Posted August 10, 2013
McKee is an excellent school! Have 1 child there for 3 years. Parents & the kids love this school! Great PTA and strong, caring, top teachers!

Mckee Road Elementary 1

Posted June 08, 2012
We had just one of our kids at Mckee Elementary and our experience was very frustrating. Very glad it was only one year. This school seems to be concerned only and just with their rates and percentages not very much with their students. We were fooled with all the comments and numbers we saw before deciding to whether transfer our child to Mckee Elementary or not. Very sad we did!

Posted February 22, 2011
I have two children at McKee Road School and our experience has been wonderful. We've had great teachers and I feel that my kids are getting a great education. The teachers here all have many years of experience so our kids get the cream of the crop as far as teachers are concerned. The new principal, Mrs. Newsome is very involved and is a great new asset to the school. My kids love their school too.

Posted June 10, 2010
I have 2 children at McKee. Their teachers are and always have been wonderful! The principal is very honest, upstanding and caring. The is an amazing amount of parental involvement at McKee.

Posted March 21, 2010
Our experience with the school has been that they are more focused on awards and politics then on the kids. We are also going to be removing our kids from the school. We love the teachers but they seem to be have there hands tied buythe administration. A fish stinks from the head down mabey we should start looking there.

Posted February 12, 2010
We have two children at Mckee Road. The teachers are all experienced and caring. The Principal is also excellent (Mr Price). We have had our children in private school in the past, and the education at Mckee Rd is really better.

Posted January 09, 2010
I don't understand why this school has a ten. I believe it is only based on test scores. If you walk into the school the teachers are all under a lot of stress and seem upset all of the time. I am removing my child as I don't see how anyone in this environment would enjoy learning, or school for that matter.

Posted June 10, 2009
My son just finished Kindergarten and I can't tell you how much we LOVE this school. The principal, the teachers, the staff are wonderful.

Posted June 09, 2009
This is an excellent school and the teachers are amazing. The school is very clean and there is a great deal of parent involvement.

Posted June 11, 2008

Mckee Road Elementary
4101 McKee Road, Charlotte, NC  28270
Last modified Mckee Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckee Road Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.