Posted November 10, 2013
I went here about 4 years ago. I stayed for a year, for sixth grade. This school was HORRIBLE... IB classes and elective classes are co-ed but the other classes, core-subjects, for "regular" kids have only one gender. Girls not in IB go to all-girl classes, and guys would be in all-boy classes. I was in a "regular" science class(other classes were IB classes). It was horrible. It was an all-girls class and the girls weren't girls, they were MONSTERS. No one listened to the teacher, EVER. I only remember having ONE "real" lesson in that class. The teacher always yelled and the girls never listened to her. They were delinquents that boasted about bad things they've done. The IB classes were good, though. Also, there was always a fight... It was bad. I remember there was a day where the fire department came THREE times... In the end, some kids where smoking in the bathrooms. If you have the choice to allow your kids to go to ANOTHER SCHOOL, then do it. Only allow them to go to Ranson if they absolutely have to and they'll die if they don't.

Posted October 04, 2013
All I have to say is WOW. Decided to visit my daughter and I could not believe how the kids were so disrespectful. I truly feel sorry for the teachers who have to literally yell thru a lessen just to teach. Assistant Principal used the Joe Clark method to constantly yell at students. Teachers seem unmotivated because of a lot of disrepectful kids which in turn reflects on the parents. IB School there is no way. One hour visit had us contemplating transfering our daughter back to JAMES MARTIN!

Ranson Middle 5

Posted March 27, 2012
its a great school that i like for my son. its not like the other schools

Posted February 13, 2012
This is by far the worst school (district) I have ever experience. My child attended the school for half a school year. During my child's time there we had some terrible experiences along with dropping grades. I decided to move just to get him to a different school and a more diverse and positive environment. It is the best thing I could have done for my child. When I went to withdraw my child it was evident that the children definitely run the school. They were running and yelling in the halls uncontrollably, disrespecting the staff, using vulgar language all while being chased to class by the security guards. Fights are a daily event. Half of the teachers didn't attempt to correct the behavior and ignored what was going on around them. The office staff is THE WORST! They never give messages or return phone calls and I have left over 20 messages and received 2 return phone calls. The principal, although she is very nice individual, wears very skin tight outfits which in my opinion are not appropriate for school. All of my child's teachers were very helpful and I appreciate them, but the children could not be tamed. It's a tough school and they need some stern guidance.

Posted January 06, 2012
This school should have their IB charter revoked! The teaching staff is lacking, the curriculum is lacking of any IB program and a revolving door of staff that could care less because in a few weeks they will be at another school filling in. Your child's safety might be at risk by going to this school. I DO NOT recommend sending your child here.

Ranson Middle 3

Posted March 30, 2011
I'm in the 8th grade at Ranson and Ranson isn't that bad. The school has actually grown a lot and is better than what some of the parents on here are sayin. Yeah we got drama, but who doesn't ??? And this "bullying: yall talkiin bout isn't from the 8th grade. We never even see other grades except for on the bus !

Ranson Middle 3

Posted March 23, 2011
yes i go to this school and i actually like it because i can relate tew it. yes there is alot of drama and all the adults argue with the students and act lyke dey dont car at all. bhut ayee me and mi bestie runin disx. class of 2011 8th grade all dayy

Ranson Middle 4

Posted February 26, 2011
i am currently a student at RMS their has been over 1million things said wrong about it. Most things are true others im not so sure of, i've been at ranson for 3yr. know and i can say it has changed dramasticly. From being punished to uniforms, its all for our good. Most kids exaggerate about what goes on here, most teachers are jjust doing their job and changin their attitude for the better, however the students dont very much like it so they think its being hated by the teacher. Thus making them hate the teacher, we 8th graders are now on lock down and we have almost all the staff on our case (in including the principal) so we dont really have direct contact with other grades or students for that matter. But its a punishment where gonna have to take to make the future of ranson a whole lot better.

Posted January 01, 2011
This school is terrible in every single way my daughter has struggled through her 6th and 1/2 of her 7th grade year already. Teachers that are potentially good end up angered and a lot less patent with students because of the students behavior. even grade a teacher would be sent into anger from these kids and the ones who ardent doing it are suffering adding uniform was a terrible idea just one more thing for students to hate the school for and when students hate the school they degrade and disrespect it but switching schools is nearly impossible with out moving!

Posted November 02, 2010
With what happen to my grandchild there on Nov. 1, 2010 you do not deserve a rating. It's not low enough. My grandchild was missing all day and you just notified the parent at 4:30pm. Suppose it was your child.

Contact Information

5850 Statesville Road
Charlotte, NC 28269

School website

Ranson Middle
5850 Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Ranson Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ranson Middle Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.