Charlotte, NC

Tuckaseegee Elementary 4

Posted April 09, 2015
My two children have both attended Tuckaseegee. They have a Talent Development program which is a version of a gifted and talented program. The TD teachers are fairly well involved with all of the TD kids overall. Those children rotate amongst the TD teachers during the school day/week for various classes. This school has a music program as well as an art class. This year my daughter even had a chance to do ceramics which was a very nice addition. Field trips have been interesting and educational (Ovens Auditorium, Old Salem, etc.). There are a few after school clubs as well (science club, etc.). The school library is also very well stocked. My two biggest gripes about this school are lunch and lack of textbooks / workbooks that come home. The lunch program leaves much to be desired. These are NOT the school lunches that you remember. I rarely ever feel that the meals are well balanced and highly recommend packing lunches if you can. Lunch menus seem to be school system wide now. As far as textbooks / workbooks go, I rarely (if ever) see either one coming home. This makes it almost impossible to help with homework for the kids. We've had to supplement with our own at home.

Tuckaseegee Elementary 2

Posted March 18, 2015
Teachers and staff have been nothing but friendly and helpful. However, they don't seem to be able to keep control of their problem students. My child is coming home every day and telling me she is being hit ( today was over the head with a book), by a nasty sounding little girl. We never had problems like this at our old elementary school. I'm quite upset that children are allowed to act in such a way.

Posted August 17, 2009
I have a rising fourth grader in this school,he has been here since kinder garden.He is in the Talent development program and I feel he is getting oppurtnities here that he would have not gotten any where else.I volunteer and participate in the watch dog program.I've watched my son accell in this school far beyond any expectations I ever had.Under sound leadership of M. Osborne and his T.D teachers.This school has been a true blessing to my son. Our P.T.A also has been a major asset to this school under the leadership of K. Stevens She has made things happen for the children and the teachers that have gone unsurpassed in the four years we have been there. However there is also room for improvement,the lack of parent involvement with there children in regards to discipline,self discipline only continues to undermine the great oppurtunities the children have at this school. Thank you

Posted February 15, 2008
I have had a child at Tuckaseegee for the last seven years. All four have gone through the multi-age program and we could not be pleased. The teachers have become a part of our family. The leadership by principal Osbourne over the years has keep the school moving forward. The recent addition of the 'Watchdogs' program has further increased the involvement of fathers in their childrens' education. Spending a whole day at this school really shows you how much the staff -- from the main office to teachers and even to the cafeteria -- cares about our children. Mike Craft

Tuckaseegee Elementary

Posted August 10, 2007
I have four grandchildren enrolled in Tuckaseegee (the oldest is entering the fourth grade this year) the parent/teacher involvement is great questions are answered in the daily planner, telephone calls are returned and no appointment with the teacher has been turned down. Thank you

Posted May 21, 2005
My daughter has been in the Multiage Class for two years now. I am extremely satisfy with the education she is receiving. The teachers are very involved in the kids learning. The office staff, Media staff, PE, Art, and Special Area teachers are all great too!

Posted July 20, 2004
My daughter had a wonderful teacher last year and my second daughter will be attending Tuckaseegee this year. We have moved and will be farther away from the school. Because of the teaching and involvement that the staff have with the students I am willing to drive my kids to school every morning so that they can get the teaching and attention that they need to succeed in school.

Tuckaseegee Elementary 4

Posted June 19, 2003
My son goes here and I am very pleased, this is our 4th elementary school and this is the best one I have seen. It is one of the very few schools in Charlotte that is not over crowded. The staff seems to know everyone and they provide a loving enviroment for my child.

Tuckaseegee Elementary
2028 Little Rock Road, Charlotte, NC  28214
Last modified Tuckaseegee Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tuckaseegee Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top