Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

QHMS is a fantastic environment to learn and grow in the middle school years. There are so many opportunities to be involved with extra-curricular activities. The teachers and staff really care about student success!

Both my children are honor roll students, but how do children get an A or B in a class where they have 8-10 missing or late homework assignments? I believe they pass the children along not caring if they are actually preparing them for high school or a real college. Teachers do not respond to parent emails, they don't schedule parent teacher conferences, and they don't even enter grades into PowerSchool until weeks or even 2 months later. It's a shame that I have to go online and prepare lesson plans, download handouts and worksheets and actually teach the lessons as teachers at this school do the very minimum. I use to feel sorry for the low rate of pay but this school makes me reconsider paying people just because they chose to be a teacher,

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child has been bullied and I was told kids will be kids, when I complained about the bus driver smoking and playing inappropriate music I was told they are going to hear it anyways. How can they develop character traits the teachers, staff, and administrators don't possess themselves???

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many teachers do not respond to email in a timely fashion, they don't enter grades into PowerSchool in a timely fashion and can take anywhere between 3-8 weeks to enter grades. They don't do parent teacher conferences unless they like the parent or the parent helps out in the school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They give homework but the students have no up to date books or handouts. They are suppose to just copy notes from a board and hope they understand it so they can do the homework and do ok on test. There are many times when I as the parent have to go online and get my own materials to help my child with homework.

I’ve been pleased with QHMS and have found the school continues to improve each year. There is a dedicated team of administrators and teachers who strive to provide each-and-every student the best education and experience possible. Whenever I’ve had a question regarding testing, policies/procedures or personal experiences with my kids, I have found the staff responsive, open to my comments/suggestions and willing to provide constructive feedback and recommendations.

Quail Hollow Middle School is a great learning environment for ALL children. There are amazing things happening inside that building that will challenge your child on all social, emotional and educational levels. QH has a dedicated staff doing whatever it takes for our kids. Your child will be challenged on whatever level they are at and will be pushed outside of their educational comfort zone. QH ROCKS!

As an educator that has worked in various places, Quail Hollow has such a hard-working, talented staff dedicated to continually pushing students of all levels to achieve high academic success. Quail Hollow Middle works to prepare students to understand their own learning styles to become increasingly independent learners and citizens.

There were many issues. I thought that enrolling my student into the school would provide her with a diverse, enriched and rigorous academic year. It was instead bullying, unacceptable responsive times after complaining with the staff. I think it was just too much to ask of a school with such a poor performing history. I thought with the neighborhood around it surely it couldn't be that bad of a choice. Clearly I was wrong and my child suffered. I had to do lots of supplemental learning outside of school time. It's very strange. My daughter had some great teachers and some bad ones. I think the school as a whole has to do some re-evaluating of the management. There is no way a school with this many resources should have or tolerate a low level of performance. This will be difficult to recover from.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

As I have stated before there were great teachers and there were some poor teachers.

Last modified Quail Hollow Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.