Sedgefield Elementary 4

Posted September 25, 2014
Good staff. Friendly principal. Unfortunately parents are not as involved as we wish. Everyone tries hard though.

Posted September 19, 2014
My children say that half of the student at this school cussing at the teacher and the teacher can not do a thing about it. On the first week of school my child was giving some homework that was for a first grader and his in the fourth grade. I know it was the first week of school but that is no excuse. When I ask my children what have they learned at school today the only thing they can tell me is they learned how to be good because the teacher is always fussing at the students who do not listen or that the teacher is trying to call a parent on the student who is misbehaving in class. I feel like my children are not learning anything due to the students who are misbehaving.

Sedgefield Elementary 5

Posted December 03, 2012
My daughter was in the Pre-K program at Sedgefield Elementary during the 2011-2012 school year. I have to admit that I was worried about it being a Title I School but I was completely won over. Her two teachers were so caring, organized, and great educators. My daughter learned so much acedemically and socially in such a short amount of time. The teachers were friendly and open to communication. Even the people in the front office were friendly and knew me by name. This isn't my home school and now my child is in a non-title 1 school for Kindergarten. However, I do have to say that my daughter's Sedgefield pre-K teachers were warmer and more nurturing than my daughter's current teachers are at her current school. I miss Sedgefield and I thank them for everything they did for my child during her first year in school. Thanks Sedgefield! My daughter was definitely ready for Kindergarten with the help of your wonderful teachers and staff!

Sedgefield Elementary 5

Posted August 01, 2011
Love Mrs.Bah and Mrs Craig! They were fantastic with my girls. Never had any negative issues with the school.

Posted November 23, 2010
I feel like I am constantly telling the teachers what they should do, they have not vision and do not know if they are coming or going in that place. The only organized person is Ms. WIliams, after that, God Help you. They have not sense of security or respect for the children, they ar focused on School Uniforms. More over it seems incredibly stupid to make a Title One school in to a uniform school, were over 80% of the kids can not afford to buy lunch, why on Earth would you then force their families to buy Uniforms, without providing at least 5 sets for each child. You are talking about poor people here! Further, if the child does not have the proper uniform on, they are forced to leave class. Its some mess!!! If you can get your kids out of this school do it fast...

Posted May 05, 2010
This school is terrible the teachers at this school dont care about kids. All they want is to kick kids out of class and thats it. there is no help for kids with learning problems. Ms Dunning the 3rd grade teacher is bias she doesnt help kids that need help. She judges the kids instead of paying attention to there needs. sedgefield is a terrible school and terrible teachers DON'T let your kids go here. i removed all my kids from this school!

Posted April 29, 2010
I like my son's teacher but the new prinipal is VERY unorganized.

Posted April 14, 2010
This school is the worst every time I go there there are fights and they use bad language

Posted June 16, 2008
I would have to agree with the parent that posted the comment for December 27th, 2007. There is a lack of communication with the administration of this school and the parents. They are very unorganized and lack constructive ways to manage diciplinary problems.

Posted December 27, 2007
I am so dissapointed with the education, the administration, and everything about this school. There does not seem to be any communication between parents and staff and the school is very unorganized. I am putting my child in private school next year so that she does not have to endure another year here

Sedgefield Elementary
715 Hartford Avenue, Charlotte, NC  28209
Last modified Sedgefield Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sedgefield Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top