Winding Springs Elementary 0

Posted June 19, 2014
- a principal
Dear Parent/Guardian: Thank you for visiting Winding Springs Elementary on the Great Schools website. If you are looking for a school community that is committed to serving the individual needs of every child, you have found a great school. Please feel free to contact me with questions or to schedule a visit. "It's a great time to be an Eagle!"

Posted September 06, 2013
This a great school and teachers know their stuff when come to teaching . The staff last year 2013 treat the parents like family.

Posted October 27, 2010
Teachers are great love it. Not overcrowded like many of the Charlotte schools. My sons reading teacher is so sweet she has made him relly love to read. I will be heart broken if they close. I have had my kids in two other schools and nothing can ever come close to winding springs.

Posted October 01, 2010
My son is studying at this school. The School staff and teachers are doing very great. Im happy that my son studying at this school

Winding Springs Elementary 4

Posted August 25, 2008
I am a parent that came from a great school district in Northern Va. I moved here and found that this school not overcrowded like many of the Charlotte schools, but the teachers are dedicated, the parents are involved and they do an excellent job in getting the kids excited about school and teach what it is to be a citizen of this community and in the future. I think it is up to the parents no matter what school to make sure they are just as dedicated as the teachers and administration to make sure their children are making the grade. The teachers can't do it alone.

Winding Springs Elementary 0

Posted March 03, 2008
I see dedication from the teachers at this school. The students act as one large family and I see a lot of peer level support in and out of the classroom. I am impressed with the principal and staff. The students are being prepared for the future through academics and character traits. Go WSE!

Posted February 03, 2008

Posted July 26, 2004
The 2004 school year ended with our EOG tests and 91% were at or above grade level. Many of the younger students are reading 3 grade levels above their class! This is a small Magnet School with a program of Leadership and Global Economics. Even though many of the students come from low to mid income homes, the parents are VERY involved in the school, and it makes ALL the difference in the childrens performances. In these days when you need a road map to find a classroom in schools with 1,200+ students, Winding Springs School of less than 500 students in a hidden gem!!

Winding Springs Elementary
6601 Horace Mann Road, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Winding Springs Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winding Springs Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.