PK-12|Private
1,640 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

this school accepted our application and our $90 fee, and never once communicated with us to say that the 6th grad was completely full so there was no chance we would have gotten in anyway. This seems like somewhat of a scam to me. They took our money knowing that our child had no chance of getting in because the class is full. They should never have accepted the application and why did we have to pay $90 and then follow up on our own several times to be told that the school was full. That information should be on the website.

Develops character: Neutral

it does not seem very honest to take money from people for applications when there is no room in the school and you know our child has no chance of getting in

I recently was able to attend my child's French class, Library class, and Art class. The teachers were amazing, the children were engaged, and the environment was warm and welcoming. I look forward to many more years at Country Day!

We have 2 children at Country Day. The school is academically challenging, while being able to balance having nurturing teachers. The school does a great job creating well rounded children. In lower school our kids have a ton of specials. Our kids love the presidential fitness challenge. What a great way to motivate children to be active!

Charlotte Country Day has been a great school for my children. The teachers are wonderful and care deeply for the students. it is very challenging academically and there is some social pressure but the staff seems to have a good grasp on it except for Spirit Week - that experience can be improved. Athletics are great and Fine Arts continues to be improved.

Charlotte Country Day is great. I agree that tutoring may be required if your kids are coming in from Charlotte Christian, Trinity or public school - those kids tend to struggle especially at first and some drop out which is too bad. The kids from Char Prep do seem to transition better. The advisory program for high school students at CCDS is effective and student/faculty safety is a priority - all of the classrooms have intercoms and alarms. Our kids have never had anything stolen and I have never heard of anything gone missing ever! Can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. The administration is very approachable and are open to suggestions for improvement which makes for a very healthy environment. They even provide laundry service for team uniforms so you don't have to have those smelly things in your car! I agree it is important to do your homework especially if you are moving from out of town. There are a couple of schools that don't have great reputations (especially noted for poor sportsmanship and lackluster academics), and there are a few that do. Also, check out the class offerings and class size. It is worth every penny.

The teachers and staff are incredible. There is a wonderful sense of community amongst parents and staff. The teachers are very responsive and are flexible with intentional students. Our son has graduated and he finally inquired about the tuition cost and then proceeded to thank me for sending him to Country Day. He has been incredibly prepared for college - especially for Spanish and Biology. It is pricey but worth it. If you are looking at private schools, interview many people and ask lots of questions. We also interviewed students and paid attention to their grammar and social skills. After doing this, the only other schools we considered were Charlotte Latin and Covenant Day School. CCDS is a school that is very highly thought of in the Charlotte community and this is important in a smaller city. Charlotte Country Day's location is very convenient to uptown neighborhoods and this was important to us as our kids are all driving now to school. The most difficult thing about Country Day (besides the curriculum - the high school is TOUGH - it is a hard school and there is a lot of work) is getting in! The wait is long for some grade levels - retention is very high.

I am a parent with children in all three divisions, and I believe CCDS provides an outstanding and well rounded education that is worth every penny. My oldest was at the top of her class in public school but found CCDS to be much more challenging academically. It also gave her many more opportunities in athletics, community service, and art because CCDS is so much smaller; children can not get "lost", as they might in huge public school classes. The strong, involved faculty and highly motivated students really pushed her to do her best. College guidance provided valuable input at every step of the application process. My other children have had similar terrific experiences, made life-long friendships, and become better people because of the CCDS community. I highly recommend this school!

I am a parent and can attest to the incredible academic environment this school provides our children at any age. The teachers are outstanding, course selection extensive (Upper School offers Honors, AP, and IP options, CCDS had the first IB program in NC). Country Day offers a rigorous academic environment combined with perks you just don't find elsewhere. Teachers want your children to succeed and encourage them along the way. Parents are extremely involved and there is a great feeling of family and community among everyone at the school. Country Day emphasizes character, honesty, integrity, athletics, and arts along with the academic standards. Kids are encouraged to do their best in all areas, and all skill-sets are appreciated. The college guidance department is outstanding and make the application process much less overwhelming. Each division does a wonderful job addressing the needs of the ages they serve. The faculty is hands-on and your son/daughter will find so many adult role models throughout their educational experience. I simply cannot say enough great things about Charlotte Country Day School!

I am the parent of 2 children at CCDS in both the Middle School and the Lower School. I wish everyone looking at the school could get a deeper understanding and appreciation of the culture and community at CCDS. My children have thrived in this environment where character, community service, academics, athletics and the arts are woven seamlessly into the fabric of our school. Faculty and staff have done a tremendous job of meeting the needs of both of my children whose strengths and weaknesses could not be more different. The middle school campus is an absolute gem where the students are away from the pressures of being like Upper School students and can separate themselves from the structure of the Lower School and find more independence as they navigate adolescence. CCDS also does a phenomenal job with parent education and awareness offering workshops, coffees, etc on relevant topics to parents in each division. I could not be more pleased with our choice to send our children to CCDS and know that what they are learning here at Country Day, both academically and socially, will benefit them throughout the rest of their lives.

Last modified Charlotte Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12