Charlotte, NC

The John Crosland School 4

Posted October 08, 2014
My child attended this school from 3rd to 7th grade. They have an outstanding reading program. My son struggled to read and comprehend. Because of the program, he reads/comprehends at grade level. I would recommend this school to any parent. Although a little pricey, its well-worth the sacrifice (the school does offer financial aid). More importantly, his self-confidence improved greatly. The teachers are attentive and want your child to succeed. He gives the school two thumbs up!

The John Crosland School 0

Posted February 21, 2008
My son graduated from Dore Academy in 2005, having attended for grades 8 - 12. Dore Academy not only took my son as a student, but took our family as an integral part of the school. The teachers met our son's educational needs where he was, and motivated him to aim toward his highest potential. They created opportunities for him within the curriculum and in extra-curricular activities. The teachers appealed to his strengths and worked with him to strengthen his weaknesses. The faculty and staff became resources for my husband and myself, and they gave us the opportunity to be parents, not homework monitors, to our son. Not only did they educate our son, they educated our family by working hand-in-hand with us when problems arose and/or adjustments needed to be made to his educational plan. Our family feels very fortunate that we found and were a part of Dore Academy.

The John Crosland School 0

Posted July 29, 2007
Our grandson is a student at Dore. This is a wonderful environment for students with dyslexia. We can see a big improvement in his reading skills and also in his attitude. This school has built his self confidence and helped his social skills. We are so grateful we found Dore and wish that all students with learning disabilities had the opportunity to get the individualized attention that Dore offers.

Posted January 07, 2007
This is the best school my son has ever been too. I wish that there were public schools available with the same quality. Unfortuanately, even with a significant scholarship, Dore is extremely expensive and we had to leave the school. It is the only educational environment that my son has ever had any success in (he's 15). As with all schools there are a few negative aspects, but the positive far outweighs the negative. There was a 'headmaster' switch in the middle of the year, which was disappointing. The new headmaster was not as sympathetic to my son's needs, but still the school is far better than any other I've encourntered.

Posted August 10, 2005
Our Niece goes to Dore Academy. This was her first year. We noticed the great improvement in her reading and math abilities when she came to visit us this summer. Our daughter, who is a reading specialist, was also impressed with the improvement. What impressed us most was the increase in her confidence and maturity. The small class size and the teachers and staff who are really atuned to the individual child is what makes Dore Academy such a special place.

Posted January 06, 2005
My 2nd grader has improved his academic skills a great deal this year at Dore. We love the class size (10 students in combined 1st and 2nd grade)which gives my child the extra attention he was not getting in public schools. Many parents are involved with the school including those from dual income families.

The John Crosland School
1727 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC  28207
Last modified The John Crosland School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
The John Crosland School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top