K-5|Private

Bad
Good

A good education in terms of reading and extra-curiculars, lagging in math and science however. Not at all diverse. If your child does not arrive at carpool in a BMW or Mercedes however, they will be left out of more and more cliques the older they get. My son seems to have lots of friends, kids are always shouting out to him, shouting goodbye to him as I pick him up everyday and he has no shortage of stories about fun on the playground. However, he has stopped being invited to his friends birthday parties b/c we are not from the right neighborhood, can't afford to donate or spend big at the annual charitable auction and drive an older, inexpensive car. Very cliquish. Not very Christian in this respect. Very few working moms, most seem to be coming from the club or the spa at carpool.

My daughter has loved going to kindergarten everyday! We have had such a warm welcome from all: parents, teachers, staff at St. Gabriel's! My daughter has been so happy to tell me aBout her day...at her own time of course-for those of you who already have a kindergartner this is no surprise I'm sure! The communication between teachers and parents has been very clear.i have also been impressed to see exactly what my daughter is doing in school everyday. We have received all the information in a very timely matter; in other words not totally bombarded at one time. I feel like my child is extremely happy and safe. St. Gabe's is exactly the kind of environment I was hoping for my daughter. The PTO has also been unbelievable! I look forward to what the future holds in the years ahead!

I am a new parent of a kindergartner at St Gabriels and we love it! I have been overwhelmed at how welcoming everyone has been. The teachers are wonderful in so many ways, I feel like they have my childs best interest in mind! The parents, especially of the older children in the school, have been very welcoming to the new parents and students. They had very open sign-ups for parents to do any type of volunteerring they wanted. We can't imagine being happier anywhere else!

We recently relocated to Charlotte and were nervous about once again changing schools for our children. We were greeted warmly and made to feel a part of the community immediately. We love the teachers and the staff there.

I agree with the parent who was appalled by the behavior of the parents and the children. There is nothing the least bit Christian about the environment, and the parents have no boundries there and run the school. And if you are one of the parents who is constantly there walking the halls, then your children are treated more 'special' than the other children. These parents obviously have nothing better to do, and are looking for friends up at the school and a social outlet. Most of the children are badly behaved, spoiled and completely inconsiderate of others' feelings. Bullying is not addressed properly, and the overall academics are seriously lacking. And if you're looking for a Catholic education for your children, they will not receive one at Saint Gabriel.

My son has been at St. Gabe's since kindergarten and we couldn't be more pleased. The environment is warm and loving and the administration is the best. My child had a learning issue and they spotted it in kindergarten, helped us diagnose it, and developed a game plan with us, his teacher, principal and guidance counselor so he could succeed. I was amazed at how well everyone from the principal to the music teacher know my son. My youngest will be going to kindergarten there next year. They teach the children respect for themselves and others as well as morals and a wonderful education!

I could not be more pleased with ST Gabriels.

I have three children at St. Gabriel Catholic School (5,3,K) and will send my youngest in 2010. I attended Catholic schools my whole life in Washington, DC and was a bit nervous sending my children to a school with little ethnic diversity. It is with great pride that I can say our children feel a part of this community because the teachers, principal and students make us feel welcome every day.

Last modified St. Gabriel Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-5