K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 02, 2015
My experience with this school was to only cherry pick kids that do not reveal their level of inadequacy.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 30, 2015
how can a teacher be effective if all you have to do is draw a picture? most of the time the homework and class work was taught at a elementary school level while your student is in high school.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 30, 2015
they are not teaching kids anything the hardest assignment i had was to write a 1 page paper or draw two pictures about a book i read, and that was in my senior year.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 30, 2015
The teachers play favorites and the students that arnt the favorites are just there to be there.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 30, 2015
I was not any where OK while being at this school and instead of offering to help me and being understanding they kicked me out. I never hurt anyone or anything, I didn't break anything, and I did my class work, I did everything i was suppose to but I was just having a hard time and because i had a mental break down i was kicked out. Instead of explaining to my fellow classmates what happened they told them they weren't allowed to talk about it and to not even contact me. If a school was going to teach compassion and caring they would of handled the situation differently and respectfully instead of like i was a plague on the system.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 30, 2015
the teachers play favorites and if your not the favorite they are rude and disrespectful to your child. My English teacher did not like me so she was rude to me and would always get upset with me when i did things the other students did. for example my class would bring in drinks for all the students each morning and we would switch off who would bring them in every time it was my turn i would be told it wasn't ok and get in trouble for it but the other students it was ok. or i would have issues understanding something and she would not help me but she would jump up the second her favorite needed help.

Fletcher School 2

Posted September 30, 2015
During my time at this school i went threw a major loss and instead of helping me the teachers ostracized me and then i was asked to leave. I had a mental break down at a school where they say they will help a child when he needs it, but all they did was make me out to be a horrible person and asked me to leave. At the time i was in the school the person they expected students to go talk to was also the person who would write out the detentions and stuff, so when you did go and talk to her it only ended up just getting in trouble. they didnt offer to help me they just said your a problem and kicked me out.

Fletcher School 1

Posted September 13, 2015
Fletcher school has been the worst experience ever.Within the last month of the school year, I was told that it would be best that my child should leave the school (Not to finish the school year). I would not conform to what the school wanted. First, I would not medicate my child so that he would become a lethargic zombie (he is an active curious child). Second, my child did not need multiple therapists to make up problems to justify why he should go to Fletcher (his psychologist who tested him said that he was normal child with dyslexia). I understand the dilemma of finding the right school for ADHD, dyslexic, or any learning challenges that children may have. I can’t stomach the idea of creating drug and therapy dependent children.The teachers wanted to control their students as drug zombies rather than teach to what the kids have to offer.I can’t understand why a teacher cannot control a class size of 6 students. Since leaving Fletcher I have learned that I am not the only one. During my experience, we were told not to talk school with other parents.I thought that my child was the only one with issues. Several parents opened up to me and let me know I was getting the exact same pressure to medicate as everyone. I was told they just broke down and did what the school wanted because they felt they had no other options.I can say that we all have wonderful children, let’s be wonderful parents. Teaching and parenting children with learning challenges can be a blessing not a curse. The energy, inquisitive nature, stubbornness and impulsiveness makes for better adjusted adults. We raised another dyslexic child and he is now a successful man. All the things listed that drove us crazy are his best assets as an adult. I have more examples of ways Fletcher affected my child negatively than I have room to write on this site. My goal with this is to tell what the school will make worse for your child. They will try to lead you to believe that your child is unteachable and will not be able to cope in society with other children with out aids such as drugs and therapy, when the entire time your child is a normal friendly child. It is pretty bad when a teacher tells me that I need parenting classes to raise my child, but now that he is out of there we are being told that he is a friendly, smart child that can be taught easily without any drugs and is flourishing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 10, 2015
The teachers at The FletcherSchool are amazing teachers who support the kids and are kind and caring but don't coddle.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 10, 2015
Students are encouraged to work hard. They are held responsible for their actions whether completing homework or behaving at recess. At the annual talent show I was extremely impressed with the encouragement given to each preformed by all the students.

8500 Sardis Road, Charlotte, NC  28270
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.
Last modified Fletcher School is a Private school that serves grades K-12