Charlotte, NC

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 23, 2015
They treat the children like adults instead of the ages they are. I have personally witnessed verbal abuse from teachers to students. They are degraded and treated poorly.

Posted June 23, 2015
I had to teach my children what they needed to go to the next grade. The school is very unorganized from the principal down to the parent meetings they have. My children were bullied by one student I took every step that the stupid bullying plan suggested( which is a freakin joke by the way) and there was still no resolve. Everyone tried to cover their own butts playing dumb when I said I was calling the news station. You never see the principal she may pop up at one of the school meetings reading off the smart board. The school Secretary or who ever she is has an attitude. They encouraged an open door policy now you can barely visit ( very strange). The only reason why I kept my kids there is because I could never get them in a better school and the only teacher that has had my back is Mrs.Thomas thank god for her. I would never recommend a title one school to have to buy school uniforms if it is suppose to be a poor and under performing school. They need to fire everyone and start over with people who actually care about making a difference in the kids lives or close the school permanently. I also suggest that the teachers as well as staff have mandatory dress codes since they are making the kids have them. Run far far far away from this school.

Sedgefield Elementary 4

Posted September 25, 2014
Good staff. Friendly principal. Unfortunately parents are not as involved as we wish. Everyone tries hard though.

Posted September 19, 2014
My children say that half of the student at this school cussing at the teacher and the teacher can not do a thing about it. On the first week of school my child was giving some homework that was for a first grader and his in the fourth grade. I know it was the first week of school but that is no excuse. When I ask my children what have they learned at school today the only thing they can tell me is they learned how to be good because the teacher is always fussing at the students who do not listen or that the teacher is trying to call a parent on the student who is misbehaving in class. I feel like my children are not learning anything due to the students who are misbehaving.

Sedgefield Elementary 5

Posted December 03, 2012
My daughter was in the Pre-K program at Sedgefield Elementary during the 2011-2012 school year. I have to admit that I was worried about it being a Title I School but I was completely won over. Her two teachers were so caring, organized, and great educators. My daughter learned so much acedemically and socially in such a short amount of time. The teachers were friendly and open to communication. Even the people in the front office were friendly and knew me by name. This isn't my home school and now my child is in a non-title 1 school for Kindergarten. However, I do have to say that my daughter's Sedgefield pre-K teachers were warmer and more nurturing than my daughter's current teachers are at her current school. I miss Sedgefield and I thank them for everything they did for my child during her first year in school. Thanks Sedgefield! My daughter was definitely ready for Kindergarten with the help of your wonderful teachers and staff!

Sedgefield Elementary 5

Posted August 01, 2011
Love Mrs.Bah and Mrs Craig! They were fantastic with my girls. Never had any negative issues with the school.

Posted November 23, 2010
I feel like I am constantly telling the teachers what they should do, they have not vision and do not know if they are coming or going in that place. The only organized person is Ms. WIliams, after that, God Help you. They have not sense of security or respect for the children, they ar focused on School Uniforms. More over it seems incredibly stupid to make a Title One school in to a uniform school, were over 80% of the kids can not afford to buy lunch, why on Earth would you then force their families to buy Uniforms, without providing at least 5 sets for each child. You are talking about poor people here! Further, if the child does not have the proper uniform on, they are forced to leave class. Its some mess!!! If you can get your kids out of this school do it fast...

Posted May 05, 2010
This school is terrible the teachers at this school dont care about kids. All they want is to kick kids out of class and thats it. there is no help for kids with learning problems. Ms Dunning the 3rd grade teacher is bias she doesnt help kids that need help. She judges the kids instead of paying attention to there needs. sedgefield is a terrible school and terrible teachers DON'T let your kids go here. i removed all my kids from this school!

Posted April 29, 2010
I like my son's teacher but the new prinipal is VERY unorganized.

Posted April 14, 2010
This school is the worst every time I go there there are fights and they use bad language

715 Hartford Avenue, Charlotte, NC  28209
Last modified Sedgefield Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sedgefield Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top