Steele Creek Elementary 1

Posted February 10, 2014
This school doesn't even deserve a half a star. i had heard rumors of this school being terrible, but i didn't believe it based on the fact that it was a new area and new school. i was WRONG!!!! From the Zone Superintendent, to teachers, to principal. THEY ARE ALL TERRIBLE. I wouldn't trust them with anything, especially a child's valuable education. Its a TITLE 1 school, which means less than standard. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE CONSTRUCTION AROUND IT, RUN!!!!!!!! And, according to other members of the community, the middle school, & Olympia High School are not Much Better. Its a reason that the rating above it 4 out of 10. Don't chance it, go to Ballantyne, Fort Mill, or Indian Trial is you want your kids to have a good education. dealing with CMS is NOT WORTH IT!

Posted October 25, 2013
Steele Creek is an overall great school. There is a lot of school spirit and fun things done to try and keep students excited about attending school. One area our school is strong in is success with end of year grading. We have had continuous improvement in student achievement, and that says a lot about a school. We are lower in reading than math, but we are working on new things to try and boost that up. An area of weakness in our school is our staff morale. We have a great staff, but for some reason, there are a lot of members who tend to pull the morale down. Things have been tried to keep the morale up, but people don't seem interested in working towards that. Overall, Steele Creek is a great school for students to attend! Every school has room for improvement, but we have a lot of success, too!

Posted October 01, 2013
I love the overall atmosphere and the staff at this school. I do believe for the most part the staff are concerned and very caring of my children that attend. All relationships that I have or had are lasting and sincere. My children feel safe and secure learning and attending this school. I had an issue here that was promptly dealt with and the results were very satisfactory.

Posted October 12, 2010
good teachers - old building - but kids are the highest concern of all at this school

Posted June 08, 2010
wonderful school wonderful staff overall great atmosphere. The principal s very involved you can tell she does it because she loves it. My child learned so much this year. They truly care and it shows

Steele Creek Elementary 1

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted June 09, 2009
When we first moved to the Charlotte area I was a little weary of my daughter attending Steele Creek. It was an older school and seemed to be overcrowded. What I found however, is a school where every employee seems to care. It seems as though every teacher knows my childs name and that is important being that they are considered as being overcrowded. Our district has changed and next year we will be at Berewick Elementary... I am excited about the change but will miss Steele Creek!

Posted April 24, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
I really like this school.I feel that they are very much involved with the students at this school.The staff and PTA is always doing something for the students.They have CI-CI'S pizza night,Chick-fil-A night,and math fun night for the kids.Which the kids and parents that are involved enjoy.My daughters teacher is great.So, I really do not know what all the negativity is about.

Steele Creek Elementary 3

Posted March 31, 2009
My son loves going to school and loves his teacher this year. He is very happy with the friends he's made since our move here, and loves the gym and music programs at the school. His teachers are very dedicated and the principal is very caring. I'm not happy with the pace of his education, as he was learning a lot more in our former state, but the teachers are not to blame for that. His class is also very big. Shouldn't there be a cap of 22 students? He has 26 in his class. I think the school would function better if they separated the classes by levels of student aptitude.

Steele Creek Elementary
4100 Gallant Lane, Charlotte, NC  28273
Last modified Steele Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steele Creek Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.