Ungraded
Charlotte, NC

Posted December 06, 2013
My son has attended Morehead since Kindergarten , he is now in the 4th grade. I have had nothing more than a positive experience because his father and I are active parents. The school pushes each child to achieve and expands learning beyond the normal deskwork but engages them constantly. Our son loves his school and his grades reflect it. Thanks Morehead STEM Academy Staff for a job well done.

Posted October 07, 2013
I have 3 children that attend Morehead. 2 of which have been there since Pre-K and 1 that has been the re since 1st grade. The best thing that could have happened was them transitioning to a K-8 school. I love the fact that the teachers really care about the students. I love professional Mondays. This allows children to learn early the importance of professionalism.My oldest will be graduating this year and I have had no complaints thus far. I honestly don't think that my children would have received the education or the experience at any other school.

John Motley Morehead 3

Posted September 30, 2012
I have a wonderful 6 year old son that attends John Motley Morehead STEM Academy as a first grader. He is currently making all 3's. He attended Kindergarten at University Meadows. It is obvious that the teachers and administrative staff at Morehead STEM desire to see their students succeed. The teachers work very hard and dedicate much of their time to the school. I love that my son's teacher encourages her students to participate in class and encourages good character growth through a barrage of different techniques. Students work algebra problems in class and are also required to complete some for homework (with parental assistance). I also love that every Monday the school ask that parents send their students to school in professional dress. This was just instituted as a means to teach kids about the importance of professionalism. My son's teacher needs to do a better job at communicating the curriculum to parents. If I did not ask my son daily about his school activities, I would not know about them at all. Or I would have to reach out to the teacher by emailing or classroom visit. I can do a better job at home if I knew where the finish line was located.

John Motley Morehead 2

Posted July 23, 2012
A 4th grade teacher announced to the class that she should have been a doctor instead of a teacher. Now what kind of role model is this? And the new principal want reprimand her because he is new to the school. I'm not impressed. And the homework assignments are put together so bad that your child or the parent can't understand how to solve it. So sick of school like this they make your child want to give up.

Posted March 04, 2012
It is a great school! Our daughter loves her teachers and going to school everyday!

Posted January 03, 2012
The wonderful thing about a magnet school is if you are not happy with it then your child can go some where else. I don't understand if you feel this way why you keep them there. There were 700+ people on the waitlist that would love that spot. Our experience has been nothing but positive but I understand with any school that will not always be the case. The school states at the start of the year it is a tough program, that will require hard work on the part of the child and the parent. There are days we struggle to keep up with the work load but it is worth it when you look at what they are learning.

John Motley Morehead 3

Posted December 02, 2011
These teachers are THE hardest working educators in Charlotte. While they are given updates in technology and work hard to write grants for more opportunities for students, they are expected to give their entire lives (24-7) to meet the demands of administration. JMM can go so much farther with parents who are RESPECTFUL, UNDERSTANDING, and SUPPORTIVE. Overall, parents do not trust the faculty when their child's misbehavior is disciplined. JMM needs a PTA that is organized and welcoming! Parents get turned off by the PTA when it is not inviting. The administration seems to be the source of the high turnover rate. Since the latest principal joined, more than half of the teachers have left JMM to move onto other schools. The principal even left in the middle of this year! The school will benefit ten-fold with a STRONG, SUPPORTIVE, and ORGANIZED administration! The teachers are incredibly dedicated to the students and school, and they need to be better respected and appreciated by students, parents, and administration. Clean Facilities, Tight Schedule, Heavy STEM integration in all subjects, DEDICATED teachers, Use of new teaching strategies, Challenging & rigorous curriculum

Posted October 04, 2011
I am so impressed with this school!!! My son started Kindergarten this year and I can't believe how challenged and happy he is. He loves it. The teachers are so supportive and wonderful, we could not be happier!

Posted July 17, 2011
My daughter was a kindergartener this past school year and we had a great experience with Morehead. She learned so much! She is already reading and writing and her math skills are great for her age. I am very happy that she attends this school.

Posted July 03, 2010
My son loves this school as the teachers are cooperative and extra curricular activities like Spelling Bee, Math Superstars, Science Fair and other events like egg-drop. They are organized very well. This is a perfect school to nurture the kids as responsible citizens.

John Motley Morehead
7810 Neal Rd, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified John Motley Morehead is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Motley Morehead Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top