Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 05, 2015
During morning meetings, teachers work with students using Why Try curriculum which uses a series of ten visual metaphors to teach social, emotional, and leadership principles.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 05, 2015
While using Why Try to teach social, emotional, and leadership principles - we are sharing stories, examples, and helping each other become more compassionate, caring, and empathetic.

Posted December 05, 2015
Because students are making progress and doing amazing things that can't be measured by one test.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 05, 2015
I moved to NC over a year ago and am so thankful the administration hired me. I have been teaching for 20 years, and many of the things we are doing at GPES are what we were doing in CA. Don't let the low school test scores fool you - students at Greenway Park are making great progress and doing things that can't be measured by one EOG test!

Posted January 31, 2014
Greenway park is a wonderful school. Both of my daughter's go to school here and love it. My oldest daughter has been going here since 2nd grade and is now in 5th grade. Though the teacher's here have been wonderful, I must give two thumbs up to 5th grade teachers, Mrs.Faulkenberry for Math/science and Ms. Beltrum for English/social studies because they both have been phenomenal! Both teachers must Love their jobs because it shows by how much time they invest in each child to ensure that they understand each subject. My daughter was struggling in school the last couple of year's and this year she is on A/B honor roll. My youngest is in kindergarten and has learned so much already and has also made A/B honor roll!The office staff have always been very pleasant and The school counselor is always on top of any issues that are going on. The teacher/parent communication is 100%. This school gets my vote.

Greenway Park Elementary 2

Posted January 28, 2014
This is our first year at Greenway Park and I'm very disappointed with their staff!!! Front desk is horrible!! They never greet you, almost 99% of the time they ignore you for at least 7 mins. It seems like they feel bother by you. Example today, I was called in to pick my son up he did not feel good. Previously I have been coming in multiple times to eat and seen other kids have been sick with the same thing my son had. So I asked the front desk while I was waiting on my son to get to the office if there is something going around...if other kids have been experiencing the same symptoms and before I could finish my question this lady rolled her eyes made a smart comment just plain rude and just went off. It seemed like she was offended by my question. Just another horrible situation we have experienced this year with their staff. We have never seen a school that has so many people in a building that do not like/love or even enjoy what they do for living! One positive and only thing we enjoyed at this school is Mrs. Wright!! She loves and is very good with her kids. The only reason we actually want to finish this school year with them. She gets a 5 star!

Posted March 22, 2012
Greenway Park is an EXCELLENT school. Don't be fooled by test scores or the location of the school. There is a very active PTA also. A+!

Posted November 09, 2010
my daughter startded pre-k this year so far the school and teachers has met my expectation she look forward every morning going to school thank you greenway park elemantary.

Posted January 24, 2008
i was skeptical at first being new to the whole school environment and everything. However, the rating for greenway park is way too low. My son is in kindergarten there and is doing so well I am so proud. The staff in the office are wonderful and his teachers are very involved and care so much about all of their students that I am now in the process of trying to enroll my 4 year old in the bright beginning program their for this coming school year. From one proud parent to all you others out their, I see the news as well CMS does get a bad rap on the news but there are some dedicated teachers and staff out there you just have to believe in your child and be involved.

Posted January 04, 2006
My son has been going to this school since PreK...and now he is getting ready to go into the 6th grade...Greenway Park is the best school I can think of, they give you a warm feeling when you are there. Principal Gray is the best as well. I will enjoy seeing my daughter going to this school as well now. Jennifer White

8301 Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC  28212
Last modified Greenway Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenway Park Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top