Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

As an educator that has worked in various places, Quail Hollow has such a hard-working, talented staff dedicated to continually pushing students of all levels to achieve high academic success. Quail Hollow Middle works to prepare students to understand their own learning styles to become increasingly independent learners and citizens.

There were many issues. I thought that enrolling my student into the school would provide her with a diverse, enriched and rigorous academic year. It was instead bullying, unacceptable responsive times after complaining with the staff. I think it was just too much to ask of a school with such a poor performing history. I thought with the neighborhood around it surely it couldn't be that bad of a choice. Clearly I was wrong and my child suffered. I had to do lots of supplemental learning outside of school time. It's very strange. My daughter had some great teachers and some bad ones. I think the school as a whole has to do some re-evaluating of the management. There is no way a school with this many resources should have or tolerate a low level of performance. This will be difficult to recover from.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

As I have stated before there were great teachers and there were some poor teachers.

Develops character: Disagree

My student would come home to tell me of her situations happening in class. The teachers would tell me they had no knowledge of the situation. I went back and forth the entire year. There was some dishonesty and ignoring of situations. I was tired of the way situations were handled. I felt as if they shrugged things off which in turn made matters worse.

This school has a blatant disregard for the opinions of students. Not only this, but the school will flat-out lie to both parents and students! A main issue is that the administration is apperantly incapable of realizing that the school does, in fact, have enough lockers for every student. If the school would use the thousands of dollars they gain every year, they would have lockers and better test scores. Teachers should be given the materials necessary to teach. I am dissatisfied with the school and administration and their incapabilities.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

This school is very good except there are a few fights now and then. I graduated this from Quail and I have to say I had an overall good experience. My favorite is band. The band teacher cares so much about her students that you feel like family, this is very much not the case with all of the other teachers quit all the time.

My school is awesome!!:-D I like that we have PROPS celebrations when we earn our PROPS! I think our school could improve on the way some of the students and teachers behave. We can improve on the quality of food in the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.

Quail has a great friendship with Forest Hill Church. Together they have great family fun nights that are a great way for families to enjoy a free dinner and group activities for students and adults. The students get to enjoy their school in a different way. We love it

Very good teachers and about the students like any other kids.Sadly i had to move and well my daughter had to attend other school which is the one that belongs to the zone in the zipcode were we live on now. She miss her school so much.

Awesome I guess. I love my friends there, and the teachers are pretty cool, I wish they had more options for foreign languages. At the moment they only have French and Spanish. They're adding German for the 2013-2014 school year though, so I'm looking forward to that. This is my second year at Quail, and I would definitely change some of the stuff on the lunch menue, and some of the rules are kind of unfair. Like I really don't like how we always have to stay to the right side of the hall. It makes stuff so much more crowded. And I think there should be more in the way of the preforming arts. I am in orchestra and Drama/Shakespeare and I really wanted to join Men In Black, but that's only for band students. Either way, at pep rallies, the choir will sing, dance will dance, and men in black will do their thing. Either way, I kind of want to be able to do an orchestra performance or something, because band is like, all high and mighty, and no one cares about orchestra. Oh yeah, and the firewall is definitely annoying. I know that CMS doesn't want us viewing some stuff, but it's really annoying when I'm trying to do a project, and I can't look something up.

Last modified Quail Hollow Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.