Bad
Good

We relocated from Minneapolis last year when my son was in 3rd grade. This school is amazing and this is our 3rd elementary school for our son. The teachers are top notch, there is enough rigor mixed with fun and the teachers really make sure that they meet the needs of the whole child. The only down side is that I wish that they had a foreign language!

My daughter is just finishing up Kindergarten at Selwyn and it is a great school. Could use a little diversity, but the PTA is extremely active and involved- there is no shortage of volunteers. Amazing school- my daughter has learned so much and done really well with her testing.

This is a great school!! My daughter is in Kindergarten currently and she loves it!! We are from a diverse background, and yes, there is a lack of diversity in this school - however, my daughter has never really felt out of place and she looks forward to school every day! We did know about the lack of diversity before we moved to this area and were deeply concerned, however we are now glad of the decision we made. There is a lot of parent involvement, the teachers are great and the teachers make every effort to make sure that they tap the potential of each child. The school is great!

We just moved to NC and our son is at Selwyn. He absolutely loves it and we have been very impressed by the school all around. The lack of diversity at this school is very obvious, but as another mentioned, it does represent the Myers Park area - white, upper class, hyper-involved parents. While ideally we would like to have our child in a more diverse setting, we cannot complain about the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff at Selwyn.

This is a wonderful school! The teachers are kind and caring and the administrative staff are very involved with the success of the students. I am so happy my child attends Selwyn!

Last modified Selwyn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.