the truth to be honest with you

Posted December 09, 2013
As a Piedmont IB Middle School graduate, I can say that these three years I spent in there have been the best years I've had. Now, a Myers Park ninth grader I look back on how my middle school won all those awards, and accomplished each goal they put out. Piedmont excels in academics as well in sports. They have a great football program a great basketball program, and a great soccer program. But must of all, they have a great set of teachers and a great staff and faculty. Piedmont teachers care. They will get you on the right path to success.

Posted September 12, 2013
Piedmont truly is the most amazing school ever. I am an 8th grader currently and I'm in love with it. There is literally nothing wrong with Piedmont. The teachers are phenomena, lt takes learning to a whole new level. I am not the only one who thinks. We have one a ton of blue ribbon national awards recognizing Piedmont as a school of the NATION. If your child wants to get in my word of advice is that you can't slide by at Piedmont. We only take the best and we make the best. Piedmont is the best thing that has ever happened to me. They made this the best time of my life, I will never forget Piedmont

Piedmont Open Middle School
1241 East 10th Street, Charlotte, NC  28204
Last modified Piedmont Open Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.