Sharon Elementary 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Sharon elementary is a one of the nice School. My son is going to this school. I am very happy about him.

Posted March 09, 2014
Sharon is an excellent school. I have three children there now and they love going to school. The teachers are amazing and truly care about the children. I highly recommend this school.

Posted December 23, 2013
Sharon Elementary is a nice school with high standards. The teachers are caring and try to make learning fun for my 2 children. The principal is very professional, and she works with the PTA to keep all parents interested in the school and informed of events. I love Sharon Elementary School.

Posted December 20, 2013
The teachers are amazing. The principal and office staff are horrible. The principal is uncaring and rude. Should never be in charge of children.

Posted December 09, 2013
The new guidance counselor should not be allowed to work in the school system. She is unable to do her job, and doesn't seem to care about the children at all. The principle is into numbers and popularity. You had better have a lot of money to fit in the parent groups. Make sure your child has no disabilities. They do not help children with disabilities at this school. They do nothing about bullying. The principle can actually be somewhat of a bully herself. But they have a wonderful Music program. Mr. Brown gives the school a good name going beyond the call of duty to make the program great. Other than the Music program this school is highly over rated.

Sharon Elementary 3

Posted November 20, 2013
We are new to the area and my child just started K. The year did NOT start out very good, as if I didn't already have enough to worry about as a first time mom to a K student. Our teacher is great and sends email communications 1-2x per week, the principle is very responsive, and overall I have no complaints about the actual school. We feel like young parents here (31 and 32) and most parents already know each other as do the students, so it can be difficult adjusting as a "new" family. PTO is very active, but again very cliquish.

Posted November 23, 2012
This is a wonderful school, with excellent teachers and the parent involvement is amazing! I would recommend this school

Sharon Elementary 2

Posted November 07, 2012
Most teachers are great and try hard. But after 5 years and dealing with the administration, we are done with this school. Their lack of action and follow through is the worst I have ever seen. My son was bullied in 5th grade and received same punishment as child who bullied. Completely unacceptable. Trying to teach my children that being smart and different is okay but it is not being reinforced by the school. The vice principal is useless and does not enforce discipline fairly. Very tired of this school and happy to move to middle school. Until there is a change in leadership I would look for another elementary school.

Posted October 31, 2012
My son has been singled out repeatedly as aggressive after being bullied, pushed, hit, punched, ect ect. He is young and in Kindergarten. We have almost no issues at home with him but at school he's considered overly aggressive. He is the sweetest kid and is very sensitive. After multiple suspensions for defending himself we are finally having a conversation with the school principle / vp and counselor to discuss his needs. Very unprofessional staff, undermining principle and complete lack of regard to the CMS code of student conduct. He's 5 and defended himself but was still suspended.

Posted December 08, 2010
we have just pulled our daughter who is in kindergarten out of this school. They allowed my child to walk outside of the school unattended and yet tried to blame her for it when she did what she was told to do. Now they hold her hand and only hers everywhere she goes because they say she wonders, yet I have never had an issue with that. The staff there is great but the principal is very undermining and primitive when she has spoken with us. She grabbed my daughter by the arm in one dealing when she first started school and took her from us and lead her to class while my daughter was kicking and screaming. No one has done anything about this and yet I have been as high as Peter Gorman. The only thing we were told was that there was a problem with us (parents) and that we were not allowed to walk our daughter to class anymore. I have gotten not one phone call for bad behavior and all praises from her class and report card but yet she wonders but that only came up after we filled a police report of child neglect against the school

Sharon Elementary
4330 Foxcroft Road, Charlotte, NC  28211
Last modified Sharon Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharon Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.