K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My experience with this school was to only cherry pick kids that do not reveal their level of inadequacy.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

how can a teacher be effective if all you have to do is draw a picture? most of the time the homework and class work was taught at a elementary school level while your student is in high school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

they are not teaching kids anything the hardest assignment i had was to write a 1 page paper or draw two pictures about a book i read, and that was in my senior year.

Develops character: Disagree

the teachers play favorites and if your not the favorite they are rude and disrespectful to your child. My English teacher did not like me so she was rude to me and would always get upset with me when i did things the other students did. for example my class would bring in drinks for all the students each morning and we would switch off who would bring them in every time it was my turn i would be told it wasn't ok and get in trouble for it but the other students it was ok. or i would have issues understanding something and she would not help me but she would jump up the second her favorite needed help.

During my time at this school i went threw a major loss and instead of helping me the teachers ostracized me and then i was asked to leave. I had a mental break down at a school where they say they will help a child when he needs it, but all they did was make me out to be a horrible person and asked me to leave. At the time i was in the school the person they expected students to go talk to was also the person who would write out the detentions and stuff, so when you did go and talk to her it only ended up just getting in trouble. they didnt offer to help me they just said your a problem and kicked me out.

Fletcher school has been the worst experience ever.Within the last month of the school year, I was told that it would be best that my child should leave the school (Not to finish the school year). I would not conform to what the school wanted. First, I would not medicate my child so that he would become a lethargic zombie (he is an active curious child). Second, my child did not need multiple therapists to make up problems to justify why he should go to Fletcher (his psychologist who tested him said that he was normal child with dyslexia). I understand the dilemma of finding the right school for ADHD, dyslexic, or any learning challenges that children may have. I can’t stomach the idea of creating drug and therapy dependent children.The teachers wanted to control their students as drug zombies rather than teach to what the kids have to offer.I can’t understand why a teacher cannot control a class size of 6 students. Since leaving Fletcher I have learned that I am not the only one. During my experience, we were told not to talk school with other parents.I thought that my child was the only one with issues. Several parents opened up to me and let me know I was getting the exact same pressure to medicate as everyone. I was told they just broke down and did what the school wanted because they felt they had no other options.I can say that we all have wonderful children, let’s be wonderful parents. Teaching and parenting children with learning challenges can be a blessing not a curse. The energy, inquisitive nature, stubbornness and impulsiveness makes for better adjusted adults. We raised another dyslexic child and he is now a successful man. All the things listed that drove us crazy are his best assets as an adult. I have more examples of ways Fletcher affected my child negatively than I have room to write on this site. My goal with this is to tell what the school will make worse for your child. They will try to lead you to believe that your child is unteachable and will not be able to cope in society with other children with out aids such as drugs and therapy, when the entire time your child is a normal friendly child. It is pretty bad when a teacher tells me that I need parenting classes to raise my child, but now that he is out of there we are being told that he is a friendly, smart child that can be taught easily without any drugs and is flourishing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at The FletcherSchool are amazing teachers who support the kids and are kind and caring but don't coddle.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are encouraged to work hard. They are held responsible for their actions whether completing homework or behaving at recess. At the annual talent show I was extremely impressed with the encouragement given to each preformed by all the students.

My child has caught up 2 +years academically and her self esteem is so much better. She is working much more independently and asks when she needs help. Each student has a MacBook (5th grade and up) or iPad (younger students) and the teachers use technology to enhance learning not substitute for teaching. The class sizes are small and learning tailored to the student. The teachers are amazing!!!! Fletcher changed our life!!

I would never recommend this school to anyone who is truly trying to help their child overcome their challenges so they can find a way back into society as a stable ready to handle life individual. This school's environment is toxic. The staff has a " give me your money so we can maintain our lifestyle" demeanor while 80% of the children who attend this school are on drugs. For a school who claims they are able to meet your child's exceptional needs and help them get what they need so they can be mainstreamed is a crock! This school is clueless of what is really troubling a child at the root and if you choose to not drug your child, they are absolutely inept at handling a child in their true form. It's a prep school on drugs without any real sense of addressing a child's needs. They also don't like to be questioned about their approach and and it is a very cold and non-inviting school for families to participate other than a few annual events.

Last modified Fletcher School is a Private school that serves grades K-12