K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The Staff at CUCA really care are are very loving. It is one of the few private schools in Charlotte that offer 3 levels of ESE teaching. Our child has progressed tremendously in tier 2. We are planning on sending our second child to the general education Kindergarten this year. The private tuition at CUCA is an amazing value for a Christian centered education. CUCA is a must to consider if you are considering a private education in Charlotte.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at CUCA are amazing. They are committed to helping your child grow and excel.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child receives about 1 hour a night in grade 1, this include 20 minutes of required reading each evening.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The scriptures are a major focus of the curriculum at CUCA. Students show great respect towards their peers and adults.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My daughter is falling behind and I was not made aware of this. Teacher did not express concern. Had to find out from an outside company (Kumon).

Develops character: Agree

Children learn honesty, integrity, and fairness principles from the bible on a daily basis and is practiced throughout the day.

Love the teachers and staff. Very friendly and kind. But as far as academics, very poor. My daughter has been going to this school since pre-k. She is now in the first grade. She is very far behind and I only discovered this when I took her for a placement test at Kumon. Apparently, she is at a kindergarten reading level and falling drastically behind on math. But her teacher failed to let me know about this ahead of time. My impression of the school was that classroom sizes are small which would result in each student getting more individual attention. Apparently not. There is a lack of effective communication between teacher and parent.

My son has flourished tremendously since starting Charlotte United Christian Academy (CUCA) 3 years ago. The ESE program is the best ever. He is right along side the typical kids in the regular classroom setting. The school is like family. The smaller classroom count is a huge plus. All of the kids look out for one another. The teachers are awesome (Mrs. Tia, Mr. Mel, Mrs. Beth, Mrs. Daniels, Ms. Hershelman and others)!! The summer camp program is another great thing this school offers. My sons Dad and I are here to stay and can't imagine placing our kid back in public school. CUCA is worth every penny!!!!!

I believe in Charlotte United Christian Academy doing fantastic things, I like the school in general. But over the past three years I have notice a significant change in the school culture. The teachers are fantastic, but the student environment has changed, and not for the better. I constantly get the general feeling of being left out, over the past 3 years my friends have left (granted some of them did graduate...) but I am left alone. I honestly think Charlotte United has and will continue to do great things spiritually and academically. I love the school, and I will be the first to praise it, it has done great things for me and it used to be a great place for those "on the spectrum", but highly functioning and felt like a home for me and I think it still can be, but there are some issues that need to be fixed and I don't have any suggestions. I still love the Staff and Teachers of Charlotte United like family, but I cannot whole heatedly recommend the school because of the rapid shift in culture.

Charlotte United Christian Academy is truly one of a kind. It is staffed with the most outstanding leadership team and teaching staff I have been associated with. Somehow CUCA has accomplished what many Christian schools seem to strive for but so often fall short of. They offer a demanding if not rigorous curriculum far exceeding public and most local private schools, a generous array of extra-curricular activities to include a competitive inter-scholastic sports program and a dynamic performing arts offerings. All this in a most God centered environment and open to the entire greater Charlotte community. They truly walk out their call to provide quality, affordable Christian education. They don't compromise academics in the name of God nor do they compromise God in the name of academics and/or other extra-curricular activities. Over $550k has been awarded to the 7 seniors who did early admissions; 2 received full athletic scholarships to Div I & II schools, the others five receiving academic scholarships. Can't wait to here about the remaining 6. In short, the best kept secret in Charlotte and maybe the most important investment you will ever make.

Last modified Charlotte United Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12