9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Charlotte Catholic High School 2

Posted June 05, 2015
Middle school was very good but when my daughter got to the High School I found that not only did my daughter need multiple tutors (on top of our tuition--which is ridiculous ) but so did most of the families we knew. The teachers were at best--below average on using variable teaching techniques and really trying to give the students what they needed to succeed---the tutors we used in the area were completely overwhelmed with the number of Charlotte Catholic students and they knew the names of multiple teachers that did not teach their students---the French teacher is terrible but truly there are multitudes--too many to name that are just not teaching at the level they should be--most much worse than any public school---I would not recommend this school to anyone that is in a decent school district or who is considering one of the other private schools---the other private schools are much better---we had children at Charlotte Christian as well and it was a much better learning environment and well worth the money.

Posted December 31, 2013
Charlotte Catholic High School is one of the best high schools in Charlotte. The academic expectations are high, the teachers and staff really care about the students, the environment is safe, and the students are challenged to be the best that they can be. In addition, we feel really good about the friends our son has made there, during a time in his life when positive peer influences are so important.

Charlotte Catholic High School 1

Posted December 10, 2013
Do not send your child to this school. Academics are terrible, and the administration looks for ways to get your children in trouble.

Charlotte Catholic High School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
I did not like Charlotte Catholic very much, yes the classes are good but the students are not so much. The discrimination is high and it is very hard to fit in. I have recently changed schools and like it much better.

Posted November 07, 2013
I graduated from Charlotte Catholic and it is a great school for your child to get an education from considering it is college-prep. Close, religious community with about 350 per grade. Not to mention, they are great at sports. Go Cougars!

Posted April 25, 2012
Both of our girls graduated from Charlotte Catholic HS and have gone on to study at great universities. The school is well known for student, family, & community spirit and camaraderie. Just go to any football game. The whole community shows up! Teachers are caring & well educated, with several from Notre Dame Univ. Not a lot of distractions in classrooms, such as violence. Fabulous winning sports programs. Parents are very involved in many of the programs & support systems. Most kids that graduate from this HS seem to move up to higher learning institutions and do something good with their lives. We will keep supporting this school even though our children have graduated.

Charlotte Catholic High School

Posted October 20, 2010
great teachers, community spirit, school/parents/teachers are a community, all famil

Charlotte Catholic High School 3

Posted September 29, 2010
Some of the teachers hired at this school are not well qualified, especially some of the foreign language teachers. One relatively recent German teacher could barely speak or write German. It was really sad and disappointing, and the administration's handling of the situation was even more disappointing. They hired a very unqualified teacher and then dragged their feet for a full semester before replacing him, and they refused to meet with parents to discuss the situation in the interim. Mr. Healy was a huge disappointment in this situation!

Charlotte Catholic High School 3

Posted April 22, 2010
I started out new at Charlotte Catholic High school this year as a freshman. I had previously been in public my whole school career, so i was not sure what to expect. The school is older but still has very good security and the food was better than most. I did not enjoy the school at first but after a few weeks or so i began to like it more. Do no expect any diversity and its easier to fit in at this school when you are involved in a sport.

Posted January 29, 2009
I graduated from Charlotte Catholic in 2004 and I can honestly say that those 4 years were some of the best. In 4 years at that school I never once witnessed or even heard of any school violence. All of the students there are respectful of each other and the faculty, and it was a great environment for learning. The school spirit is fantastic, and the things I learned and experienced while in high school there have proved to be invaluable. Because of CCHS I've been fortunate enough to be able to go to a private college and continue my education. If I am still living in the area when I have a family, there is no doubt that I will send my children here. I miss it terribly and every time I drive by, I wish I was still there!

Charlotte Catholic High School
7702 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC  28226
Last modified Charlotte Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Charlotte Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top