Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My two children attend University Park. My oldest has attended since kindergarten and is now in fourth. The changes the new staff has made have been great in my opinion. The office staff and principals have answered any questions I have had. Where there were problems with other students in the past it didn't happen last year because they keep students safety first. We love UPCA.

This school is supposed to be a magnet school, but because it in a more urban area of town, the students are treated like remedial throw aways as opposed to the potential leaders in our future. These talented kids have a lot to offer, but the new administrative team sets the kids up to fail. There's no effective communication between staff and parents and the adults bully the students just as much as the kids bully each other by yelling at them, embarrassing them and putting them down instead of building them up. They teach the kids to pass test, not to learn. If your kid is really smart, they will be praised, but if your child thinks outside of the box, he/she will punished for being creative which defeats the purpose of a creative arts school. They use the smart kids to make the school look better than it really is and do not accept the students who are different and what they can potentially bring to the table. I'd know because I am a patent to both types.

I found this school to be outstanding in the office staff, administrators,teachers and support staff. I would suggest this school to any parent that is looking for their child to go to school to learn! My son did a 100% turnaround after coming from a school in the same district that was not "child centered"

This school is an urban city school. Great teachers, parents and students make this school the best.

We have 3 kids here right now, and they are all pretty happy there. I loath the amount of homework all grades are burdened with, but it's no better anywhere in CMS. The staff is usually very nice & helpful. The principal has never been friendly to me, and I am in the office often. Kindergarteners read quite well by the time they finish their 1st year. We love the arts! Sadly, musical instrument classes are not during school hours at extra expense. Impossible for us due to busing.

Last modified University Park Creative Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.