K-12|Private

Bad
Good

As a Grandparent of Students at Charlotte Latin, I cannot say enough good things about Charlotte Latin. The school runs so smoothly, the teachers are skilled, friendly, caring and devoted. The environment is nurturing and caring for each child. The size is large enough to allow plenty of interaction (about 4 classes each grade?). The school is very current in its use of technology. The facilities are amazing. I was inspired to write this review after the Middle School had its 2014 December Holiday Musical Performance, which I could not have enjoyed more if it had been a professional performance at Carnegie. Kudos to the devoted, skilled teachers and staff, and the students who were focused and on point. I was amazed at the inclusion of so many students in such an outstanding performance. These quality performances surely prepare the children for their life performance.

Latin is probably the best school, academics-wise, that you could go to in Charlotte. The college admissions program is great and starts early. It's fairly competitive but not in a destructive way, and they don't publish class rank. You are generally friends with people who make the same grades as you. Socially, it's a small school. Everyone knows everything about everybody, and everyone's talking about it instantly. You get used to it. It's hard to start Latin as a freshman (I've been here since kindergarten) because it's very tight-knit. Focus on fitting in at first; don't try to start drama or anything to set you apart. The last issue I'll address is the honor code, which is a huge deal. No one cheats and it's a big deal when someone does. You just drop your backpack going to lunch and there aren't locks on lockers. It might seem weird to new students.

This is the best school you can go to. I still go to Charlotte Latin and I love the involvement and friendliness of the teachers. The subjects and things we are able to do are amazing and I have been so blessed to be able to go to this school. I don't think there is a school out there that can have more than CLS.

I graduated from CLS in 2009. I can honestly say that Latin taught me unbelievable principles and showed me the best thirteen years of my life. The teachers, students, and parents all feel like family, and the opportunities I was presented with were unbeatable. You would be hard-pressed to find a school as wonderful as Latin.

One of Charlotte's top schools. Top scholars in state and state reknown athletic programs. Where Charlotte's brightest and finest send their children.

Amazing teachers who care about each student as individuals.

We moved to Charlotte in 1998. Our 6th grade son was accepted into Latin and it was the best thing for him. His 6th grade math teach caught a reading disability that would never have been found. My two daughters were in Catholic elementary schools. We liked the MACS system, but found Latin to be a better fit. The sports and extracurricular were an integral part of the mix. All three kids were accepted at great colleges and all went to their 'first' choice. It was expensive but well worth it. Parents at the school are really dedicated.

I attended Latin K-10. Leaving was devastating, as it was all I'd ever known. The facilities are beauitful-such an incredible campus. Excellent teachers. Definitely tough curriculum. My whole family is a huge Dr. Fox fan (he was the previous headmaster.) Latin has instilled in me lifelong integrity and honor. Great sports and fine arts programs. If the student body were any smaller, the diversity would be really compromised. Can be tough socially and academically (very competitive atmosphere at times) and the parent politics gets old, as w/ all HS and private schools, but if given the opportunity to do it again, I'd do it all the same. I feel very blessed to have the foundation I've been given at CLS.

Charlotte Latin is by far the best school in North Carolina. More students here earn top scholarships than any other private school. The facilities are also the best in the state. Best students, best families, best staff and best administration. Where you go if you want the finest education for your child.

Incredible school! I have three children at Latin. Caring teachers who are highly educated and are truly there for the students. Students are responsible, respectful and held to high standards.

Last modified Charlotte Latin School is a Private school that serves grades K-12