Bad
Good

Vance High School is changing for the better (at a slow pace I admit) but the communities are still trying to keep stereotypes and rumors alive without any evidence. The school is becoming a place where students are still to take control over their education and their lives.

I love Vance high school I love my school . There isn't anything wrong with Vance . It's just that students come just to come with out any care about others time or education . Not only that but it's who you hang around and who you know. If you come to school to learn and do what you are told then you should fine. It's all up to you ,!!!!!! In high school they teach you life lessons and that is exactly what Vance is teaching me

Vance is a great school. People shouldn't listen to rumors - come and Che k the school out for yourself. I am a teacher at Vance and we have good leadership now that focuses on instruction. There are high standards for students and faculty that cares. Vance is finally becoming the school it was meant to be!

Vance's recent change in leadership has driven the majority of the "Rockstar" instructors away. Vance embraces "Minimum Grades", meaning, students can't earn lower than a 50%. . Administrators above the new principal say that, "Grading is at the principal's discretion...." These practices are not common knowledge. She has also rearranged the teachers, experienced / high performing teachers are placed with the lower performing students and vice versa. In some cases, advanced students are not being taught enough to even pass the AP exams. Vance has spent more time breaking up fights and increasing its percentage of school arrests (a 663% increase according to the news from last year to now) this year. The only major thing that has changed is the leadership. We have written and conferenced with her and those above her and still no help.

I am a senior at Vance and i love my school. i feel that vance can be a great school to thoese that make it great and get involved. i also feel that at any school a child can find bad things to do if he/she really wants to.

I am a Vance parent and I think the school is great! My daughters are involved in the band program and here at Vance that is a very respected thing. The curriculum offered has something for everyone. They offer AP classes for those who want the challenge without being weighed down by the requirements at the IB programs offered elsewhere. The students that were taken out to attend a new high school are very much missing Vance and in fact want to come back 'home'. If that doesn't say everything I don't know what else will convince you that Vance is a great school!

Vance High School is a great school Im a senior, and so far Ive been doing great. I love my teachers and peers. the adminstrative staff is incredible. Cauthen is a great principal! =]

I graduated from Vance in June of 2006. I started attending Vance as a sophmore and, coming from a private Chrisian school which I attended in my freshman year, I can honestly say Vance High school is a great school. The faculty that I came in contact with, whether it be acedemics, sports, clubs or other activities, were all friendly and helpful fully involved in what they did. I took Honors and AP classes which constantly challenged me to perform well in my high school career. I now am in my freshman year at NC State University and feel that Vance prepared me properly. Vance is an overall great school providing a welcoming community to its students which reach out into the community as the University City magazine does regular stories focused on Vance and its accomplishments that it makes through faculty or students. Ms.Rea and others are great people.

Last modified Zebulon B Vance High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.