No rating

Charlotte Catholic High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Charlotte

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $281,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted December 31, 2013

Charlotte Catholic High School is one of the best high schools in Charlotte. The academic expectations are high, the teachers and staff really care about the students, the environment is safe, and the students are challenged to be the best that they can be. In addition, we feel really good about the friends our son has made there, during a time in his life when positive peer influences are so important.

Posted December 10, 2013

Do not send your child to this school. Academics are terrible, and the administration looks for ways to get your children in trouble.

Posted November 15, 2013

I did not like Charlotte Catholic very much, yes the classes are good but the students are not so much. The discrimination is high and it is very hard to fit in. I have recently changed schools and like it much better.

Posted November 7, 2013

I graduated from Charlotte Catholic and it is a great school for your child to get an education from considering it is college-prep. Close, religious community with about 350 per grade. Not to mention, they are great at sports. Go Cougars!

Posted April 25, 2012

Both of our girls graduated from Charlotte Catholic HS and have gone on to study at great universities. The school is well known for student, family, & community spirit and camaraderie. Just go to any football game. The whole community shows up! Teachers are caring & well educated, with several from Notre Dame Univ. Not a lot of distractions in classrooms, such as violence. Fabulous winning sports programs. Parents are very involved in many of the programs & support systems. Most kids that graduate from this HS seem to move up to higher learning institutions and do something good with their lives. We will keep supporting this school even though our children have graduated.

Posted October 20, 2010

great teachers, community spirit, school/parents/teachers are a community, all famil

Posted September 29, 2010

Some of the teachers hired at this school are not well qualified, especially some of the foreign language teachers. One relatively recent German teacher could barely speak or write German. It was really sad and disappointing, and the administration's handling of the situation was even more disappointing. They hired a very unqualified teacher and then dragged their feet for a full semester before replacing him, and they refused to meet with parents to discuss the situation in the interim. Mr. Healy was a huge disappointment in this situation!

Posted April 22, 2010

I started out new at Charlotte Catholic High school this year as a freshman. I had previously been in public my whole school career, so i was not sure what to expect. The school is older but still has very good security and the food was better than most. I did not enjoy the school at first but after a few weeks or so i began to like it more. Do no expect any diversity and its easier to fit in at this school when you are involved in a sport.

Posted January 29, 2009

I graduated from Charlotte Catholic in 2004 and I can honestly say that those 4 years were some of the best. In 4 years at that school I never once witnessed or even heard of any school violence. All of the students there are respectful of each other and the faculty, and it was a great environment for learning. The school spirit is fantastic, and the things I learned and experienced while in high school there have proved to be invaluable. Because of CCHS I've been fortunate enough to be able to go to a private college and continue my education. If I am still living in the area when I have a family, there is no doubt that I will send my children here. I miss it terribly and every time I drive by, I wish I was still there!

Posted March 31, 2008

My son graduated two years ago from Charlotte Catholic, and it is the very best money I've ever spent. Now he is breezing through college without struggling like some. Thank you to all the teachers at Charlotte Catholic.

Posted May 22, 2007

Great school, top notch for the money. Teachers and counselors are very involved with the students. Most students are in Honors or AP classes. Random drug testing and breathalyzers at school functions. My daughter has been there for 3 years and has never even heard of a fight at the school. Unbelievable amount of school spirit by students, staff and parents. Perfect balance of sports, academics and fine arts. I would work two jobs to keep my children in this school. Great SAT scores and a 100% graduation rate. 98% go on to a 4 year college. Principal has been with most students since they were beginning middle school.

Posted June 21, 2006

As a graduate of Charlotte Catholic, I experienced first hand what this fine institution offers, and I am quite thankful that my parents had the insight to have me attend. Safety was never an issue, academics took first priority, and the most of the teachers cared deeply about developing not only great students, but great human beings. The only fault I would give the school is that it puts a little too much of an emphasis on athletics, but since none of the other programs suffer, I guess that's fine. Charlotte Catholic is a terrific all around school and I will send my own children there if I remain in Charlotte.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 23, 2006

Charlotte Catholic High is the best decision I could have made for my children. The principal and leadership in general are solid, moral and caring. My child is a National Merit scholar and was awarded a multitude of National Awards and scholarships for everything from Latin to science to english. I would sell my house if necessary to keep my kids there. It is a true community for Catholics and non-Catholics alike. They know and care about the kids and watch them carefully and have no problem speaking to the parents about difficult subjects such as allowing kids to drink in the home or not addressing hot topics. I find that this administration is extremely brave and realistic about issues facing students.

Posted February 27, 2005

The bottom line is, if you want your child to be succesful and go on to college, send them here. 99% of graduates go on to college, with 96% in 4+ year institutions. The student body is very friendly and welcoming, and fights are extremely rare, if not, unheard of. The acedemic programs are excellent and the teachers make themselves available to you. We are a faith-centered community with mass offered daily. However, just because it is a Catholic school doesn't mean we don't know how to party. With all these good things, I'm sure you're wondering what the down side is. Well, I'll tell you. Uniforms, 'random' drug testing(don't worry,there really isn't a drug problem), and a good intentioned, but sometimes authoritarian and distant, administration.

Posted February 17, 2005

I have had two children at CCHS and believe that academically it is a great school. The teachers will really work with the students if asked and are very interested in their success. Unfortunatly the school's administration, especially the two Assistant Principals are very weak and do not relate well with people in general and especially with teenaged students. They are very uneven in how they carry out their duties and work with the students. The jury is still out regarding the Principal.

Posted August 19, 2004

I am currently a first year student at a UNC system university and an Alumni of CCHS. As soon as I started my classes I realized how extremely well Charlotte Catholic had readied me for college.The teachers and staff of Catholic, have shaped me into the young woman I have become. I strongly encourage all parents who are looking for schools to check out Charlotte Catholic. The warmth, care, concern, discipline and eagerness of the staff are qualities only to be found at Catholic High.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

We have had 2 successful children graduate from Charlotte Catholic High School both who went on to graduate from UNC ChapelHill, one with a Masters in Accounting and is now a CPA and one who is presntly in the Phd Nursing Program at Chapel Hill. We feel that our present principal,Gerry Healy exemplifies the highest excellence possible in all necessary areas of his position. We cant say enough about this mans ability to relate to the students and to establish a healthy raport with any and all of them.We look forward to our remaning 2 children's success as CCHS graduates.

Asian 4% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 1% 2%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Charlotte

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7702 Pineville Matthews Rd