Charlotte, NC

Posted June 26, 2014
As a teacher at the school, it is an amazing place for teachers and students. Many students are transported from surrounding neighborhoods making this not a true "neighborhood school." There are many challenges students face and the staff works hard to address them and demonstrate growth. There has been a transformation happening with new leadership and many new teachers. The most powerful thing that can continue to ensure this school's success is more parents being involved in the school. Research shows that when parents are involved in their child's education the school and it's students are successful. If you are new to the area I encourage you to visit the school. You will see incredible work from dedicated staff and highly engaged students. In my 17 years of teaching this is one of the best environments for learning for kids.

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary 1

Posted May 15, 2014
This "school" would not have been on my radar as a place to send my child. We moved into the area from another state. If I had insight into the events that were to come for the year I would have immediately transferred my child elsewhere. While some staff members are pleasant, there are others there for whatever reason because they are not contributing to the teaching environment. I visited my child's class on different occasions and was not welcomed by the teacher. They say they have no toleration for bullying but no disciplinary action was taking after my child reached out to some staff members. If your child(ren) must attend this school, make sure you continuously make suprise class visits and ask plenty of questions about the happenings in class.

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary 1

Posted April 10, 2014
This school needs to be revamped from the top down. Adminstration and staff need to be coached on how to be sensitive to their students needs as well as how to resolve issues with parents. My children ended up at this school by default. Every attempt I made on trying to relocate them was blocked. Every situation was dismissed by administration because the teacher is "a good instructor". I am very unhappy with this school and am moving far away from this district before the start of the next school year.

Posted July 10, 2013
My son attended this school from Kindergarten to 4th grade. We are currently relocating to another state. I believe as long as you stay involved in your child's school you will get great returns. My son is an amazing reader and the teachers have always been hands on and communicate well. With that being said, I am putting this review because I see I'd like to share to any parent that's looking at this school as a possibility. Average school, pleasant staff- stay involved. Join PTA - attend as many school events as possible.

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary 3

Posted September 21, 2009
this is a wonderful school really attentive to the needs of the students and parents.....thank you again for what it's worth!!!!!!

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary 5

Posted October 01, 2007
Thank you Nathaniel Alexander Elem. for accepting my child for who she is. It is hard to find a wonderful set of staff that cares for the child and the parents. And her learning assignments are amazing, especially when I see the results! Thank you!

Posted March 11, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary 5

Posted July 24, 2004

Nathaniel Alexander Elementary
7910 Neal Road, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified Nathaniel Alexander Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nathaniel Alexander Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top