Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Quail Hollow Middle 2

Posted December 12, 2015
This school has a blatant disregard for the opinions of students. Not only this, but the school will flat-out lie to both parents and students! A main issue is that the administration is apperantly incapable of realizing that the school does, in fact, have enough lockers for every student. If the school would use the thousands of dollars they gain every year, they would have lockers and better test scores. Teachers should be given the materials necessary to teach. I am dissatisfied with the school and administration and their incapabilities.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 25, 2015
This school is very good except there are a few fights now and then. I graduated this from Quail and I have to say I had an overall good experience. My favorite is band. The band teacher cares so much about her students that you feel like family, this is very much not the case with all of the other teachers quit all the time.

Quail Hollow Middle 5

Posted January 07, 2014
My school is awesome!!:-D I like that we have PROPS celebrations when we earn our PROPS! I think our school could improve on the way some of the students and teachers behave. We can improve on the quality of food in the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.

Posted August 31, 2013
Quail has a great friendship with Forest Hill Church. Together they have great family fun nights that are a great way for families to enjoy a free dinner and group activities for students and adults. The students get to enjoy their school in a different way. We love it

Quail Hollow Middle 5

Posted July 19, 2013
Very good teachers and about the students like any other kids.Sadly i had to move and well my daughter had to attend other school which is the one that belongs to the zone in the zipcode were we live on now. She miss her school so much.

Quail Hollow Middle 3

Posted March 28, 2013
Awesome I guess. I love my friends there, and the teachers are pretty cool, I wish they had more options for foreign languages. At the moment they only have French and Spanish. They're adding German for the 2013-2014 school year though, so I'm looking forward to that. This is my second year at Quail, and I would definitely change some of the stuff on the lunch menue, and some of the rules are kind of unfair. Like I really don't like how we always have to stay to the right side of the hall. It makes stuff so much more crowded. And I think there should be more in the way of the preforming arts. I am in orchestra and Drama/Shakespeare and I really wanted to join Men In Black, but that's only for band students. Either way, at pep rallies, the choir will sing, dance will dance, and men in black will do their thing. Either way, I kind of want to be able to do an orchestra performance or something, because band is like, all high and mighty, and no one cares about orchestra. Oh yeah, and the firewall is definitely annoying. I know that CMS doesn't want us viewing some stuff, but it's really annoying when I'm trying to do a project, and I can't look something up.

Quail Hollow Middle 3

Posted January 01, 2012
New Principle is awesome! My daughter is in 7th grade and enjoys her school, just typical middle school kids there has been a few fights, however with the schools new principle changes have been made.. I do feel however the 7th grade dean needs to toughen up a bit,. I also I have found it takes time to get any sort of responses, on class schedule changes.. I am still currently waiting for a call back.. other then that the school is ok.

Posted September 05, 2010
I have found from experience with several CMS schools that strong and caring administration is they key to the school's success. Principal Sullivan is great and if you look at the historical performance of the school you can see she has made a positive influence. The school is diverse which probably helps it get more resources. The counselors and most teachers are responsive. Students are placed in core classes according to their level (standard, plus and honors). Teachers have to be flexible because this is not a school with homogenous kids all from the same backgrounds. So if your child doesn't fit into a neat box this is probably a better school than private or more homogenous schools.

Posted May 11, 2010
the school is great my child loves it he is in band he loves being in band and he is grting good grades!!!

Posted December 23, 2009
the school is pretty good....many different type of people, not hard to make friends, & good programs

2901 Smithfield Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28210
Last modified Quail Hollow Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quail Hollow Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top