Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I have a now 1st grader, who began at Rama Rd Elem. last year for kindergarten. Since Day 1, it has been obvious that my child's learning and growth, along with all students is top priority. He has excelled and outperformed grade average and has continued to do so, despite the lower EOG testing average for the total student body. The administration, teachers and structure to the curriculum allows for individualized instruction to meet each students needs. The openness and dialogue between faculty has been amazing and I feel that my child is truly cared for while at school everyday.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They treat all kids the same and support them in ways that meet their individual needs.

Great support, helpful with kindergarteners who are transitioning to school for the first time. Good communication systems.

I Love Rama! My family is new here to Charlotte and I have two children who attend Rama. Pre- K and 5th grade and I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children. Everyone is so delightful and helpfull.

I volunteered in a Rama Kindergarten class several hours each week for many months while my own children were still in preschool. What I found was a friendly, caring and highly qualified staff who work together (like a family!) in grade level teams to provide the most efficient and effective education for their students. When we later received a magnet lottery spot, we turned it down and have never ever regretted it. Soon after that, we were richly blessed to have Patti Denny become Principal. She has expertly motivated the staff and students to constantly grow themselves and be their very best. She truly cares about the future of each person in that building and has been a huge asset to Rama. I am especially impressed with how our teachers and Assistants break each class into small focus groups during math and literacy. This teaching model allows students who are behind to group together and spend more time mastering subject material, while fast learner groups are able to move ahead and continue being challenged. The diverse cultural environment at Rama is celebrated and has directly expanded students' understanding of other cultures. With SO many countries represented, International Day (with parade!) is my favorite day to visit and support our great school.

If you are considering schools for your child please take a tour of Rama Road ES. Our daughter is in 2nd grade and we are so glad we decided to make the choice to stay with our neighborhood school, despite getting a coveted magnet spot elsewhere. Rama has excellent staff, strong parental involvement, and growing support within the neighborhood. It offers some amazing opportunities for learning outside of the classroom including a full Science lab, an Innovations lab, partnership with Discovery Education, single gender classes and a single gender STEM club sponsored by Discovery Place, and TD opportunities for 1st and 2nd grade. Hidden in the state reporting numbers is the Student Growth Index which measure’s how well schools grow students over time. Currently Rama has a 6.2/Exceeded Growth (-2.0-2.0 scale) which places it in the 91st percentile for overall student growth. http://www.carolinaschoolhub.com/ 55% of teachers have advanced degrees and they are dedicated to meeting the educational needs of all of the children attending Rama.

SO very proud of our students and staff for EXCEEDING all growth goals for the 2013-14 school year when two neighboring magnet schools did not meet. Our 5th grade students grew their proficiency 30% points in science alone. OUTSTANDING!

The teachers work hard. Everyone does their best to help the children. My son has gained a lot from attending .

This school is awful. Unfortuantely, you do not realize it is that bad until you move to a different school district. My daughter was in Kindergarten at Rama and we moved to Fort Mill in March. My daughter, who was "ahead" of other students at this school, is now "behind". My daughter told me she had to spend most of the day with her head on her table, waiting for other kids to catch up. If you have to live in this area, choose private school, otherwise your child will not be able to compete when they reach college level.

My school is one of the "best kept secrets" in Charlotte. Teachers work together to provide a team approach to learning. Every teacher has a vested interest in every student. Staff work together to individualize learning opportunities for all students. The school has an international feel, with many cultures represented. Diversity is celebrated! In addition, Rama is the first Discovery School in the country. A strong focus on science and technology provides students with a challenging curriculum with a strong 21st Century focus. Century

Last modified Rama Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.