Hornets Nest Elementary 5

Posted January 26, 2014
I was hesitant to enroll my son here, since we are in the complete minority and the ratings, but we didn't have any other option. It has turned out to be a great school! ALL of the staff have been nothing but nice. They stand in the halls and say "hello" to everyone who walks by, and the principal is very visible and approachable. They run a very tight ship at Hornets Nest. My son is in first grade, and he has no complaints about being at this school. I do sometimes question if he is learning as much as he was at his old school, but his reading and math skills are still progressing, so they're doing something right! We have only been here for 'almost' 2 months, but NO complaints so far.

Hornets Nest Elementary 4

Posted April 15, 2013
"Diamond in the Rough" I was in a bind and had to pull my daughter out of private school to our assigned school (Hornets Nest). Was very concerned, but did not have a choice. This school turned out to be much better than my daughter's private school! The teachers are caring and very dedicated. They are also very responsive to emails and concerns. The school has a high poverty rate, which dampers it reputation. A fair amount of the middle and upper class parents within the boundary send their schools to private school. However, I am confident that if this school had more parental involvement and more kids attending their neighborhood school vs. private school. Hornet s Nest would be among the top!

Posted January 14, 2013
Poor overall! I would not send an animal to this school! My family had a bad experience with several teachers and the principal was always clueless and never available.

Posted August 28, 2012
I HAVE 1 CHILD AT THIS SCHOOL IN THE SECOND GRADE & HIS KINDERGARDEN YEAR HE HAD SUB TEACHERS HALF OF THE YEAR, DIFFERENT TEACHERS ALMOST EVERY WEEK! NOW HE IS IN SECOND GRADE & GUESS WHAT A SUB TEACHER...... HIS TEACHER WILL BE BACK IN JAN.! I WALKED HIM IN HIS FIRST DAY, WE NEVER EVEN GOT SO MUCH AS A HELLO FROM HER! SHE NEVER EVEN LOOKED OUR WAY! NO SMILE, NO GOOD MORNING! SECOND DAY SAMETHING! TEACHERS SHOULD MAKE A CHILD WELCOME IN THERE CLASS ROOM & WANT TO COME TO SCHOOL & LEARN!!!! NOT FEEL LIKE THEY ARE UNWATED!! MY HUSBAND & I ARE NOW LOOKING FOR ANOTHER SCHOOL, MY CHILD WILL NOT BE TREATED THIS WAY!!!! I AM A VERY UNHAPPY PARENT :(

Posted November 19, 2008
i think that this school is wounderful and that it's not only the teachers but the parents that needs to be involved in what goes on at their kids school and with their education

Posted July 27, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008
This is the worst school that my child has ever been in. It has the worst supervision from school personel that I have ever seen. The school seems to think that bully's are fine as long as there is an excuse it's ok to harm another child . The principal never has time for concerned parents. Bully's are not disciplined for there abusive behavior.

Posted March 14, 2008
My son is currently in second grade and I have had several problems with the school. My child has had three different classroom teachers this year alone! I find them extremely disorganized and working amid chaos. I am also dissatisfied with the curriculum. I am removing my son ASAP.The administration is friendly and willing to help.

Posted August 22, 2007
My grandchild has been going to this school for the past 3 years and I have a few complaints. First of all, I have not been impressed with the quality of teachers at this school. Many are new teachers that seem to lack any experience with children. I have strongly suggested to the parents to take him out of this school.

Posted January 16, 2007

Hornets Nest Elementary
6700 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, NC  28216
Last modified Hornets Nest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hornets Nest Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top