9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Foreign language teachers are not up to speed. How may times do they need to go over colors?? My daughter ended up taking summer courses at Queens College in order to feel competent in college.

Develops character: Disagree

Students are told one thing then the administrations changes their mind. Example, my daughter was approved to start a club, then last minute it was rescinded by the principal because he did not agree with it.

If your child is different in any way this is not the right school. The principal is closed minded and the school priest is a bully. My daughter was an A student who had more liberal thoughts and they made her life miserable,many of the teachers were her allies and made it tolerable but they were all scared to go up against the establishment. My daughter begged us to pull her out. Since she was a junior I felt that would not be the right thing to do college wise. We stuck it out, and she is in a great college now.

Middle school was very good but when my daughter got to the High School I found that not only did my daughter need multiple tutors (on top of our tuition--which is ridiculous ) but so did most of the families we knew. The teachers were at best--below average on using variable teaching techniques and really trying to give the students what they needed to succeed---the tutors we used in the area were completely overwhelmed with the number of Charlotte Catholic students and they knew the names of multiple teachers that did not teach their students---the French teacher is terrible but truly there are multitudes--too many to name that are just not teaching at the level they should be--most much worse than any public school---I would not recommend this school to anyone that is in a decent school district or who is considering one of the other private schools---the other private schools are much better---we had children at Charlotte Christian as well and it was a much better learning environment and well worth the money.

Charlotte Catholic High School is one of the best high schools in Charlotte. The academic expectations are high, the teachers and staff really care about the students, the environment is safe, and the students are challenged to be the best that they can be. In addition, we feel really good about the friends our son has made there, during a time in his life when positive peer influences are so important.

Do not send your child to this school. Academics are terrible, and the administration looks for ways to get your children in trouble.

I did not like Charlotte Catholic very much, yes the classes are good but the students are not so much. The discrimination is high and it is very hard to fit in. I have recently changed schools and like it much better.

I graduated from Charlotte Catholic and it is a great school for your child to get an education from considering it is college-prep. Close, religious community with about 350 per grade. Not to mention, they are great at sports. Go Cougars!

Both of our girls graduated from Charlotte Catholic HS and have gone on to study at great universities. The school is well known for student, family, & community spirit and camaraderie. Just go to any football game. The whole community shows up! Teachers are caring & well educated, with several from Notre Dame Univ. Not a lot of distractions in classrooms, such as violence. Fabulous winning sports programs. Parents are very involved in many of the programs & support systems. Most kids that graduate from this HS seem to move up to higher learning institutions and do something good with their lives. We will keep supporting this school even though our children have graduated.

great teachers, community spirit, school/parents/teachers are a community, all famil

Last modified Charlotte Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12