School principal icon 130x130 072214

School Official Point of View

The intention of this site is to inform the local community of our wonderful school, Rama Road Elementary. Over the past 2.5 years, Rama Road has begun a transformation to a school where learning is Powered by Discovery through project-based learning and hands-on STEM experiences. Our scholars are Rama Proud and College Bound each and every day with a program of instruction geared to grow students who are career and college ready. What does this mean? Each and every day, students are expected to attend school on time and ready to learn. Students are held accountable for remaining engaged in their learning. Our team believes that the best partners in a child's success are their parents. INVOLVED PARENTS = STUDENT SUCCESS. At Rama Road, parents are expected to remain engaged in supporting their child at home with academics, social and emotional skills and behavior. Our teachers have very high expectations of their students and are constantly creating more rigorous instruction that requires the nightly support of parents at home to practice with children the new skills they are acquiring every day. Teachers communicate progress to parents frequently and parents are always invited to the school to play an active role in helping their child learn. At Rama Road, we are committed to improving the quality of our instructional program and school progress for years to come. As with any school (whether public, private or charter), there is always room for improvement. At Rama, we are confident in the steps toward success in our school improvement plan that we have designed specifically with student achievement in mind. The school improvement plan and other information about our school community can be found on our school webpage: http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/ramaroadES/Pages/Default.aspx. The best way to know whether Rama is the choice for your family is to come in and tour this great neighborhood school. You and your child are also invited to sit in on a class and shadow for some time to see if it would be a good fit for your child's learning style. EVERYONE is welcome! Rama Proud and College Bound!
May 2, 2014

Rama Road Elementary 4

Posted June 04, 2014
The teachers work hard. Everyone does their best to help the children. My son has gained a lot from attending .

Rama Road Elementary 1

Posted May 02, 2014
This school is awful. Unfortuantely, you do not realize it is that bad until you move to a different school district. My daughter was in Kindergarten at Rama and we moved to Fort Mill in March. My daughter, who was "ahead" of other students at this school, is now "behind". My daughter told me she had to spend most of the day with her head on her table, waiting for other kids to catch up. If you have to live in this area, choose private school, otherwise your child will not be able to compete when they reach college level.

Posted May 01, 2014
My school is one of the "best kept secrets" in Charlotte. Teachers work together to provide a team approach to learning. Every teacher has a vested interest in every student. Staff work together to individualize learning opportunities for all students. The school has an international feel, with many cultures represented. Diversity is celebrated! In addition, Rama is the first Discovery School in the country. A strong focus on science and technology provides students with a challenging curriculum with a strong 21st Century focus. Century

Posted April 29, 2014
Rama Road Elementary School is a hidden gem!! The teachers are extremely competent, caring and empowering. My daughter continues to blossom in her academics and her confidence is soaring!! We are Rama Proud and College Bound!!

Posted April 28, 2014
I am dedicated to my student's growth each and every day. Students here feel safe and our part of the Rama family. Being a Title I school does not mean low-quality staff and education. Being a Title I school means that we receive extra resources from the district to make education here even more meaningful for our students. The diversity of this school allows students to grow into mature, real world individuals who are prepared for life. Rama proud and college bound!

Posted April 27, 2014
My school is just wonderful. Have you ever walked in somewhere and felt the "family" feel? Walk into our halls at Rama and you will experience this very thing. We have dedicated teachers and staff members that work hard everyday to ensure every student is engaged in his/her learning. Check us out. Take a chance. And definitely take a tour and see for it, yourself.

Posted April 22, 2014
Being a Title 1 school gives Rama a bad reputation - which I am guilty to say, I believed myself. All it really means is that we have more resources, technology & opportunities than the schools around us! As teachers, we love our students and many students (and parents!) come back to visit previous teachers because of the personal connections that are made throughout the school year. We are a welcoming, caring staff and have an open door policy to the community. Come & see for yourself - we would love to answer questions or have tour our classrooms to see how happy & engaged our students are each day.

Posted April 17, 2014
I have two children at Rama Rd, one of whom has special needs and I have been so impressed with the teachers and administration over the past 2 years. They ALWAYS go above and beyond and I feel like everyone has my children's best interests at heart. The principal, Mrs. Denny, is very accessible and seems to know every child's name. Becoming a Discovery Education School has also been very exciting and given all of the children at Rama access to some amazing resources. We are Rama proud and college bound!!!!

Posted March 24, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten at Rama Road. We have lived in neighborhood across from the school for 10 years and always wanted to support Rama Rd. From the day she started school in August, we have never questioned that decision. She is reading and writing at or above grade level and we couldn't be happier with the quality of teachers and administrators at the school. Yes, the test scores could be better, but there are many layers to that onion. I would recommend that anyone who is interested in the school should visit, talk to the principal, and see firsthand what is happening in the classrooms. You will see that this school is a true hidden treasure whose potential is finally being realized.

Rama Road Elementary 4

Posted March 24, 2014
This time last year, we felt as though we were on an emotional roller coaster with the decision of where to send our child to school. Do we send our child to Rama or do we move? After visiting a number of schools, observing the classrooms, and hearing from the principals our decision was clear to go to Rama Road. Our child is in Kindergarten and it truly thriving, excelling in reading, and learning every day. I love hearing what he is learning each day. Principal Denny is amazing and has a clear and defined plan to see Rama Road succeed. She has brought in excellent teachers, created a welcoming environment, introduced school uniforms, and brought in new programs such as Discovery Education. We have had a great experience and are thrilled to see our child begin their education on a positive note. RAMA PROUD! Our family encourages you to visit the school and meet with Principal Denny during your decision making.

Rama Road Elementary
1035 Rama Road, Charlotte, NC  28211
Last modified Rama Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rama Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.