K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 25, 2015
My son has flourished tremendously since starting Charlotte United Christian Academy (CUCA) 3 years ago. The ESE program is the best ever. He is right along side the typical kids in the regular classroom setting. The school is like family. The smaller classroom count is a huge plus. All of the kids look out for one another. The teachers are awesome (Mrs. Tia, Mr. Mel, Mrs. Beth, Mrs. Daniels, Ms. Hershelman and others)!! The summer camp program is another great thing this school offers. My sons Dad and I are here to stay and can't imagine placing our kid back in public school. CUCA is worth every penny!!!!!

Charlotte United Christian Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2014
I believe in Charlotte United Christian Academy doing fantastic things, I like the school in general. But over the past three years I have notice a significant change in the school culture. The teachers are fantastic, but the student environment has changed, and not for the better. I constantly get the general feeling of being left out, over the past 3 years my friends have left (granted some of them did graduate...) but I am left alone. I honestly think Charlotte United has and will continue to do great things spiritually and academically. I love the school, and I will be the first to praise it, it has done great things for me and it used to be a great place for those "on the spectrum", but highly functioning and felt like a home for me and I think it still can be, but there are some issues that need to be fixed and I don't have any suggestions. I still love the Staff and Teachers of Charlotte United like family, but I cannot whole heatedly recommend the school because of the rapid shift in culture.

Posted February 11, 2014
Charlotte United Christian Academy is truly one of a kind. It is staffed with the most outstanding leadership team and teaching staff I have been associated with. Somehow CUCA has accomplished what many Christian schools seem to strive for but so often fall short of. They offer a demanding if not rigorous curriculum far exceeding public and most local private schools, a generous array of extra-curricular activities to include a competitive inter-scholastic sports program and a dynamic performing arts offerings. All this in a most God centered environment and open to the entire greater Charlotte community. They truly walk out their call to provide quality, affordable Christian education. They don't compromise academics in the name of God nor do they compromise God in the name of academics and/or other extra-curricular activities. Over $550k has been awarded to the 7 seniors who did early admissions; 2 received full athletic scholarships to Div I & II schools, the others five receiving academic scholarships. Can't wait to here about the remaining 6. In short, the best kept secret in Charlotte and maybe the most important investment you will ever make.

Posted January 18, 2014
At the Christian school my daughter attended prior to Charlotte United, there were cliques & bullying problems. She had been tested & her IQ was "highly superior", but she was never invited to be in math clubs or to participate in any special programs. There was no understanding of how to teach children who weren't "perfect students". I thank God for leading us to Charlotte United Christian Academy & only wish we had made the move much sooner. The teachers here go truly above & beyond & care about the education & spiritual well-being of the students. I know that they do teach more advanced curriculum than her previous school, but she has had no problem catching up with her classmates. She is included in special activities & there are no complaints about her like we received at her previous school. In fact, she has received two awards in chapel & has been recognized for outstanding positive behavior. The children are caring & supportive of each other & there are no cliques. I am in the school a lot as a volunteer & it is a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. The school is growing & with the support of active parents & caring teachers, it will continue to do so.

Posted November 19, 2013
I'm a student at Charlotte United Christian Academy and have been there since day one and never have been disappointed. All of the teachers are loving, caring, and will kill you with kindness. The teachers at C.U.C.A will NEVER let you fail, they will take time out of their day and stay very late after school with no charge just to make sure u get what their teaching, and to make sure every door of opportunity are open when it's time to graduate and get a job. I think C.U.C.A has been THE best school created in my opinion and I will be there till I graduate.

Posted October 23, 2013
This is a great school, with very dedicated teachers and staff. It has been a great experience for my granddaughter.

Charlotte United Christian Academy 1

Posted October 07, 2013
i didn't like this school very much. messed up my religion with my church. sorry

Charlotte United Christian Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2007
a long history of helping parents to raise their children in the fear and love of the Lord. A caring family that goes on long after graduation. A great blend of academics and character shaping.

Charlotte United Christian Academy 4

Posted October 06, 2004
This is a small close knit school with loving, caring teachers who are more like family than faculty. The Principal, Mr. Luisi, is thoughtful and caring and involved with each student. I have a 13 year old in school at this time, but my older children attended here as well. The school has been established for over 25 years and has strong Christian teaching and family involvement. While it does not have a lot of frills that public schools have, student learn valuable lessons and unlike public schools in North Carolina, do not spend the entire school year learning just to pass a test. Teachers are diversified and share their talents across the board, so that it is truely a joint effort in education.

Charlotte United Christian Academy
7640 Wallace Road, Charlotte, NC  28212
Last modified Charlotte United Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Charlotte United Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top