Charlotte, NC

Posted March 26, 2015
Steele Creek has made a lot of positive changes over the past year. It is obvious that the administration and staff truly care about doing what is best for students.

Posted March 23, 2015
I was a little worried about my children attending Steele Creek based on previous reviews. It is an old school, however, I think the public might have a misconception of what is really happening at Steele Creek. The teachers are so welcoming, and the office staff is always helpful and friendly. I really love all the great communication from the principal, Ms. Little. She keeps me up with all the activities going on at the school. Anyway, after spending time at the Parent Academy nights and visiting my children in their classrooms, I had to say that Steele Creek is such a wonderful school, full of pride!

Steele Creek Elementary 5

Posted March 22, 2015
Steele Creek Elementary is a great school! The principal is wonderful and makes herself completely accessible to staff, parents, and students. Our staff and teachers go above and beyond to ensure the success of all children. Working at Steele Creek Elementary has been a very positive experience.

Steele Creek Elementary 1

Posted February 10, 2014
This school doesn't even deserve a half a star. i had heard rumors of this school being terrible, but i didn't believe it based on the fact that it was a new area and new school. i was WRONG!!!! From the Zone Superintendent, to teachers, to principal. THEY ARE ALL TERRIBLE. I wouldn't trust them with anything, especially a child's valuable education. Its a TITLE 1 school, which means less than standard. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE CONSTRUCTION AROUND IT, RUN!!!!!!!! And, according to other members of the community, the middle school, & Olympia High School are not Much Better. Its a reason that the rating above it 4 out of 10. Don't chance it, go to Ballantyne, Fort Mill, or Indian Trial is you want your kids to have a good education. dealing with CMS is NOT WORTH IT!

Posted October 25, 2013
Steele Creek is an overall great school. There is a lot of school spirit and fun things done to try and keep students excited about attending school. One area our school is strong in is success with end of year grading. We have had continuous improvement in student achievement, and that says a lot about a school. We are lower in reading than math, but we are working on new things to try and boost that up. An area of weakness in our school is our staff morale. We have a great staff, but for some reason, there are a lot of members who tend to pull the morale down. Things have been tried to keep the morale up, but people don't seem interested in working towards that. Overall, Steele Creek is a great school for students to attend! Every school has room for improvement, but we have a lot of success, too!

Posted October 01, 2013
I love the overall atmosphere and the staff at this school. I do believe for the most part the staff are concerned and very caring of my children that attend. All relationships that I have or had are lasting and sincere. My children feel safe and secure learning and attending this school. I had an issue here that was promptly dealt with and the results were very satisfactory.

Steele Creek Elementary 2

Posted May 16, 2013
winget park elementary school they are not a good school, bulllied to student, I am a parents of autism school, abuse student

Steele Creek Elementary 1

Posted July 14, 2012
DO NOT let your children go to this school! CMS ignores the school and provides -0- funding, guidance counseling, discipline support - students with special needs like ADHD, austism spectrum are suspended from school for having outbursts because school is not provided with any CMS staff to meet the educational and emotional needs of students. Large % of 1st and 2nd graders curse! teachers not around to hear or given tools to discipline - I have to move to get my 2 boys out of this school k,1st grader, 4th,5th grader - very poor academic or advanced learning programs - CMS school board gives $ and staff to Ballantyne area and completely ignores this older area - My son was in autism spectrum - no staff to help him in afterschool with homework and socializing with kids - we had a horrible year. School expulsions - weekly phone calls from school for me to pick him up bc son upset, banging his head, and I had to miss work and he miss school for hours every week - no addl staff or training for special needs-DO NOT let your kids go here and write CMS demand same $ training as non minority schools. Kids are neglected and not provided tools to learn! ! Thank god we are able to move!!

Posted October 12, 2010
good teachers - old building - but kids are the highest concern of all at this school

Steele Creek Elementary 5

Posted June 08, 2010
wonderful school wonderful staff overall great atmosphere. The principal s very involved you can tell she does it because she loves it. My child learned so much this year. They truly care and it shows

Steele Creek Elementary
4100 Gallant Lane, Charlotte, NC  28273
Last modified Steele Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steele Creek Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top