Merry Oaks Elementary 1

Posted May 04, 2014
This school has wonderful teachers and students along with supportive parents but the principal is absolutely terrible! He treats his teachers like they are children and therefore, this school has a very high turnover

Merry Oaks Elementary 5

Posted May 01, 2014
The facilities and staff at Merry Oaks are outstanding. My child received unbelievable attention and progressed quickly. The school serves a high number of first generation English speaking students exposing kids to other cultures and customs. The teachers meet the children where they are and get them where they need to be. This is not reflected in this site's rating - there are over 50 languages spoken yet everything is taught in English. There is more top of the line technology exposure here than I have seen at any other public CMS schools. There is an active PTA and SLT program. I feel that Merry Oak's primary focus is on academics which is refreshing when so many other schools push fundraising and "extras". The hours are great for young children allowing time in the afternoon to be a kid and homework is very manageable. My child left well prepared for the IB middle school program and adjusted well socially compared to some of the other new middle school children who were not exposed to the diverse population Merry Oaks serves. It is a great school - don't let the rating fool you!

Merry Oaks Elementary 4

Posted April 30, 2010
My children have been attending this school for 5 years now and I have had my ups and downs with the school but my children have grown and learned a lot during their time there. The teachers that I have encountered really seem to care about the students and Mrs. Morgan really is a great help to some of the students. My middle daughter had some emotional and educational issues and Mrs Morgan was really a shinning light for her. Also Mrs Santoro, a third grade teacher there, is one of the best teachers I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She was my child's second and then third grade teacher and has been a huge part of why my middle daughter has thrived the way she has. All in all, not a bad environment for children.

Merry Oaks Elementary 5

Posted January 26, 2010
The Principal, teachers, and staff at this school are so dedicated and caring that the students can't help but achieve excellence !

Merry Oaks Elementary 0

Posted March 07, 2008
Great environment in this rich in diversity school. Very pleased to be a parent involved at merry Oaks. Mrs. Morgan (psychologist) is truly a gem and a breath of fresh air. She always seems to have a thoughtful take on any situation.

Merry Oaks Elementary
3508 Draper Avenue, Charlotte, NC  28205
Last modified Merry Oaks Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merry Oaks Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.